Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Thoughts on why "The Art of Riding Waves" is so addictive...
Topic Summary: Written by a Brevard County Florida high school student
Created On: 11/14/2017 10:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/14/2017 10:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

rawsurf

Joined Forum: 08/15/2017

11/15/2017 10:14 PM

Cameronsh3arer

Joined Forum: 02/19/2017

Hell yeah, Natty! It's true, surfing heals. The only thing I despise about surfing is the negative, stoner, bum, and fried brain stereotypes. It really rubs off on my family wrong and they assume all surfers are of the sort. You know how when you think about some previous classes in school you disliked, you always remember that one very annoying kid that always talked? Sure, not everyone in that class was annoying, but you still remember that one person spoiling it. That's like non-surfers to surfers. My parents only see the obnoxious surfers who sit on the boardwalks and cause any stir they can, and then my parents immediately assume that's how all surfers are. I've met brilliant people who surf, but its a shame those stereotypical crazies that bottleneck the beach access leave such a bad taste on the general public. But who knows, maybe thats a good thing for our sport? Maybe our outcast looks are protecting the sport?

-------------------------
Cameron Shearer
 11/15/2017 10:37 PM

MyCatSprays

Joined Forum: 04/16/2015

Fuck Cam, you just pigeon holed surfing and ripped it's root right outta its sphincter! When did you start surfing? Me, 1972 at 3 years of age, and I've gone thru all of the stereotypes and genres!! You cant have one without the other!!! It was long haired stoners and balls out outcasts that created this sport! I'm not in favor of boardwalk trolls with no respect for others, but our new surf genre has no etiquette and no respect for the history of our sport/lifestyle!! I'm beyond polite until the situation presents itself to not be, but, I respect my Legends and the shit they went thru to get us where we are today!!! You probably dont know dick about surfing history, but, there'd be no Kelly Slater nor JJF, if not for Dora, Noll, and none here without Catri, Valuzzi, nor Balzerak; None of which were politically correct "Saints"! And dont even get me started about Lopez, Crawford, nor Fast Eddie Rothman!! Straight up, ass kicking, drug smuggling thugs back in their day!!! Surfing is a love, a lifestyle, and a rush, but it's never been flipped collar nor cotton candy!!! KS11 and Bob Hurley would love to sell you $150 trunks and sell you on the premise its a wholesome, family sport, and it is for some, but that's just a narrow genre created by media and profit!!! Put in a whole perspective and be open minded and you'll see surfing takes and needs all types!!! To prove my point; I'm absolutely positive that SurfLizard double 0 Zero will stroke your ego, bolster your post, and make up some haneous story about me when I've got more surfing knowledge and clout than he could buy with his AMEX Blackcard at Ron Jon's!!!

Tubes, Boobs, & Doobs!!!

Edited: 11/15/2017 at 11:47 PM by MyCatSprays
 11/16/2017 09:18 PM

slideaway

Joined Forum: 12/22/2008

truth

"It's always better than it looks from the crossover."

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .