Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What a turn around, UCF makes bowl eligibility!
Topic Summary: 6-4
Created On: 11/13/2016 06:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/13/2016 06:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

From dumpster fire 2015 OH-AND-TWELVE, to now 6 wins.

New Coach Scott Frost is amazing! Hope he stays at UCF for a long time!
 11/14/2016 08:21 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Congrats.......good coaching hires are hard to come by. If I was you guys...I'd start accumulating a lot of $. It won't be long before the big boys are throwing lots of $ at Coach Frost.

I never liked the fat man with a bad resume. I never thought he would get you to a promised land more than once ( or twice). With Frost you have a big opportunity. With that large of a campus and a few more years of creating alumni, it wont be long before the Knights outgrow that erector set of a stadium.

Frost should go full Schellenberger. Proclaim a national championship is in reach.

I want the Florida Conference.

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 11/14/2016 09:17 AM

Central Floridave

There are already rumors flying on Coach Frost future. Back to oregon for one.

I'm just enjoying it in the NOW. Glad we are back being competitive.

Last home game Saturday 8pm against Tulsa. Tulsa is pretty good this year. Don't know if UCF can win this one. But, hoping for it. Night kick off thus tailgating will be off the charts. UCF has a very good culture of tailgating now. The entire campus becomes one big party. Especially the Memory Mall.

Last game of season @USF. That will be a pretty good game. Preseason I would say definitely USF will win. Now, I'm thinking we may have a chance.

then a bowl game. Probably the Cure Bowl at the Citrus Bowl.

If you haven't been watching UCF this year you would think that the offense is really good since Scott Frost is an offensive genius (past Oregon OC)... However, it has been the defense that has been keeping us in games and winning them for us. I'm kinda worried about losing our defensive coordinator more than anything.

Another plus is recruiting. We are already getting great commits. Winning breeds success!

I think Scott Frost stays at least two more years. And, if UCF continues to improve, then yes, a bigger $$$ school will be calling and rightfully so. Scott Frost has been great.

For O'leary, he did deliver us to the promised. 2013 BCS win and a top ten ranking. He was a great coach that really should have retired back in 2013. UCF made the mistake have having the "coach-in-waiting" transition that failed miserably in 2015 (0-12). Ironically the coach in waiting is now offense line coach at Alabama.

Go Knights! So happy to have a team to pull for and that we are competitive. UCF offense is starting many freshman, including QB. Thus, the offense has improved all year and against Cincy looked pretty dynamic. But, UCF Defense is kicking ass and so fun to watch.

11/17/2016 12:55 PM

johnnyboy

If they ever lock down recruiting in their own backyard they will be unstoppable.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/30/2016 05:50 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

There are already rumors flying on Coach Frost future. Back to oregon for one.

I'm just enjoying it in the NOW. Glad we are back being competitive.

Last home game Saturday 8pm against Tulsa. Tulsa is pretty good this year. Don't know if UCF can win this one. But, hoping for it. Night kick off thus tailgating will be off the charts. UCF has a very good culture of tailgating now. The entire campus becomes one big party. Especially the Memory Mall.

Last game of season @USF. That will be a pretty good game. Preseason I would say definitely USF will win. Now, I'm thinking we may have a chance.

then a bowl game. Probably the Cure Bowl at the Citrus Bowl.

If you haven't been watching UCF this year you would think that the offense is really good since Scott Frost is an offensive genius (past Oregon OC)... However, it has been the defense that has been keeping us in games and winning them for us. I'm kinda worried about losing our defensive coordinator more than anything.

Another plus is recruiting. We are already getting great commits. Winning breeds success!

I think Scott Frost stays at least two more years. And, if UCF continues to improve, then yes, a bigger $$$ school will be calling and rightfully so. Scott Frost has been great.

For O'leary, he did deliver us to the promised. 2013 BCS win and a top ten ranking. He was a great coach that really should have retired back in 2013. UCF made the mistake have having the "coach-in-waiting" transition that failed miserably in 2015 (0-12). Ironically the coach in waiting is now offense line coach at Alabama.

Go Knights! So happy to have a team to pull for and that we are competitive. UCF offense is starting many freshman, including QB. Thus, the offense has improved all year and against Cincy looked pretty dynamic. But, UCF Defense is kicking ass and so fun to watch.

Ya better hope that the Ducks don't make a phone call to 4000 Central Florida Blvd.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 11/30/2016 10:29 AM

Central Floridave

I doubt Scott Frost leaves after one year, but $$$ talks!

Houston's coach moved over to Texas for 6 million a year! Oregon has deep pockets also.
 12/01/2016 12:15 PM

Central Floridave

Frost: 'I'm not a candidate at Oregon'
http://ucf.rivals.com/news/fro...a-candidate-at-oregon-
 12/01/2016 01:20 PM

LBLarry

Frost: 'I'm not a candidate at Oregon'

said every coach ever ..... right before they could not resist those $$$$$$$$$

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

12/01/2016 03:24 PM

Central Floridave

True that. Mike Bianchi asked him at the end of the interview on the link "What if Phil Knight threw 8 million dollars your way?" His response was, "Uh, what if he threw 8 million your way?" That is hard to turn down, but he says he doesn't want to move up until he can prove himself. I believe him. But, whatev. Go Knights (except for Phil)!!!!
 12/06/2016 09:10 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

I just saw an email saying UCF is headed to "The Cure Bowl" at Camping World Stadium in Orlando.

Yes, the former Tangerine Bowl / Citrus Bowl is now known as Camping World Stadium.

Anyway, that will make for one more home game this season.
 12/06/2016 10:06 AM

Central Floridave

I got tix already. Hope Arkansas State sucks and we beat them. Haven't been back to the shitrus bowl since UCF left there in 2006.
 12/07/2016 05:43 AM

Central Floridave

Surprise Surprise, Oregon hired away USF coach Willie Taggart instead!

12/07/2016 06:30 AM

LBLarry

Surprise Surprise, Oregon hired away USF coach Willie Taggart instead!

I was a bit surprised

At this point both USF and UCF are "Lillypad" jobs. It is doubtful that USF will ever be anything more ...... UCF has a chance to become more of a destination.

12/11/2016 08:39 AM

Central Floridave

The next surprise is that USF is hiring Charlie Strong for head coach!
 12/12/2016 09:46 AM

Central Floridave

Lane Kiffin to FAU...

12/12/2016 12:41 PM

johnnyboy

My friends say he is a dangerous hire for them. It seems scandal follows him.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/17/2016 09:58 AM

Central Floridave

UCF bowl game today (saturday dec 17th). Hope we win. Arkansas State, Citrus bowl. 5:30pm kick off.
 12/18/2016 07:51 PM

Central Floridave

UCF sucked an egg last night. Horrible game. Good thing there is always next year! Season is ovah...
 12/18/2016 08:37 PM

LBLarry

Not a good day for the AAC

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .