Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: St. Joseph Bay Surf (panhandle)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/19/2017 07:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/19/2017 07:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

mikez

Joined Forum: 06/05/2007

So just looking at the wave forecast for this week, it looks like the panhandle's going to get good surf. Has anyone here ever surfed this Port St. Joe/Apalachicola area? Just southeast of Panama City, it looks like it sets up perfectly for winds if a storm's heading N/NW. Just curious, never had the opportunity to surf the panhandle.
 06/19/2017 08:14 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I surfed in Destin one summer many years ago. Everyone was wearing wetsuits. I thought they were kooks at first. The swell was from a hurricane and it was coming in lined up and fun. The stinging jellies were not that bad at first. After a half hour, I couldn't take it anymore. The wave itself was clean and lined up. The coast has a lot of curves, bends, inlets and jetties. There was no shortage of places but the most crowded places were inlets. The level of talent was very good. I had to check my condescension once I borrowed the lifeguards board and he paddled out with me and rode the wave like a pro. Lots of guys on what looked like very wide short boards killing it. They were very cordial to outsiders who did not drop in on them and they were stoked for the swell.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/19/2017 08:49 AM

surfmcc32

Joined Forum: 11/11/2009

It'll be a zoo but that little spot out on cape San blas should be holding some pretty damn good surf tomorrow. Worth the 6+ hour drive? Looks like it to me..as someone who has Tuesday and Wednesday off from work.

Edited: 06/19/2017 at 11:27 AM by surfmcc32
 06/19/2017 11:25 AM

surferclimber

Joined Forum: 01/23/2011

Originally posted by: surfmcc32 It'll be a zoo but that little spot out on cape San blas should be holding some pretty damn good surf tomorrow. Worth the 6+ hour drive? Looks like it to me..as someone who has Tuesday and Wednesday off from work.

Yeah it'll be busy but on that one road by that one country park it is all resedintal with little to no public parking so I'm theory if you just keep walking further down that road....

-------------------------

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

06/19/2017 02:44 PM

mikez

Joined Forum: 06/05/2007

If I had the time, i would absolutely go. Good for you...
 06/22/2017 11:38 AM

oipaul

Joined Forum: 12/06/2004

from tuesday: panhandle point
 06/22/2017 12:08 PM

tubeTime

Joined Forum: 10/16/2003

Where is everybody? I can't find it online anymore but have you ever seen the vid of CJ getting an 8 second barrel up there? I've got to get up there next time.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .