Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Product reviews
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/17/2016 08:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/17/2016 08:08 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

OK, I'll start, , , ,

1. String trimmer. Last year my gas trimmer of a couple years crapped out. Bought a new one and, sure-as-shit, it crapped out within 7 months. No, no, no, I used the additive for ethanol gas. F it, I'm over using "gas". Did some basic research and bought an electric trimmer. Couldn't be happier. Got the 10 amp Craftsman that takes attachments. It screams like a raped ape and chews things up like nobody's business. Now, I already had an ample supply of heavy-duty extension cords. F gas.

16 inch corded string trimmer

2. Razor blades. They are just too damned expensive. Found that Walmart now carries their own Equate brand in disposable and replaceable blades. Five bladed. Shaves great. F Gillette.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Equa...-Trimmer-3-pc/46342026

-------------------------
Dora Hates You

Edited: 05/17/2016 at 08:19 AM by dingpatch
 05/18/2016 08:47 AM

DaveFL76

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

I've become a DeWalt fanboy. So much better quality than the Black & Decker stuff it replaced. Now their 20V lithium batteries last a long time and are all interchangeable to work in their drills, blowers, wet vacs, impact drivers, etc. Not cheap, but I don't think I'll have to buy another drill set anytime soon.
 05/19/2016 12:16 PM

ofdphildo

Joined Forum: 09/17/2005

1. I'm with ya on the yard tools. When my current stuff quits I'm going to investigate battery powered stuff. I have been eyeballing the new lithium ion mower. 2. Razors... I use Harry's online.
 05/19/2016 01:49 PM

Bamboo

Ding - I got one of these for Christmas - a Blade Buddy

http://www.amazon.com/Blade-Buddy-RazorCare-Ultimate-Shave/dp/B00NIPQ0GC

I've been using the same Gillette Fusion blade since Christmas and it still gives a silky smooth shave, before I'd get about 3 weeks out of a blade and by the end of the tree weeks it was getting pretty painful.  I'm going to try and use the same blade for a year with the blade buddy!  Only thing is the smooth gllide  soapy goop strip that is on the blade is worn out, but a good shave soap or cream makes that a non issue. 

I use gas equipment, but only buy Echo, stihl or husky.  I have a Echo string trimmer with their attachements (edger, trimmer, and pole pruner) and they are very good.  I really like their quick attach system.  Also, I only run alcohol free gas (marine or off-highway fuel) in my lawn equipment and have had no issues.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 05/22/2016 08:50 AM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Be careful using electrical power tools in the yard.

A combination of poor grounding & moisture (not necessarily standing water) can be very lethal..

My chainsaw died a while back and I got a freebie electric that I have been using since and the obvious drawback is the cord.

i got a set of great quality of gas powered lawn tools that came with the house that have served me well. They need the obvious maintainence and my biggest problem is repairmen doing unnecessary stuff.

Make the effort and use ethanol free.

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 05/22/2016 11:30 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Weed eaters shred bark and beat up paint. Does anyone make a small, handheld grass trimmer that works?

I was right.
 05/23/2016 06:16 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Hai.  Okatsune.  

okasume

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 05/23/2016 01:49 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I switched to these razors and I've been happy with them

http://www.amazon.com/Dorco-Co...4&keywords=dorco+razor

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 05/23/2016 04:04 PM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

YOU ^ are a dorco. u can get 3 bic dual blade razors for a buck 39 from the nice old lady at the gift cart at the hospital or V.A store, AND support a good cause.. You and dingpatch can thank me later with a nice round at Coasters. (i meant complete razors, rio. fixed & sorry bout that)

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean

Edited: 05/24/2016 at 03:54 AM by bob3000
 05/23/2016 06:50 PM

RioSirju

Joined Forum: 04/15/2011

will those razor blades with with a gilette pro glide?

Haven't gotten new blades in a while (f*ck shaving man -.-)

05/25/2016 12:56 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: bob3000

YOU ^ are a dorco. u can get 3 bic dual blade razors for a buck 39 from the nice old lady at the gift cart at the hospital or V.A store, AND support a good cause.. You and dingpatch can thank me later with a nice round at Coasters. (i meant complete razors, rio. fixed & sorry bout that)

I paid 1.17/blade and they bring them to my door. Yes, I'm lazy when it comes to toiletry shopping.

I also got a straight razor, and started out pretty good on the strong side, but cut the left all to shreds. Practically needed a tourniquet around my neck.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 05/25/2016 01:23 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I also got a straight razor, and started out pretty good on the strong side, but cut the left all to shreds. Practically needed a tourniquet around my neck.

Never saw the whole thing but just a few minutes of Sweeney Todd and I will never go near a straight razor!!

Anyone done $1 shave club?

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 05/26/2016 05:01 AM

RioSirju

Joined Forum: 04/15/2011

Heard lots of good things about dollar shave club but currently working on my dollar beard club application 

05/27/2016 04:42 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tom

Hai.  Okatsune.  

Thanks Tom! By the time I finish one side, I'll be able to start at the beginning again!

I was right.
 06/19/2016 08:00 AM

Bamboo

Originally posted by: Bamboo Ding - I got one of these for Christmas - a Blade Buddy

http://www.amazon.com/Blade-Buddy-RazorCare-Ultimate-Shave/dp/B00NIPQ0GC

I've been using the same Gillette Fusion blade since Christmas and it still gives a silky smooth shave, before I'd get about 3 weeks out of a blade and by the end of the tree weeks it was getting pretty painful.  I'm going to try and use the same blade for a year with the blade buddy!  Only thing is the smooth gllide  soapy goop strip that is on the blade is worn out, but a good shave soap or cream makes that a non issue. 

Ok, Just an update on this. 

The last couple of days the shave has been pretty crappy - like a well used disposable.  So, it is time for a new cartridge.  Not the whole year i was hoping for, but I got nearly 7 months of smooth shaves out of one Gillette Fusion cartridge!

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 06/19/2016 09:10 AM

dingpatch

Excellent!

I was at the local Walgreens the other week, , , ,. A guy was in there, with his wife, looking for a new razor. He had had an older "Fusion" or-what-ever and it had finally pooped the bed. So, he's standing there looking for a comparable replacement, etc. His wife was "WTF, WTF! Are you fooking kidding me?! Those things cost that much, , , ,!?" LOL

Dora Hates You
 06/20/2016 01:10 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Anyone done $1 shave club?

Been doing that for about 6 months now, no complaints. I only have to shave every 3 or 4 days if that, so I have a drawer full of razors and I switched to every other month.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 06/22/2016 05:18 AM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

Originally posted by: Cole Weed eaters shred bark and beat up paint. Does anyone make a small, handheld grass trimmer that works?

I use this for the reason you listed why you dont like weed eaters.

Fits all of STHIL Combi motors

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/multi-task-tools/accessories/kombisystem-attachments/fhpower/

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

09/17/2016 10:32 AM

SunriseSurfer

Originally posted by dingpatch

2. Razor blades. They are just too damned expensive. Found that Walmart now carries their own Equate brand in disposable and replaceable blades. Five bladed. Shaves great. F Gillette.

Just tried the Walmart Equate five blade...
... doesn't feel as sharp and smooth as my fusion blades.

I'll stick with my Gillette Fusion that I get from Amazon.
A little more expensive, but I get about 3-4 weeks out of each cartridge,
and if you watch, they usually have a deal going on for a 12-16 count package.

I can afford the price for the smoother and closer shave.

Puerto Rico 11 - 24 - 2013
 09/17/2016 04:31 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Pruning tools:

Silky saws, from pocket saws (extremely useful) to pole saws.

ARS long-handle clippers.  They seem silly and expensive, but surprisingly effective. 

Good loppers.  The Coronas at the big box stores aren't bad.  

A good vendor is Sherrill, in North Carolina.

FORUMS : NPNR : Product reviews

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .