Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Brevard dirt bike trails?
Topic Summary: Anyone on here ride?
Created On: 02/28/2016 12:01 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/28/2016 12:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

woundupintx

Joined Forum: 10/11/2013

i moved to Indialantic about a year and a half ago. A few of the guys I work with ride trails and I've always wanted to get into it. I get 28 days off at a time and seems like a fun alternative to surfing when it's flat. I work offshore and they live out west, so riding with them isn't much of an option. I'm seriously considering getting a nice KTM but wanting to know if there are enough trails close by to make it worth it? Preferably writhing 30-40 minutes away. 

02/29/2016 06:48 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

There isn't much left to ride, a smallish area in west Palm Bay and off of 95 at Scottsmoor. There is a MX track west of Sebastian (mesa park) and Croom which is west of I-75 on SR-50.

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 02/29/2016 07:23 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

I know all the spots and just rode this past weekend it was perfect weather (DRZ400).  My goto spot has been gated but I can still get in, no "No tresspassing" signs I think they just want to keep people from dumping junk, or partying back there...too bad was cool, but now it is empty which means first lines in the sand, kinda like first run on powder.

KNow some spots in Malabar and you can still ride some of the Compound, I hear,

A tagged street legal dirt bike will give you more otions that regualr MX-bike.  PM for directions to the spot right here in MLB.  Here is a taste of one spot nearby.  Turn the sound up and watch the whole vid...few jumps then back into tight trails.

When loading the vid just close the pop-up window that show up, not sure how they got in the edit but too lazy to remove...

Edited: 02/29/2016 at 07:29 AM by SurferMic
 02/29/2016 07:01 PM

SurferMic

Edited: 02/29/2016 at 07:08 PM by SurferMic
 03/01/2016 09:54 PM

woundupintx

Nice video and appreciate the info! Is that video from behind the credit union on Sarno by chance? So you think there are enough trails nearby to keep riding locally entertaining? Is any of it technical or is most of it just flat riding? Do you ever travel around to ride further than Brevard? 

03/02/2016 06:19 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Grapefruit trails in palm bay I think are still open. Check it out. Brevard Mountain Bike Assoc.
 03/02/2016 06:41 AM

Central Floridave

Also, day trip to santos in ocala. Its worth the two hour drive. Or camp there.
 03/02/2016 06:47 AM

SurferMic

Space Coast Fed Crdeit union Trails  - Yes that was where it was filmed, just a portion of it not the MX track or more technical sections, I was just messing around with the Go-Pro.

Compound is being ridden again and I know some spots in Malabar but require tagged Dirt bike.  Now you want technical, MX only type check this out located here in Melbourne, private track, you could get in with the owner and most likley ride, my dual sport could not handle it and I sold my Moto-X bike a while back but may pick up another just to ride this track nearby. 

Grapefruit trails I have not riden because of respect for the MNT bikers, one run on my moto would most likely rut -up everything and just tear up the jumps, like taking a moto-X bike on a golf course (which I did in my youth in Myrtle Beach, so much fun but feel bad for the damage left behind, young and stupid!)

The private track here in MLB is the jpg below..

----

As far as other spots, Ocala NF is the spot, so much to ride and if you have a tagged dirt bike a bunch of us are crossing the state of FL this weekend from St Auggyy to Steinhatchee (gulf coast) and back..mostly all dirt roads  link to this ride (Rally)is here, should be a really fun time in the country roads and National Forest roads.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/trans-florida-gs-rally-2016.1114215/

Edited: 03/02/2016 at 06:54 AM by SurferMic

tracka.jpg
tracka.jpg  (159 KB)
 03/02/2016 07:19 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Dave, he is looking for Motorcycle Trails!

-------------------------
Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 03/02/2016 10:10 AM

woundupintx

Damn that looks like a really fun ride! How big of gas tank do you need to make the coast to coast trip?! Was hoping there would be people I could get linked up with to ride with and plenty of fun in the area. Yes seems to be the answer to all of the above. I'm about 90% sure I'm going to go through with a purchase now! The bike I'm liking at has headlight and brake light but no turn signals. I'm guessing I could tag that bike and make it legal for daytime riding on roads, how necessary do you think it is to have turn signals to make it legal for riding at night too?

03/02/2016 11:29 AM

SurferMic

FL is very lax on street legal bikes, no turn signals required for day or night,.  The only thing I know is the title must not say "for offroad use only" or something like that.  Even though I have turn signals on my recent bike I still use hand signals ALWAYS although when I make the right turn hand signal I wonder if cagers know what I mean, at least they know something is gonna happen. 

The advrider X-Cross FL rally...never done it but standard gas tank is fine I hear, many gas stops along the way or just off the trail. advrider.com is the pace to get info on Enduros, there is even a subsection for Florida.

03/02/2016 12:23 PM

Central Floridave

oops, I thought he was asking about mountain bike trails. my bad. Oh well. Have fun!
 03/08/2016 06:47 AM

SurferMic

For thos into moto-x or dirt bikes (not MNT bikes) the X-Cross Florida event was amazing, perfect weather, very cool country roads and forest roads very little pavement.

Link to the ride

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/trans-florida-gs-rally-2016.1114215/page-14

Attached a pic of a random water crossing, what is cool is 99% was public roads, one route from St Auggy to Gulf Of Mex then another different route back, I was following a Class "A" Enduro rider who was fast, almost too fast but he was leading and was an excellent navigator....very few pics as he was moving 50-55 mph avg on dirt, scary fun.

Edited: 03/08/2016 at 07:29 AM by SurferMic

waterXcross.jpg
waterXcross.jpg  (238 KB)
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .