Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 2nd Light Water Test
Topic Summary: Caution!!
Created On: 08/06/2019 07:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/06/2019 07:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Tiptime

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Caution 2nd Lighters

-------------------------
The Wavecaster
 08/06/2019 07:47 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Thank you Tiptime.

Ta freaking da The good news is Vans is developing a hazmat suit for surfing!
 08/06/2019 09:30 AM

AndyH

Joined Forum: 11/12/2007

I can see the "CAUTION", "NO, "GO" on TIP's site and on this page, but I can't get it to come up on the SURFRIDER Site.?
 08/06/2019 10:12 AM

Bamboo

Is this just because of the warmer weather or is there something else going on? Generally the 2nd Light area has pretty low bacteria count and good water.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 08/06/2019 02:35 PM

Tiptime

Mouse over the photo on The Wavecaster

The Wavecaster
 08/06/2019 08:02 PM

KP

Joined Forum: 07/28/2006

I wonder if it is related to the blue green algae bloom in fresh water. Fellsmere/ stick March area is having issues ( feeds into C54 - > Sebastian river - > SI. Inlet)

http://indianriver.floridaheal...reen-algae-update.html

https://www.wptv.com/news/regi...t-issued-for-fellsmere

Time and tide wait for no one.....

Edited: 08/06/2019 at 08:04 PM by KP
 08/06/2019 08:49 PM

Cole

The once green algae in Cocoa Beach is now brown and it's making for a horrific soup.

Several of us who surfed in the chowder over the weekend are feeling a little under the weather. Is it related, who knows? But having that stuff flush through your sinuses can't be overly healthy.

I was right.
 08/06/2019 10:45 PM

Cole

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318337.php

I was right.
 08/07/2019 06:12 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Just a quick note: Surfrider is testing for enterococcus. That's a gut bacteria; means there's poo in the water. Poo can be from any warmblooded critter including birds, dogs, manatees, your kid's swimmie diaper, etc. You get the idea. Not necessarily a big deal; but, something to be aware of. If entero is present, chances are there might be other disease causing agents present. If you're immune compromised or have wounds, beware. Caveat: Not a health professional. YMMV.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 08/07/2019 06:15 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

no issues of feeling sick from surfing LB in North Indi area...what would cause the diff from Watson's to 2nd light? (more sea birds?). I understand the Inlet and creek Diffs but Indi through Cocoa Beach appear to be same type of env. unless it is due to sewer drains? Inquiring minds want to know...
 08/07/2019 06:34 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: SurferMic

no issues of feeling sick from surfing LB in North Indi area...what would cause the diff from Watson's to 2nd light? (more sea birds?). I understand the Inlet and creek Diffs but Indi through Cocoa Beach appear to be same type of env. unless it is due to sewer drains?
Inquiring minds want to know...

Cocoa Beach doesn't get much flow to the south in the summer and we have had a build up of algae over the last two months. It looks to be dying off and that it making a bacterial stew. I surfed in the green algae and it wasn't a problem. I surfed in the brown stuff and let's just say the bowels are loose and my throat and sinuses are burning. It could be a coincidence, but my son and my friend have matching symptoms too.

I was right.
 08/07/2019 06:54 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

What does "no" indicate?

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

08/07/2019 07:24 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

ahem cough cruise sneeze ships
 08/07/2019 03:17 PM

Cole

Cruise ships say the week long burrito fest/all you can eat buffet ejections are treated before they are dumped off of our coast. What exactly does "treated" mean?

I was right.
 08/08/2019 05:54 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Originally posted by: Cole Cruise ships say the week long burrito fest/all you can eat buffet ejections are treated before they are dumped off of our coast. What exactly does "treated" mean?
Its the same concept that our local government uses every year when a hurricane hits.. The sewers are overloaded because we love having people move to Brevard $ but don't update the infrastructures with the $ Whelp we cant have it knee deep in the streets so just dump it into the Lagoon... Same with the Cruises except Every Day its Dumped off our coast period and WAY LESS TREATED. It goes through a "SANI PROCESSOR" with an Electric Macerator and a Powerful pump. That means when the Big Ol Lady from Wisconsin who has been waiting her whole life for a cruise ship out of Port Canaveral takes a massive Taco and Beans Dump from the grand ball dinner the night before its Plops into the toilet and goes through an "Intense Treatment." That "Intense Treatment" is as follows... The Sani Processor collects the contents, macerates and pumps the "slurry" into a very large holding tank which holds all of the hundreds and hundreds of happy customers POO. Once the tank is almost at maximum capacity the Cruise Line releases it all into our ocean no questions asked. Every Single Week 3-6 Cruise ships pull into our Port. You can do simple math and figure out why we are Forced to surf swim fish in this Disease Infested Shit. We are discussing one Port in America (granted we are one of the largest)... "Local" Politicians LOVE more Ships more Disney more Tourists $$$ but I sure don't. Now Virgin Mobile is extending a Train along 528 from Orlando to our Port then South to Miami. Ohhh how it just keeps getting better and better.
 08/08/2019 06:26 AM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

lol thanks for the mental picture
 08/08/2019 07:09 AM

Cole

As they angle toward the Bahamas and other southern destinations, they dump into the gulf-stream, which flows the poo to the north and the south east wind blows it back to our coast.

Wow, that's pretty special!

I was right.
 08/08/2019 07:30 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: Cole As they angle toward the Bahamas and other southern destinations, they dump into the gulf-stream, which flows the poo to the north and the south east wind blows it back to our coast. Wow, that's pretty special!
whats special is the amount of years it's been going on, and will continue to happen. the descriptor shytshow is sadly accurate.
 08/08/2019 07:45 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Terrible
 08/08/2019 09:50 AM

Cole

From what I understand, they chopped away the public boat ramp to add another ship.

Gots to make the Benjamins!

I was right.
FORUMS : Surfing : 2nd Light Water Test

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .