Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hp longboard fins
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/14/2018 10:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/14/2018 10:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

larenyon

Joined Forum: 10/19/2009

If anyone has tried either, I'm trying to decide between the Futures Hatchet 2+1 set, or the Futures Taylor Jensen 2+1 set. I have an epoxy (not popout) 9'0" longboard. It leans towards hp, and would be what I'm looking to use the fins on. Thx for any help. 

03/14/2018 02:46 PM

Quadro

Joined Forum: 11/14/2017

I tried a hatchet when it came with some curved Future fins (CRV?) about ten years ago on a shortboard.  Felt odd but it could have been the combination.  I've used lots of cutaways and like them but you do lose some smoothness/drive.  The V2 fins add lots of lift and drive.

My current 9'0" epoxy HP longboard combo is 3.7" side bites with a 5.45" True Ammes Performer.  Smooth, loose and I can still do a cheater five.

Check out True Ames fins, they have some really nice fins.

03/15/2018 05:34 AM

Kinwesurfnow

Joined Forum: 09/30/2003

I bought (took as partial payment on a trade, actually) and sold back to him, a friend's Byrne popout, which had a 9" carbon fiber look hatchet that was sweet. He didn't know where he got it or what board it came with, possibly a Surftech. I would like to have one in my quiver. An acceptable alternative for me (has been for years), is a LB Haus labeled, True Ames, I believe, 9" squirrel nut cutaway, ridden as a single fin on an hpish 10': slide it forward/backward to make it looser/tighter till you find the sweet spot.

-------------------------
There's no surf on Wall Street!
One man's loss is another man's gold...Operating principal behind Wall Street, and sadly, to a large extent, America
 03/15/2018 05:35 AM

Kinwesurfnow

Joined Forum: 09/30/2003

Can you post a link for said fin?

-------------------------
There's no surf on Wall Street!
One man's loss is another man's gold...Operating principal behind Wall Street, and sadly, to a large extent, America
FORUMS : Surfing : Hp longboard fins

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .