Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Board Review Request
Topic Summary: Slater Sci Fi
Created On: 08/11/2017 07:32 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/17/2017 08:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Tiptime

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: IMAKEWK well Mole knows best

all im saying is bring it next time you go to PR

It went twice last season, can't wait to get the Go Fish on a nice Wildo's wall

-------------------------
The Wavecaster
 08/19/2017 02:42 PM

satbch

Joined Forum: 09/19/2006

I have 5'9" Sci Fi with standard dimensions which I bought used for $400. I couldn't see paying so much for a new one without trying it out first. I've been riding it almost exclusively for the last 10 months.

The board rides quite well in almost all conditions I've ridden it in. It generates speed without much effort yet holds a rail on a turn better than any standard short board I've ridden. Prior to riding the Sci Fi it had been years since I'd done a proper roundhouse in which I maintained enough speed through the entire turn to actually hit the wave on the wraparound instead of just putting the board up there and letting the whitewash push me back.

My first few sessions I rode it as a tri and really loved the way it handled. I'm not sure it it is the channels or the tail but the way the tails releases on a top turn is very unique. The fins can be easily disengaged with subtle forward pressure. On other boards I find I either slide out of control or come back down without any tail slide. I threw on some quad fins on a day that had some barrels and was really pleased to how the board seemed to favor the quad set up. The speed and drive increases dramatically yet still maintains the other characteristics I experienced riding as it a tri fin. Since then I only ride it as a tri if I want to slow down a bit for more flat faced waves (rolling point breaks).

The board has worn incredibly well. I destroy boards, especially the deck. My Sci Fi still looks great.

I would buy this exact board again even new at full price.

Edited: 08/20/2017 at 08:53 AM by satbch
 08/21/2017 08:14 AM

satbch

Joined Forum: 09/19/2006

Forgot to add to the above post/review. I'm currently 185 pounds 6'2" and usually ride a board with about min-max of 28-30 liters of volume depending on my weight which usually fluctuates between 178-190 depending on Twinkie consumption.
FORUMS : Surfing : Board Review Request

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .