Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Bitch is back, , , , , Cancer
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/29/2017 06:04 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/11/2018 05:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Oh yes, no THC in the berries.

Lots of people are telling me to smoke some though.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 02/13/2018 04:53 AM

dingpatch

The 6th round of Chemo, and hopefully the last! Last Thursday and Friday (2/8 - 2/9).

Yay! But, it is kicking my ragged butt big time; additive effects do add up! My taste was just coming back decently from the 5th round. But, it was gone by Sunday night! My ass is already feeling pretty "draggy", and that usually does not happen for a week or so after infusion. But, so far, so good. Told my boss yesterday that if I was going to have to have a 7th round, I'd just tell them to F-Off and let me know how long I have to live! LOL! No, I'm good-to-go for what ever this takes!!!!! I've been able to Bitch Slap this Bitch so far, and I am certainly going to continue to do so!

Still must have my "dental" work and clearance, which won't be done until late in March. The first VA Dentist I saw said that they would only remove the broken/cracked teeth that "had to go". He was pretty clear about it: during my "Close To Death" chemo in Nashville my immune system will be non-existant and, as such, NOTHING can be allowed to remain that could present any opportunities for infection.

Then, the Team in Nashville will start prodding me to get up there. My concern is still that I may have to wait too long after this last chemo and, as such, that the Team may make me have another round of chemo to ensure that I am "clean" before my stems and whites are harvested!! Crud! Keep fingers crossed, , , , , , , ,.

Dora Hates You

Edited: 06/06/2018 at 12:18 AM by dingpatch
 02/13/2018 06:03 AM

bus

Joined Forum: 10/01/2007

Hang in there. You got this!

02/25/2018 02:45 PM

dingpatch

Well, yep, , , , , hopefully done with that Chemo crap!!!!!

BUT, BUT, BUT, was way, way, too premature to be talking about how bad the 6th session was "kicking" me.

Yep, came on with a Fooking vengeance!!! Friday morning, the 16th, if I had not known I was on Chemo and what to expect, , , , I would have called 911. Yes, it was THAT BAD! It was all I could do to make little plans in my addled brain as to how/when I was going to be able to make it from the bed to the bathroom! Lost 15 pounds, and am still "down" 13!

It was not until Friday night, the 23rd, that I even had the faintest taste of anything, but much better today.

Dora Hates You
 02/25/2018 04:16 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

I spent a good deal of Friday with a woman (and her husband), helping them to, of all things, prune bonsai trees that had gotten somwhat out of control.  She was still undergoing chemo after nearly a year, and of course was carrying on even though exhausted.  She managed to seem much livelier the next day.  Perhaps a wig helped give that impression.  I admire her (and her husband's) coping with the ordeal.

03/02/2018 06:27 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Shit man... hang in there

03/12/2018 05:58 PM

dingpatch

UPDATE

Had my "last" P.E.T. scan on Friday, 3/9/2018. And, I just read the radiologist's report. I'm as CLEAN AS A SAFEWAY CHITLIN! Even the few "possible", other, non-lymphoma problems seen in the December scan are gone. With my "Premium" (ID validated) My HealtheVet account I have access to ALL of my VA medical records; labs, tests, notes, etc. Very handy!

Now, I need to start getting my head around the Bone Marrow Transplant trip to Nashville.

Dora Hates You
 03/13/2018 07:19 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

GREAT NEWS

03/13/2018 10:02 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Bone marrow's been done for quite a long time, so they must have it figured out.  Big trip.

03/13/2018 12:12 PM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Outstanding news!

Chitlins for everybody!

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 03/13/2018 09:08 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Get ready to start a new thread titled "The Bitch is GONE!"
 03/14/2018 04:47 AM

dingpatch

The new thread will be dedicated to the "transplant" process. It just plain sounds like loads of fun!

Dora Hates You
 03/14/2018 06:12 PM

dingpatch

Hopefully this will be the last update to this thread, then on to a new thread about the "transplant" process, , , , , , , ,

Saw my Health First Oncologist Dr. V for the last "official" time today. Yep, the P.E.T scan from Friday says that I am in total remission. OK, great! "But, you do know, , , , that with this being a "relapse", and your lymphoma being non-germinal, , , , that your chances of another relapse are 50/50." "And, if it does come back for a third time, , , , , it will be very hard to cure it, , , , , ,." OK, OK, OK, I get it, , , , , I am for certain going to go to Nashville for the Stem Cell Transplant! "Good, I'd like to see you a month, or so, after you get back from Nashville."

So, and as such, it looks like sometime in the first week of May will be a travel day.

I'll start a new thread to keep ya'll updated on those plans.

Dora Hates You
 03/16/2018 06:17 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Good news ding and the stem cell transplant will go well too, we're all rooting for you!
FORUMS : NPNR : The Bitch is back, , , , , Cancer

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .