Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: only in Fla.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/10/2016 02:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/10/2016 02:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

itsnoelb

Joined Forum: 09/11/2011

Should be humorous,,,but.   Punta Gorda Police shoot Civilian participating in a situational awareness excercise.

-------------------------

Trying to think of something new

08/10/2016 06:05 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I strongly suspect the cop was using a real gun dedicated to this exercise that someone put a mag with real rounds in and he just didn't check because he knew the gun wasn't loaded. This is how everyone who shoots someone by mistake does it. I am not casting stones. I too once dry fired a gun I knew was empty only to have it shoot. I was extremely lucky nothing and no one was hurt but it was a very humbling experience and one I never imagined I would have. You know what they say: it's the best swimmers that drown. I feel sorry for this cop and even more sorry for this woman's family.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/12/2016 09:40 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Anesthesia used to be dangerous because of assorted accidents.  Anesthesia people took cues from accident reduction in the airline industry, where they set up required checklists for each flight, to prevent sloppy mistakes.  Airlines and operating rooms are far safer now.  

This horrible accident looks like flying without a checklist.  

Years ago, I think it was Utah that developed and then required hunter safety courses with early "shoot, don't shoot" movies for anyone seeking a hunting license.  They cut hunting accidents drastically.  

08/12/2016 12:36 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

With the technology available I can't see any reason they would do exercises like this with fully functional firearms.

"Blanks" or not, this was a poorly considered activity and I think any professional LEO would be appalled that they were doing it in the first place.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 08/12/2016 03:59 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

This is a horror story. Very sad.

As WW stated there is so much advancement is Human Error Prevention strategies including checklists,  two person verification, atitude checks, etc.   The protocols for doing gun simulations with civilians usually involve "blue guns".     

For 50 bucks they could have been using a blue gun.

http://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQuery=firearm+simulators

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 08/12/2016 07:05 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

"Oh, there were not any rounds in the magazine, , , , ," Well, OK, sure, , , ,. BUT, , , , , , DID YOU EYEBALL THE CHAMBER????

Dora Hates You
 08/14/2016 04:56 AM

mushyman

Joined Forum: 10/09/2013

Looked like a revolver he shot her with. 38 special It looked like!

Do you know what Wubba-LubbA-Dub-Dub means in BirdPerson language?
 08/14/2016 05:53 AM

RocketSurf

Joined Forum: 03/20/2014

No excuse. A gun is always loaded until I check it myself......
 08/14/2016 06:10 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

That is the rule. Live by it or die by it. In this case, kill by it.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

FORUMS : NPNR : only in Fla.

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .