Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Cavs vs Warriors
Topic Summary: NBA Finals
Created On: 05/29/2017 10:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/29/2017 10:11 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I haven't watched a single NBA game all year. But, jones'n for some sports. I guess this is the 3rd year in a row for rematch in the finals.

Game 1 Thursday night.

NBA Finals Preview: Golden State Warriors, Cleveland Cavaliers meet for Round 3
Third straight showdown on NBA's championship stage fully of drama, history and questions

http://www.nba.com/article/201...rriors-three-questions
 05/30/2017 06:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Super teams.....Taking my Spurs goggles off, this was so predictable at the beginning of the season. Should be one for the ages.

Parity? That word is not in the NBA vocabulary. Lots of changes coming in the off season.

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 05/30/2017 07:51 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Most are giving the Cavs under 10% to repeat. They shouldn't have won last year, but Lebron willed the team to win.

Warriors are arguably the best team in the history of the NBA and Lebron's will alone this year won't be enough now that the warriors added another former MVP to the roster with Durant.
 05/30/2017 11:32 AM

Greensleeves

Durant changes the equation completely.

Of course the last two series had key injuries and in the NBA injuries shape series. Both teams are in pretty good shape currently.

Draymond Green suspension for game 5 last year could have altered the series, just a huge bonehead move by him to cause it. Not sure he's cured of that kind of thing.

06/02/2017 07:08 AM

johnnyboy

Durant changed the equation completely. Amazing last night. I know one game does not make a series but the cavs have to create another another lightning strike.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/02/2017 07:49 AM

Greensleeves

Durant, who may have at one time been considered not a physical player, had six dunks. If the Cavs play that porous it's done and doner.

The only thing that could stop the Warriors is injury to a couple of people.   That said if the Cavs lost Lebron they'd be finished of course.

Pretty great spectacle the finals are!

06/02/2017 06:53 PM

Central Floridave

If I was the cav's coach, I would put my thug center in and tell him to take durant out. That is the only way. Otherwise, series is over....
 06/03/2017 03:11 PM

johnnyboy

I believe they call that Chicago style.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/04/2017 04:28 AM

sharkey

Joined Forum: 01/07/2009

More like Detroit Pistons style from the "Bad Boys" era, with Laimbeer, Mahorn and Rodman the "thugs."

06/04/2017 05:23 AM

Central Floridave

Game 2, June 4th Sunday, 8pm

06/05/2017 07:22 AM

Central Floridave

Game 3 in Cleveland. Wednesday 9pm.

Wow, The warriors are a super all-star team.
 06/05/2017 08:02 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

This should be a wrap soon. Cav's don't stand a chance. Golden State is like the West Coast all star team. It would be nice to see a series though, considering after this the sports world go silent til football season.
 06/05/2017 08:21 AM

Central Floridave

True, this is just something to keep us preoccupied before football season!

Cavs were down last year and won it. But, with Kevin Durant in the mix, i don't see how they are going to do it.

Every time the Cavs made a run, the Warriors would answer with a dagger in the heart.

I know it is frowned upon, but the only way Cavs win this is if they start fighting, pushing, getting in the heads of the warriors. Along with some referee help. They gotta get Durant in foul trouble and out of the game.

At least by the 4th quarter we know it is over so don't have to stay awake to watch it!

I'm kinda pulling for the Cavs now. Feeling sorry for them.
 06/05/2017 08:30 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

I can ALMOST feel sorry for them.. BUT being the last time I was in Cleveland I was robbed, my car windows busted out and my hotel room stalked, I'll pass. Even after Cleveland won the town was still miserable.
 06/05/2017 08:43 AM

Greensleeves

Feeling sorry for the Cavs?  They won in game seven last year in Oakland coming back from 1-3 which no one had ever done.

Getting physical with Durant probably wouldn't help because the Warriors went and got themseleves some guys that can dish it to the Cavs if called upon (Zaza (check what happened to Leonard last series), West, and of course Draymond is there already).  Igoudala's back is heathy this time around.  Jeez they even have Matt Barnes now.

These teams haven't stood pat either.   They have worked to get better.  What great front offices.   Here is a really good graphic about how the teams got to where they are roster wise:

Edited: 06/05/2017 at 08:51 AM by Greensleeves
 06/06/2017 02:04 PM

johnnyboy

If they sweep, that will mean the first time in history that a team has swept the entire playoff and championship without a single loss. That will be year one. There will be a few years of it afterwards too.

06/06/2017 02:56 PM

Central Floridave

if they sweep the NBA has to break up the Warriors. Its not fair and plus would make the NBA very boring.
 06/07/2017 06:55 AM

Greensleeves

Let it play out.  No one lasts. 

But what if it does?  Oldtimers fondly remember the strangle hold the Celtics had (pre salary cap) on the NBA like it was good.

If the NBA loses revenue they will look to change it.  But as long as venues like Orlando still pull in suckers for entertainment with lackluster teams the NBA will stand pat.

06/07/2017 07:26 AM

Central Floridave

If the Cavs get swept, even if they don't, look for them to stack their team.

NBA likes dynasties. I don't. I use to be a Orlando Tragic fan, but lost that affiliation.

Oh well, just entertainment. Watching the Warriors and it is amazing the talent on that team. I don't see the Cavs winning a game. But, will be watching tonight and expect to be turning the lights out in the 3rd quarter again.
 06/07/2017 08:08 AM

Greensleeves

Random:

Dynasties don't last now because the players on successful teams will get offered more money and leave.

Free Agents in theory sign cheaper to win, it's theory though.

Warriors 8th in league in salary paid.

K Love gets $9M more per year that Steph.

FORUMS : NPNR : Cavs vs Warriors

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .