Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Samsung Duos S Phone
Topic Summary: Storage Space Problem
Created On: 03/28/2017 12:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/28/2017 12:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

faraway

Joined Forum: 06/29/2004

Tried posting this in the NSR forum and got an irrelevant and ridiculous political reply. Trying here instead: I'm out of my league on this one and I hope someone can help! My wife has a Samsung Duos S phone (I personally hate Android and don't really know how to do much with it). It is about 3 years old and has just 4 GB of internal storage. It has an SD card for external storage. With the operating system there is about 1.8 GB of available space left. All but about 300 MB of this is used on I have no idea know what. She has only ever downloaded two apps and they are both stored on the SD card. All photos are on the SD card too. There are all kinds of apps that Google includes with Android and I can't seem to delete any of them. My wife wants to get WhatsApp and I tried to download it for her. It failed and said there wasn't enough room. And after I attempted to delete some of the Google apps, which failed, nothing will download. It won't even tell me there is not enough space available. It gives me a code:419 error. It keeps giving notifications that Google Play needs to be updated, but it has this error 419 each time it tries. Searching on the internet found that I should delete the Google account and the set it up again to clear teh 419 error. I did this and it still doesn't work. I have two questions: 1. How can I fix this code:419 error? 2. How can I install WhatsApp? It says the download is like 28 MB so it seems that 300 MB should be enough space. Thanks!
 03/29/2017 07:21 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Try searching your issues on Youtube. You hit the nail on the head with all the useless apps on Samsung, not to mention how many are running in the background as well. Upgrade her to an iPhone and be done with it.
 03/29/2017 07:38 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

faraway, look at NSR again, I tried to answer you, posted a link.
If you want to clean out Samsung bloatware, you will need to root the device.
But that's probably more than you want to do.

No need to pay Apples iPhones prices, unless you really like that user experience.
You could get a clean android phone for a whole lot less.
(I'm very happy with my Nexus 5x, cost me only $200)

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 03/29/2017 07:41 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

For Iphone, and probably similar, if you text a lot and send photos/vids thru text all that is saved locally on phone. Delete all your old text and that may clear some space. Just guessing. I have to purge my text every so often.
 03/29/2017 07:57 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Yep, those "text" things really do start taking up lots of space and lots of apps also 'store" all kinds of "data" that has nothing to do with the app actually working.

One thing though, I see it all the time, , , , people store their photos and other important "stuff" on their phone and generally never back them up to a separate device. And then, , , , their phone goes tits-up and they are upset at the phone and the phone's manufacturer!

And, , , , to add to it, , , , a friend of mine has had iPhones for a number of years but has never updated the "as factory supplied" iOS. Why? Well, you see, it's because she doesn't own a Mac!!! What!!!! And, no, she does not have iTunes downloaded to her PC because she uses "other" music/video software, , , , , ,.

Oh, and, , , , you can get a used iPhone 6 in excellent condition for not too many bucks.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 03/30/2017 05:41 AM

BillyG60

Joined Forum: 01/19/2004

https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7562
 03/30/2017 11:14 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: faraway Tried posting this in the NSR forum and got an irrelevant and ridiculous political reply.     !

Over in NSR?  Really?? THOSE HOOLIGANS!!!. I bet it was from the panda...

04/03/2017 01:13 AM

faraway

Joined Forum: 06/29/2004

Thanks for the replies. I'll give some of the suggestions a try. I'd like to get her an iPhone, but she doesn't want one. She is old school...she uses her phone almost entirely as a phone (i.e. to talk on and send text messages). She likes this phone and wants to stick with it. She'd just like to add WhatsApp, not out of desire but out of need for receiving info among groups our child is part of.
FORUMS : NPNR : Samsung Duos S Phone

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .