Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: MCO-San Diego $50, Frontier, late Aug
Topic Summary: +$30 or more for a carry-on.
Created On: 08/13/2017 03:33 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/13/2017 03:33 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Quite nutty.  That's with no bag at all. Carry-on starts at $30. See if this  works.   Hotel availabilities seem limited (Google Maps)

Edited: 08/13/2017 at 03:54 PM by ww
 08/13/2017 05:21 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

I think you need to sign up for their membership first to get that. I just took Alaska Airlines MCO-SAN out last week, and Frontier's redeye back. Cheap enough, even after adding a few bags and exit seat upgrade to the deal.

It was Frontier's redeye back to MCO, and their exit row seats would not recline. I spent the savings on sleep aids, a chiropractor and massage therapist.

But hotels exist once you get out of SD proper, into north SD County, etc...
 08/14/2017 01:06 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

That particular fare is not membership, surprisingly.  I was looking around at fares because a Sept. trip to Portland was starting to look too expensive--great air fare but I need to figure out how to get into the countryside to make it affordable.  Of course the whole thing's likely to be cancelled due to hurricane season.

08/15/2017 03:51 PM

surfnole

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

For long flights, pay for the "Works" on Frontier that gives you one checked bag, a carry on, seat selection and the ability to change flights with no cost. It's probably only 40 more than bringing a checked bag. You can select row 2 which has great stretch seating and reclines. Row one has a bulkhead and you can't stretch your feet. Row three has somebody right behind you and you feel bad about reclining. I came back from Denver last night on the redeye. I paid 70 each way on top of my cheap fair. My fare almost equaled Southwest. However, unlike Southwest, I got a great seat and nobody was even sitting in my row. I can sit in back on Frontier going to Atlanta, but not Denver. For a weekend in Atlanta, I am willing to pay $79, bring a small backpack and sit anywhere. For Denver, I also joined the DENdeals since it was cheaper than the base airfare and I fly several times per year.
 08/15/2017 03:53 PM

surfnole

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Originally posted by: RegularJoe I think you need to sign up for their membership first to get that. I just took Alaska Airlines MCO-SAN out last week, and Frontier's redeye back. Cheap enough, even after adding a few bags and exit seat upgrade to the deal. It was Frontier's redeye back to MCO, and their exit row seats would not recline. I spent the savings on sleep aids, a chiropractor and massage therapist. But hotels exist once you get out of SD proper, into north SD County, etc...
Exit row seats don't recline on any airline if they would recline into another exit row. Pick the back exit row and it will recline.
 08/15/2017 04:42 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

I did, specifically for that reason. Frontier is an unfortunate exception.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .