Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Does West End, Grand Bahama Island Pickup the North Swells That Palm Beach Gets?
Topic Summary: I have wondered this for years
Created On: 03/29/2017 09:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/29/2017 09:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Lounge-A-Rama

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I remember in the early 70's a friend's Mom showed us some old Super 8 home movies of them staying in Grand Bahama and in a couple sequences there were nice groundswells peeling off. I don't remember where they stayed or if I even asked. I can't imagine West End NOT getting good, especially during times of refraction swell. Anyone know? Seen it, experienced it, seen proof? Thanks Map

-------------------------
Life is a garden*Dig it!

Edited: 03/29/2017 at 09:55 AM by Lounge-A-Rama
 03/29/2017 10:39 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

no surfing waves there...snorkeling is great but forget the surfing.

03/29/2017 10:41 AM

LaJune

Joined Forum: 10/04/2015

I've been going to West End for 25 years for a couple weeks in July and it's been flat as a pancake every time.  There's got to be waves in Bahamas somewhere but it certainly isn't West End.

Heavy is sign of reliability
 03/29/2017 11:35 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Rockybay.com

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/29/2017 12:03 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I thought the same about bermuda, although it gets waves I have yet to see it as good as I would hope

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 03/29/2017 01:27 PM

Lounge-A-Rama

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I know it's flat most of the time I mean only when there's 8-10 foot North Swells in the Gulfstream and only talking about West End. Why wouldn't the same North Swell that can be several feet overhead in PBC, at a road that rhymes with Reef not wrap around West End? I'm from South Florida but lived in the Bahamas for 3 years in the 70's and have stayed in the Bahamas traveling via mailboat several times adding up to several months over the years. I can tell you that you wouldn't believe the number of islands and breaks that have waves that otherwise just from looking at the map or even the charts you would swear couldn't possibly break due to other islands in the way and blocking the swell but do because of wrap, reflection, and refraction. Also, like I said I've seen footage from my friend's Mom from the times they would go over to Grand Bahama by boat and stay at a small hotel and there were nice groundswells peeling off.

Life is a garden*Dig it!

Edited: 03/30/2017 at 04:53 AM by Lounge-A-Rama
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .