Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Founder's Cup
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/04/2018 04:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/07/2018 05:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

MyCatSprays

Joined Forum: 04/16/2015

Lame, Lame, Lame!! Boring, fucking Boring!! Like my 3 year old daughter used to say, "Same Same Daddy"!! That comp was lame and fodder and if KS can surf that well on his wittle bwoken foot, then why did he puss out at Snappers/Kirra and Bells?!?! Candy Ass Backyard Pussy!!! I can't wait until Jeffreys, "AGAIN". Mick got attacked by a Great White and went back; Don't be a "PUSSY" Jimmy Slade!!! All eyes on you kid, but, in my personal opinion, your contest was LAME!!!

-------------------------
Tubes, Boobs, & Doobs!!!
 05/07/2018 05:47 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

the WSL pros surf so flawlessly. they make it look too easy. They need to mix in some ESA and NSSA surfers to show just how difficult that wave can be.

I was right.
 05/07/2018 05:55 AM

MyCatSprays

Joined Forum: 04/16/2015

Fuck You Cole, seriously!!!

Tubes, Boobs, & Doobs!!!
 05/07/2018 06:07 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

"I wish they could slow the wave down a bit so they can do full turns consistently without getting left behind."

Shouldn't everybody have a remote to set the wave to match their floor routine?

And what about the music?  

KIDDING! ONLY KIDDING! (I'd love to ride it)

(here's to looking forward to the mixed pair wave dancing comp at next summer olympics)

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 05/07/2018 06:11 AM

harrietdubman

Joined Forum: 11/07/2015

hey cat piss, have you ever seriously broken the thing that connects you to the ground? well let me tell you— i did a little over two years ago and i almost feel normal again. thats after learning how to walk again and balling my eyes out just trying to shower and move throughout the day. but you must be hot shit right? oh wait nvm—hot piss...

sneedeker

05/07/2018 06:22 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

I'm sure it will be a hit for the masses watching on TV but I found it a little too much of a marketing gimmic. Each time a surfer did well the camera would pan back to the team tent and show all the other team members jumping up and down. Couldn't get use to that. I was hoping they could change the wave up a bit to make it more interesting but it was really the same thing over and over- although it was interesting watching the pros milk every ounce of potential out it. And what's with the tighty shorts? Couldn't watch it a second day. Who won?

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

05/07/2018 06:26 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: MyCatSprays

Lame, Lame, Lame!! Boring, fucking Boring!! Like my 3 year old daughter used to say, "Same Same Daddy"!! That comp was lame and fodder and if KS can surf that well on his wittle bwoken foot, then why did he puss out at Snappers/Kirra and Bells?!?! Candy Ass Backyard Pussy!!! I can't wait until Jeffreys, "AGAIN". Mick got attacked by a Great White and went back; Don't be a "PUSSY" Jimmy Slade!!! All eyes on you kid, but, in my personal opinion, your contest was LAME!!!

the dude famous for "smoking butts out of the ashtray" bashes the dude who owns his own wave pool........gotta love it!

Col you could rip your dirts or swats in the toob whats not to like?

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 05/07/2018 06:28 AM

chopola

Joined Forum: 09/04/2004

Video never does justice to the difficulty factor when it comes to wave quality and performance. I mean some of the mistakes those guys made were hard to watch. Parkos first two waves come to mind. When the paying public starts riding that wave there is going to be a lot of crying, wishing for a do overs. They will probably just soften it up for liability purposes.
 05/07/2018 06:30 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: MyCatSprays

Fuck You Cole, seriously!!!

You are a master in surf that size, maybe we can get you a heat and make it interesting by running you against one of the female up and comers?

KS, you out there? Let's do this!

I was right.
 05/07/2018 06:41 AM

chopola

Joined Forum: 09/04/2004

And Catpiss, whats lame and boring is you, crying over a squandered career. Have you ever thought that maybe the reason he bypassed Kirra and Bells, was so he wouldn't blow his opportunity to be a part of the what may go down as the crown jewel of his legacy. Its called planning and priority. Those are life management skills. Get over yourself.
 05/07/2018 06:42 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

I hope Slater will hop back on the tour now.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

05/07/2018 07:40 AM

Keveroonus

Joined Forum: 01/19/2007

Looks like a fun wave, but I thought it was incredibly boring to watch. I lasted about 10 minutes before I turned it off. I'm just glad it's over. The high level of hype and promotion for this event was pretty obnoxious in my opinion. Let's get back to the ocean please.
 05/07/2018 09:00 AM

bluestreak

Joined Forum: 03/30/2009

Stumbled on to a few replays on YouTube of Kelly and Fanning, etc. That wave is awesome, 45 seconds! I couldn't imagine. The crowd was stoked I heard, not as exciting as Nazure but pretty damn cool anyway.

05/07/2018 10:28 AM

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

Only two things I'd rather watch more than the contest, MyCatSprays surfing it along with some of the ESA, NSSA groms, and the replays of a few of the surfers. I just wish they filmed the whole event like they have with other ones where you can fast forward to the wave highlights like in the old Heat recap.

05/07/2018 10:38 AM

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

Originally posted by: dingpatch Who caught John John trying that in-the-tube El Rollo?

Did they record a replay?

05/07/2018 11:29 AM

GoneSurfin595

Joined Forum: 03/23/2004

There are replays in the WSL app. On the main page hit the toolbar on the upper left-hand side, then select 'watch'.
 05/07/2018 11:31 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Uncle Rico is back at it again.

So, so jealous of the king. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetically sad.
 05/07/2018 12:18 PM

bluestreak

Joined Forum: 03/30/2009

i apparently cannot add links; Is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAIIgNPr2yk

05/07/2018 02:33 PM

SurfCaster

Joined Forum: 02/02/2007

Just my opinion, but I thought it was kinda boring to watch as well. The sameness of the waves forces everyone to surf it the same way. Don't get me wrong, I bet it's a blast to surf, but a lot of the waves were ridden the same, particularly on the left. It was almost like a diving event or compulsory portion of ice skating or gymnastics competition. With the exception of falls there wasn't a lot to separate the performances. A big part of surfing is wave selection, and in this case that's a non-factor. The format for this contest made it a little more interesting, but the judges are going to have a tough time scoring heats for the tour event.

"If I say it's safe to surf this beach, captain, then it's safe to surf this beach!"

Edited: 05/07/2018 at 02:40 PM by SurfCaster
 05/07/2018 03:49 PM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

Saw highlights from social media feeds. And I agree with some of the posters above, that it looked like a big marketing gimmick. The WSL is going broke, and they've been changing their strategy to appeal more to the masses. Surfers can't sustain the industry, because we don't want to buy, watch, click... we want to go surfing.

I am not hating on Kelly too. This is a different chapter of his life, and if you have been following him closely you would have noticed it too. He wants to go big, and leave another mark that is outside of winning contests. Leading up to SurfRanch he had a bunch of pet projects, but this wavepool is the one that has the biggest potential to go worldwide.

FORUMS : Surfing : Founder's Cup

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .