Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Big thanks to the Seagull beach local crew
Topic Summary: good looking out 9-12-17 Tuesday afternoon
Created On: 09/19/2017 09:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/19/2017 09:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

JCDetailing

Joined Forum: 06/28/2015

I smashed  my face pretty bad going under a wave on the inside last Tuesday evening. I was paddling to make it under the lip and my hand hit bottom so I ditched my board out the back and attempted to dive under but it picked me up and slammed my head and face into a partially exposed rock. My face was pulp and I couldn't tell how bad it was, but there was so much blood I knew I was in trouble. The local guys on the boardwalk told me to put a towel on it and don't look at it (shoulda listened ). They made sure I was ok to drive and made a plan to get me to the closest place for help which was the firestation around the corner. I ended up driving myself to Holmes after signing a few waivers . I just wanted know if any of the guys that helped me are on this forum so I  can thank them. I almost always surf alone so it's a good feeling when perfect strangers have my back in a sketchy situation. Good looking out!

Jeff

09/19/2017 09:20 AM

JCDetailing

Selfie for the wifey

09/19/2017 09:42 AM

Ragga P

Joined Forum: 03/14/2006

Yeah man, that was heavy! I had just gotten out after your incident and they filled me in on the whole gory situation that had just gone down with you. It was Dennis V. and Clint D. that tried to help you get where you needed to go. I'm not sure they visit this forum, but I will share your gratitude with them. That day was no joke and I know that I got out after a handful of psycho drops into triple up death sections on the inside, just so I didn't push my luck. Felt like Rocky Rights had come to Sat Beach!

-------------------------
 photo IMG_3156.jpg
 09/19/2017 10:20 AM

JCDetailing

I've been surfing that stretch of beach since the early 90s and this is my first trip to the ER for a surfing related injury . Perkins was my home break when I lived on E Arlington in Jr high and high school so I'm aware of the rocks and know to be cautious.  I was literally in the ocean for 30 seconds total that day. Never let your gaurd down and respect the power of nature.

09/19/2017 12:22 PM

Ragga P

Joined Forum: 03/14/2006

Defo... all the best on your recovery!

photo IMG_3156.jpg
 09/19/2017 12:39 PM

filo

Joined Forum: 08/05/2007

Glad  your ok.  We used to call that place Smileys - gas station across from Seagull had  big ol smiley sign.   Usually went upto Perkins though, but smiley was good too - just recall it being shallow.  Across from perkins - was Handy Way - with older Dude Harold in there - used to give us hard time. hahaha

09/19/2017 03:16 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I have made a couple of trips to the ER for facial injuries myself, but for impromptu face-board interactions. The rocks seem to only have designs on my legs and feet so far. The good docs will have you looking as handsome as ever. But, yes, fellow surfers are usually very quick to help out in times of need. They look out for their own and others in the water. I hope you heal quickly and get back into the water soon.

I :heart; Q
 09/21/2017 01:32 PM

oldsufr3

Joined Forum: 08/10/2003

My fin I took a dime size chunk out of my shin last weekend. Cool story, I had my sunglasses on and tripped inside the hotel room.

Need more water time. Plenty of time left to make $$
 09/21/2017 02:28 PM

onegoodturn

Joined Forum: 10/27/2013

Been out of the water for almost three weeks after sending my teeth through my lip with help from my rail. still have a stich on the inside that has yet to disolve water is pretty funky and rather not chance it. ha, you can always tell how bad it is by others reactions, besides all the blood. had staples in the dome  from a fin 5 years back. also awesome.

09/22/2017 10:43 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

WOOOOOOOOOF

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .