Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Can you cut the legs on a full suit?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/25/2017 03:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/25/2017 03:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Shane

Joined Forum: 05/22/2007

Bought a new 2m full suit cheap The calves fill with water. Want to wear it like a spring suit with. Long sleeves
 04/25/2017 07:01 PM

SoHiGH

Joined Forum: 07/10/2015

Only works with a brazilian cut on a big round juicy apple bottom. If you're making it for a girl that fits then go for it and consider a few snips in the chest area for additional drainage too... Puff puff, pass

-------------------------
 04/25/2017 07:05 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Sure, just make sure to cut it long, then work your way up till you get it where you want.

I did one too short an basically ended up with what our resident Spicolli is describing.

I was right.
 04/26/2017 04:06 AM

dropsolo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Usually the ankles and wrists are made to be a little tighter to seal off the water from coming in and going out. Cutting that might affect that benefit of the suit especially if your thighs don't fill the legs as well. I'd say you're better off trying to sell used. Cut your losses and get something that fits properly.

Plus wetsuit season is over

I type on fone 99% of time. Let the typos slyde. Thanks
 04/26/2017 04:54 AM

wut1jc

Joined Forum: 08/20/2012

Sure you can. I made an old full into a spring and its works just fine. I made a LS Top into a vest the other day. One of the sleeves was jacked. Been doing it over 31 years. In the old days you may have had a water flow problem. The neoprene in much tighter and flexible than back in the day. Like someone else said, just dont make the legs too short or it turns into a chick suit.

At Wave Masters we go surfing! Not camping!

04/26/2017 06:10 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

dropsolo is right. the cuffs have a different edge so they don't let water in a AND don't roll up. If you cut the legs you'll probably have the suit rolling up on you. I cut the sleeves on an old full suit to make short sleeves and they roll up. An inconvenience but not horrible.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

04/26/2017 09:53 AM

Glassy Peelerz

Joined Forum: 12/30/2004

You can cut & sew darts in the bottom of the cut off portions of the legs to make them fit tighter (ie, cut out a triangle-shaped sliver of material and sew the edges together). I've done that with fullsuits & it works.
 04/26/2017 11:39 AM

Joined Forum: 01/26/2005

Sure, they do it all the time in Gainesville.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
 05/06/2017 06:09 PM

TOTVSTVVSIESUPERMARIA

Joined Forum: 12/16/2010

I have on old wetsuit I cut both leg sections off right below the knee pad. You still have the padding on your knees, but it's easier to put on / take off. Worked great when I used it. My newer higher end Hurley does that water leg balloon thing. I only realize or notice this when I come to shore. Never noticed it while on a wave. Might be that it happens when standing vertically in the water as I'm coming out  in the shorebreak. 

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .