Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Jet Blue's New "One Board per Bag" Policy?
Topic Summary: Are they really enforcing this?
Created On: 12/05/2017 09:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2017 09:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SirenWilliams

Joined Forum: 08/31/2014

I checked the baggage fees on surfboards with Jet Blue, as it's been a few years since I've flown to Puerto Rico with them, and the website is saying "one board per case". Last time I flew with them, I had 2-3 boards in my bag, and the lady didn't even look and charged for one board. Once I was at the gate, our party was called up to pay for the additional surfboards, as someone along the way HAD opened the bag. We payed, and everything was ok. But the way this is sounding, it's NOT ok to have more than one board in the bag at all! I can't afford to get to the airport and have to leave a surfboard behind (Because seriously, where do you put a longbaord in the airport? Naaa, they're gonna keep it.), and I don't want to carry down 4 surfboard bags. 

Has anyone flown down with them in the last year? And how did it go?

Surfboard(Domestic) $50 One surfboard per case; except items weighing more than one hundred pounds (100 lbs) will not be accepted as checked baggage. We recommend that surfboards travel in a hard-sided (rather than soft-sided) case to prevent damage. Additional information about flying with surfboards.
Surfboard (International) $50

International surfboard policy same as domestic; Not accepted to/from Bermuda, Haiti, Peru, Port of Spain, Santo Domingo and Santiago.

12/05/2017 09:34 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Thats how Jet Blue has always been at least from my experience.

12/05/2017 09:44 AM

SirenWilliams

Joined Forum: 08/31/2014

Maybe as far as pricing goes, but they allowed me to have more than one board in the bag before. Last time I was there was 2009 or 2010 though. There was never a rule about 1 board per bag.

12/05/2017 10:41 AM

gatorsurf92

Joined Forum: 01/31/2017

I flew to California w/ them in August. I did some research and made calls beforehand and found out that you can have more than one board in a bag but they'll charge you $50 for the second board (I don't know about a potential third board). But if you pack the boards a little sneakily and are nice to the lady at the check in counter you shouldn't have to pay more than the $50 bag fee and $25 checked bag fee so $75 total each way. Have fun!

-------------------------
"Grip it and rip it"
 12/05/2017 10:52 AM

ILM

Joined Forum: 04/08/2011

Same as it has always been.     You pack more than one in bag and they open it, you pay for  x # of boards.  

Sometimes you get lucky sometimes you pay.   

12/05/2017 11:29 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: SirenWilliams Maybe as far as pricing goes, but they allowed me to have more than one board in the bag before. Last time I was there was 2009 or 2010 though. There was never a rule about 1 board per bag.

Lady luck ...........is often fickle

It is known.

12/05/2017 06:03 PM

Tiptime

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Expect to pay full price, if you get away with only being charged for one board when you have 2 or 3 that's just more money for cold Medalla's last March I charge $50.00 for two boards coming and going from MCO to BQN to MCO.

-------------------------
The Wavecaster
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .