Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Summer surf camp
Topic Summary: Any recommendations?
Created On: 06/13/2018 02:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/13/2018 02:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SurfCaster

Joined Forum: 02/02/2007

My son is 11, will be 12 in August, and approaching intermediate ability. Leaning toward School of Surf. Also any tips would be appreciated.

-------------------------
"If I say it's safe to surf this beach, captain, then it's safe to surf this beach!"
 06/13/2018 03:59 PM

grdsurf

Joined Forum: 09/28/2004

School of Surf is run by a former CT surfer, kinda hard to beat those creds
 06/13/2018 06:56 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

A friend took his youngins to School of Surf a year or two and gave it great reviews. There's also a nice program at some resort in El Sal that does post-surf video analysis; I can look that up for you if you get the travel urge.
 06/13/2018 07:31 PM

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

Originally posted by: grdsurf School of Surf is run by a former CT surfer, kinda hard to beat those creds

Was he really on the CT or just the QS? Either way, I only hear good things about them. They make it fun and get a good crowd.

Noah Neilson at Neilson surf shop is also doing camps...

If you're south in Melbourne, maybe Surf Guys is a good one.

06/13/2018 09:48 PM

vwsurf

Joined Forum: 06/15/2004

https://vimeo.com/45605251

Surf all day, polka all night, everything is alright.
 06/14/2018 05:06 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Todd Holland linkage fix
(If the URL you are linking is https:// you have to use that button)

Todd's gouge at 0:39 in that vid is on par with Tom Carroll's famous "snap" at Pipe.
The Snap
 06/14/2018 06:28 AM

LagoonSurfer

Joined Forum: 07/06/2009

For years my daughter was in Ron Jon's surf camp. Run and staffed by highly skilled surfers it has always in my opinion been the very best bang for your buck. It's longer per day than the other camps, they have a well-tuned instructor machine and a sound schedule. And they will have your kid standing and moving around (provided there are any waves during the week you put him in camp) before the end of that week. I can't recall ever seeing that not to be the case there.

Brother, when you get a minute, could I get a list of the words that trigger these fits?

Hey. Where are we going? (And what are we doing in a hand-basket?)
 06/14/2018 01:58 PM

SurfCaster

Joined Forum: 02/02/2007

Thanks for the responses. Todd was the reason I liked School of Surf. QS? He beat Occy in the OP Pro! I was not aware of the Neilson camp, though...Noah is a good guy, may try that instead.

"If I say it's safe to surf this beach, captain, then it's safe to surf this beach!"
 06/14/2018 02:03 PM

jeff kennedy

Joined Forum: 09/30/2004

Yes Todd was on the ASP. 2nd in the Coca Cola Classic. I also worked for Craig at RonJon's and their summer camp is hard to beat. If you can even get in. The spot is good and AYCE pizza for five bucks each day @ the Pizza Hut buffet. They'll learn ya!

www.happyponysurf.com
 06/15/2018 10:44 AM

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

If you are interested in teen camps in Costa Rica, I have been doing a lot of research for a client and know five of them in different price ranges. Many include community service hours and some have Spanish lessons. PM if you are interested.

http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf
 06/15/2018 05:55 PM

Tomtube

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

Hi, This is Tom Neilson, my son Noah has a camp every Summer and the kids have a super good time. He is just a natural at teaching them and getting them up and riding and having a good time. His classes are small and he has good rates for a morning only camp as it ends at noon. The beach there is all sand no rocks so is much safer then beaches South of Pineda, etc. Also in the Summer time the area of 2nd st. North has good sand bars that you can actually let you surf when it is Summer time small. (Surfed a couple of days this week there and had a blast long boarding) On the intermediate level or above and you want your son to really improve then hire a surf coach who well work with your son on a one on one basis and do some filming and covers the whole picture of cross training, stretching and contest skills, etc. ($50/$75 plus per hour if legit) Noah covers all the basics such as stretching, warming up, respect for the water and other surfers along with good safety skills. Just as importantly having fun at any age. If you want them to stay in the water and improve good solid basic skills then Noahs camp is a great choice. Neilson surf lessons 321-868-3800

Go to tomneilsonshapes.com for a fun website to check out. Created by none other than David Lawless the web site guru...
FORUMS : Surfing : Summer surf camp

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .