Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Wall Str. Exec killed by Tiger Shark in Costa
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/04/2017 02:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/04/2017 02:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

MyCatSprays

Joined Forum: 04/16/2015

Dont know how to cut/paste, but chick from NY killed by massive Tiger Shark diving with a group of the Coco Islands off of Costa. Dive Instructor bit as well, but survives! I'm sure someone here can post it!!! Gnarly though, and God Bless Her Family!

-------------------------
Tubes, Boobs, & Doobs!!!
 12/04/2017 03:36 AM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

12/04/2017 09:31 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Random and tragic. Damn.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/05/2017 05:45 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Those waters are alive with all sorts of biting critter. Back last century, I was surfing Tulin Rivermouth with 1 other guy for as far as one could see. We were both going for the wave of the day when a flying fish come out of the water. Right behind, a giant baracuda follows, snapping it's jaws as fast as the fish was flapping it's fin/wings. they both went between us. The flying fish blasted out the top of the wave, the barracuda disappeared in the wave, and we both got pitch while laughing hysterically.
 12/06/2017 08:06 AM

coolchange

Joined Forum: 08/28/2011

Man that is so sad. The link did not work so I googled it. It looks like they were diving in a marine sanctuary, and also no mention of spearfishing. This all leads to me to believe my first hunch was incorrect, as a Tiger will not randomly attack like most sharks unless given a reason. This was a female diver. My only theory here is that there was traces of blood in the water, just a very good reason why female divers should avoid diving in areas that have large sharks or any sharks during that time. I may be completely incorrect here, but that's what it sounds like as there were certainly other divers in the area that were not attacked except for the instructor that was trying to fend it off. Sad story indeed, but mother nature was just doing what comes naturally most likely.

12/06/2017 10:21 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

OR, the radiation from Fukushima is messing the marine life up.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .