Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Anyone been to Puerto Escondido Lately?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/24/2017 08:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/24/2017 08:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Looking to go soon before I get too old.  Seems like Delta or United MCO- ATL or HOU through Mexico City then change plane to PMX.  Has anyone been this year and would like to recommned a nice/low budget place to stay?

I have heard they have many good Pintails to rent for about $50 week...Anyone been recently to confirm this?  Would rather not bring a board, just a bunch of thick leashes....any recent input would be great

two travellers going...one charges the other may not be up to the main peak, so I guess some time will be spent at the point.

ARTZ ... any chance ou can PM me details about the Lower's like spot to the N?, I'll keep it under wraps , need someplace for the wifey to surf w/o drowning..In return I'll share a spot up Ventura way, unknown left, friendly neighborhood locals a spot under the regular surfer's radar, usuallly over-looked (possible you have been there before).

thx in advance..

Edited: 07/24/2017 at 10:33 AM by SurferMic
 07/24/2017 09:46 AM

gbigsurf1

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I think Lagooner has, PM him

-------------------------
Surf Hard Live Long. Peace Out
 07/24/2017 09:58 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

I got a 7-6 I'll sell ya 

but it looks like you're in CA?

07/24/2017 05:14 PM

Long Beard

Joined Forum: 05/13/2007

I was just there for a month for my 7th and most likely last trip to Puerto. Interjet is the best airline. Boards fly free and you'll have a short layover in Mex City. You'll have to fly out of MIA though. Hotel Ines is the best and safest place to stay plus its right in front of the main break. Puerto is no joke. I've been living on the North Shore for the last 8 years and have been to Indo, Tahiti, all over the Carib, Mex and Central America and Puerto is still one of the heavier places I've been too. You'll need big beefy boards. 7'0 at the very least, even when its only head high. Unfortunately at that size and any smaller the place is just a suck up close out. needs to be 8ft+ faces to hold up. The place is very crowded these days and everyone is riding boards in the 8-10ft range no matter the size. It's nuts but the only way to get in early and get one. I would say 60% of the waves are closeouts. If you manage to get a proper one, it can be the wave of your life. Check it out for sure but I'd highly recommend heading down to Salina Cruz or some of the other points. Pasquale is another great option. Same as Puerto, if not better. Way less crowded and is super fun when its smaller. Puerto is a much better place for when you're not surfing. Super cool little town with shopping, food, yoga and more for the wifey. Bring mosquito repellent. Dengue was pretty common but mostly with people coming up from a Salina Cruz strike mission.
Feel free to DM if you have any questions.

R I P Mama G.

@Salt.And.Savagery.Fishing

@Laserwolf.Laserwolf
 07/26/2017 07:23 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Thanks for the info Long Beard, I've been a regular at a certain NS campsite near the Glider-Port although I have missed the last winter.  I'll PM you with a few questions if ya don't mind, mostly board rental qustions, I always had decent luck at Tropical Rush, hoping it is the same situ. in Puerto, thinking late August.

Edited: 07/26/2017 at 07:32 AM by SurferMic
 07/26/2017 02:31 PM

Plan B

It's a strong solid board..... I've gone over the falls on lots of big waves (Even hit it with my head (You really do see purple stars like they do in the cartoons) and it's still in one piece 

Did I mention I'll sell it cheap?

Longbeard, tell Uncle Butch I said hello when you go back!

07/26/2017 07:11 PM

Burry

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

WHERE is Beanrat when you need him????

Kalik smiley face....

BurrysBreak

Inflation caused The BIG BANG...look it up!
 07/27/2017 05:34 AM

Long Beard

Plan B- Rocky Point Uncle Butch or Sunset Uncle Butch? : )

R I P Mama G.

@Laserwolf.Laserwolf
 07/27/2017 08:27 AM

artz

Joined Forum: 10/30/2014

OK,here is the top secret spot north of lowers, keep this on the QT its called Uppers! Yes it is a very clever name. Then you have Cotten point. Never surfed much nothing of that. Some at Salt Creek.  New Port, Hunington and the other places that are all very well known are also very packed. If a good south or south west swell is running. I would head south to Baja. When a good South was running I would work my ass off on the Weekend then do a mid week run.          Have fun in Puerto. Even in my prime. I wouldn't even think about going out. Lots of quality surf north and south of Puerto Escondido. 

07/27/2017 09:40 AM

Plan B

Sunset Uncle Butch P.

Although I'm not sure how much he's surfing there these days 

07/27/2017 12:39 PM

Long Beard

The guy is a regular and still charging out there. Even after open heart surgery!! Good peeps!!

R I P Mama G.

@Laserwolf.Laserwolf
 07/28/2017 06:27 AM

Plan B

YEEWWWW.  That's awesome.  He's my hero.

I didnt make it out this winter (d@mn hurricane ) but the previous winter he wasnt feeling it.

"When I grow up I wanna be like Butch!" 

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .