Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Board Suggestion?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/10/2017 08:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/10/2017 08:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Tweaker

Joined Forum: 10/04/2004

How's it going, I recently came back to surfing after many years off.. A few months back i got a Helium 5'5 Baked Potato its been really fun however with winter approaching I'm thinking of getting another Firewire that might be better in chest-head and punchier waves.. Torn between like Spitfire or a Dom, maybe something else.. Possb 5'8/5'10 hmm. The gamma looks cool but im thinking it may be a bit too much performancy. im 5'10, 160, almost 35 years old.

-------------------------
I'd rather be surfing.
 11/10/2017 01:02 PM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

LOL you live in Fla buy a longboard old man! j/k

On a serious note dont be one of those guys with a firewire... please buy any board but that!

11/10/2017 01:34 PM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

You lost me at Firewire.

But Longboard House has a large selection of them.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

Edited: 11/10/2017 at 02:14 PM by daner
 11/13/2017 09:49 AM

vtecmonster

Joined Forum: 10/02/2007

Originally posted by: Tweaker How's it going, I recently came back to surfing after many years off.. A few months back i got a Helium 5'5 Baked Potato its been really fun however with winter approaching I'm thinking of getting another Firewire that might be better in chest-head and punchier waves.. Torn between like Spitfire or a Dom, maybe something else.. Possb 5'8/5'10 hmm. The gamma looks cool but im thinking it may be a bit too much performancy. im 5'10, 160, almost 35 years old.

I would ask the guys on the FireWire forum. This forum has lots of local industry people that are making products that compete against FireWire boards. Any post that are not about local boards on 2ndlight.com usually get heckled. 

For the record, I have had (and do have) many local boards. We definitely have some wonderful local shapers in central Florida that make insane boards. ....but ultimately buy the board you like. 

11/14/2017 07:03 PM

Illgetoutnextwave

Joined Forum: 02/19/2016

I would skip the made in Asia expensive crap and go with someone local like Ricky Carrol or Tom Nielson, or any of the  other great local shapers.  If you want to go used www.anotherride.com.  You haven't been surfing much, so foam is your friend.  Maybe a nice fish to get you into waves easier.

11/14/2017 07:16 PM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

Anybody own any Surf-Station brand boards from the St. Augustine shop? I know they are probably factory made, but I have an opportunity to buy one. How durable are they?

It's just going to be a board stored at my parent's house in Jax, and I'll use it whenever I visit them.

11/14/2017 08:46 PM

surfmcc32

Joined Forum: 11/11/2009

Orlando Craigslist is pretty good for finding barely used lost's and Merriks, I'll never pay full price for another one while living in brevard but they really are quality boards.

11/16/2017 09:59 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: seaspray Anybody own any Surf-Station brand boards from the St. Augustine shop? I know they are probably factory made, but I have an opportunity to buy one. How durable are they?

It's just going to be a board stored at my parent's house in Jax, and I'll use it whenever I visit them.

2 tiers of quality......  yes, the cheaper ones are "factory" boards.... from faraway lands  but for the price they're actually not bad (the dredger, and fro-back) if you dont mind that sort of thing

They also have regional / local shapers make some for them sometimes.... and theyre usually priced accordingly

11/16/2017 01:04 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

thick and wide are fun to ride! if your friends make fun of you-they just jealous lol

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
FORUMS : Surfing : Board Suggestion?

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .