Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Neilson Blunt Board Repair Question
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/27/2017 02:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/27/2017 02:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

pumphouse

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

So I always have my neighbor do my board repairs, he does great work. But I gave him my 7 ft Neilson Blunt to repair and he said he would not do it as it was Epoxy and I need clear expoxy resin to fix it.

He is pretty old school, and said he couldn't believe the board did not have a stringer, and he would just put the board on the rafters as it will most likely break again with no stringer.

I bought the board used with one repair already across the top. That repair has held well, but the board took a pretty small wave right across the widest part of the board and now the bottom is creased all the way across.

Any recommendations? I do not want to spend a fortune on it just for a repair.

Most all of my boards are regular foam blanks so this is pretty new to me.

thanks

-------------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
 05/28/2017 02:32 AM

surfguysmb

Joined Forum: 02/15/2010

I fix this type of stuff pretty regularly. Give me a call at 321-956-3268 and I'll get it done real well and real fast for you. Surfguy

05/29/2017 08:07 AM

pumphouse

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

thanks but I am in Palm Beach County

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it." - George Bernard Shaw
 05/29/2017 10:04 AM

artz

Joined Forum: 10/30/2014

That does not sound good one repair across that top and now a crease in the bottom.  it seems to me that the eps foam has become to weak support the glass. The blank might look OK but inside the core it is damaged.  Not sure if fixing the crease will do any good. 

05/29/2017 11:16 AM

surfguysmb

Joined Forum: 02/15/2010

Originally posted by: artz That does not sound good one repair across that top and now a crease in the bottom.  it seems to me that the eps foam has become to weak support the glass. The blank might look OK but inside the core it is damaged.  Not sure if fixing the crease will do any good. 

I beg to differ on the strucural integrity of the foam unless severly wet which can and will dry out, and be repairable. 
Call Don Reid from Seareid Surfboards in Deerfield and he can help you with this. His number is 954-254-8354 and tell him the Surfguy sent you. He'll fix it real well, just like me. Cheers!

05/29/2017 12:05 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The repair isn't any different than a broken board with a stringer. It's a non issue for a skilled repair person. Though this day and age, the cost might be more than you care to pay.

I was right.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .