Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 10 most dangerous beaches (a French concoction)
Topic Summary: #1: New Smyrna!
Created On: 04/16/2017 10:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/16/2017 10:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

YouTube  Other beaches have sewage, white sharks, dingos, or even people who will kill you.  

04/18/2017 12:51 PM

Cuz

Joined Forum: 04/25/2010

you read french? All I understood was new smyrna and read the number 71 and assumed that was shark bite counts. lol
 04/18/2017 11:19 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

They glommed onto the shark nibble counts for the Inlet.  I don't read French.  I can decode it a bit.  About as far as I can go is "Paume" is a fin/swim fin, not a palm.  

Things like drowning statistics are kept pretty well in some places, but in a hotspot like the Florida Panhandle, it took a local newspaper reporter a good deal of effort a few years ago to get some idea of how many drownings, when, and where.  The CDC attempts to collect drowning stats nationwide. 

The international shark bite registry at the Florida Museum of Natural History in Gainesville has done valuable work on almost no budget.  

I don't think much is known about broken necks (we had a fatality in Vero Beach recently) or other non-drowning water deaths.  Nor about jellies, though there's a great book titled "Stung!" by an Australian expert.  

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .