Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Mondo Monday DP Report
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/09/2017 06:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/09/2017 06:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

A just really fun dp sess with my son this morning before he headed back to Gainesville for school. Super glass, waist plus plus with some juice. Warm clear water and tons of bait. I think a mullet sucked on my calf.

-------------------------
Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

10/09/2017 08:23 AM

Kimo63

Joined Forum: 04/22/2012

Great to spend a few golden moments with the children , it doesn't last long enough . Go Gators
 10/09/2017 09:13 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

You aren't lying about bait in the water. Yesterday I could hardly take a stroke without hitting some fish or another. Made me a touch nervous.

I :heart; Q
 10/09/2017 09:51 AM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

Originally posted by: daner A just really fun dp sess with my son this morning before he headed back to Gainesville for school.

!

ola ~

10/09/2017 11:21 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Many years ago ( '72) I paddled out in similar conditions. Bang on the lower left calf. Huge adrenaline rush, windmilled it to the beach. A large dosage of red hitting the beach. Put the towel around it and hauled ass to Cape Canaveral Hospital/ walked up the steps to the emergency room. Leaving a trail of red me.

Nurse at the desks says How can I help you? I take off the towel and she says: " oh shit another one."

Doc takes a look. Mumbles a lot. A nurse comes in and starts washing it down with iodine. Doc comes back in poking and prodding. Latter another Doc comes in taking a look. Both Docs say that they don't see how to stitch it. So they clean it out again, put gauze all over and tape it up. They tell me to keep it elevated and don't get it wet. They also tell me to come back in 3 days. As I'm sitting there in the emergency room getting ready to leave, the front desk nurse comes up to me and says that there is someone there from Cocoa Today who wants to talk to me. She also says if I don't want to talk to them I can go out a side door. ( Out the side door I go )

I go back and the damn thing is infected. Now its chemical wash of some kind every day. About 2 weeks latter starts to heal and scab. I was out of the water a month. Pretty timid about going out for quite awhile.

Even today I'm pretty nervous with that much bait in the water.

( notice I did not say it was a shark , most likely but not sure, lots of other critters out there also. )

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .