Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Gators in College World Series Finals
Topic Summary: vs LSU, best of 3 games, Mon/Tues/Wed nights
Created On: 06/24/2017 09:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/24/2017 09:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

UF knocked out TCU, and LSU knocked out #1 seed Oregon state to get there.

LSU already has 6 national titles.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseb...racket-scores-schedule
 06/25/2017 06:08 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Cool. College baseball season goes on so long. I lost track when UCF got ousted in Tallahassee. Good to see a Florida team continue on. Hope they win!
 06/25/2017 10:23 AM

RegularJoe

FSU was in the final 8 as well, but got knocked out by LSU.

LSU had to beat OSU 2x to advance, and OSU was ranked #1 in the country, with only 7 losses all season.

But UF won 2/3 against LSU during the season, so it should make for a couple good games.
 06/26/2017 09:38 AM

johnnyboy

I was very impressed with the gators pitching, minus that 8-2 whooping. Their hitting has not been great but still pretty good. I see LSU, once again, besting everyone.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/26/2017 10:02 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Damn .... this is a lose / lose match up for me!!

Don't want to see LSU win another and don't want to see UF win one ever.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 06/27/2017 05:38 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Hater's gonna h8! ^^ sorry about your luck,LBL!

06/27/2017 05:46 AM

Central Floridave

Monday's Game 1 recap
That'll do it for Monday's coverage of Game 1 from Omaha. Florida is one game away from its elusive first national title, following a narrow 4-3 victory over LSU. Brady Singer was the story of the game with 12 strikeouts, a new CWS finals record.
 06/27/2017 06:59 AM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

Hater's gonna h8! ^^ sorry about your luck,LBL!

in your ear ..... Bob.

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

06/27/2017 07:05 AM

LBLarry

They showed Warren Morris sitting in the stands last night ..... he is on my list (along with Doug Flutie) of people I hope to live long enough to pee in their ear, while they lay in their caskets.

06/27/2017 07:35 AM

Central Floridave

Speaking of Doug Flutie he is playing drums for a free show at Lous Blues, Sunday, July 2nd. There is your chance lblarry.

http://www.facebook.com/events/1383552598396630/
 06/27/2017 07:49 AM

johnnyboy

I see LSU rebounding big time tonite. Gators take it in game three. Now if you're a gambler, it's time to bet against me as I have a gift for predicting the exact opposite.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/27/2017 09:18 AM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Speaking of Doug Flutie he is playing drums for a free show at Lous Blues, Sunday, July 2nd. There is your chance lblarry.

http://www.facebook.com/events/1383552598396630/

I beat that height challenged lil bastage doesn't use a stool to play drums.

06/27/2017 08:22 PM

johnnyboy

Very exciting game. So much action. Gator second baseman's throw home on a single to throw out the third base runner was awesome. Gators then blew it open.

06/28/2017 07:23 AM

RegularJoe

Yep, long but exciting. Incredible pitching staffs. I thought UF would get burned by those 7 runs LOB in the first 3 innings, but LSU was their own worst enemy. That's 4/5 UF took from LSU this year, so no question about supremacy.

And I think UF's team is much younger, which bodes well for their future.

Jonnyboy, I appreciate your reminding us you typically predict the opposite of what will actually happen. I will keep that in mind and consult you before I make bets in the future!

FWIW, UCF finished the regular season ranked #24 in NCAA-D1 baseball. FSU a little higher. (22 trips for them to Omaha under Martin, and still no title. )
 06/28/2017 09:23 AM

johnnyboy

I have a gift. Its a sincere belief in a plausible outcome that has almost never come to fruition.

I think the whole thing started to unravel for LSU in the first inning when their first baseman bobbled an easy toss and allowed the runner to steal second. It set a shaky tone that felt like they were backpeddling the whole game. Having a tying run called back for a pointless interference was par for the course. It sounded like the whole Tiger nation was in Omaha. I felt like a couple of more bad calls in UF's favor might actually cause a rush on to the field. I do not often think of baseball as exciting, but that game was very exciting and I really thought LSU was going to rally and get it back, but, as you said, they were their own worst enemies.

Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .