Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Older Surfer Needs a Surf Tune-Up!
Topic Summary: Where to Go to Regain My Mojo! I Need Your Input!
Created On: 03/17/2017 08:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/17/2017 08:51 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

soulsurfer333

Joined Forum: 10/19/2013

Hi. I'm a retired Surfer in the Cocoa Beach area that has surfed all his life. But I find that as I get older, the somewhat inconsistent surf in the area doesn't help me to keep what edge I still have.

I need to spend a week or two in a location that offers intermediate waves that I can practice on day after day for at least a solid week. I'd prefer a Spanish-speaking country like Costa Rica or Mexico, but it can be anywhere that's not overly crowed, has warm water and waves that aren't too over-powering (which would defeat the purpose of going).

So I really need suggestions from those of you that can speak from experience. It can be a general area, a pre-paid, organized surf trip, a surf camp or simply a nice place that has decent local accomodations. Any comments that you can provide are greatly appreciated. I love surfing, still have some juice left and want to utilize it while I still can. Many thanks!

Jeff Clark

jeffkingclark@yahoo.com

03/17/2017 08:54 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Cabinas Las Olas at Avellanas in CR for a no frills set up where you can just chill and score beachbreak and barrels.

Popoyo Lodge in Nica for a great set of frills and they will get you on the surf that matches what you want. 

Go now for all of us that can't at the moment!

03/18/2017 02:20 PM

Noworries

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

The Jeff Clark??!! Mavericks got too easy?
 03/18/2017 06:34 PM

jloryfsu1

Joined Forum: 08/12/2011

Nosara, Costa Rica

-------------------------
 03/19/2017 09:25 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: jloryfsu1

Nosara, Costa Rica

this

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 03/19/2017 09:57 AM

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

Are you planning to longboard? I enjoyed Playa Grande near tamarindo in Costa. I was shortboarding that time, but it's a very friendly wave. I've heard the same about Nosara. Ollies point was also very fun, easy, and rippable.Summertime PR might have some fun Longboard surf but I can't speak from experience. 

03/19/2017 10:07 AM

c4rbz

Joined Forum: 05/20/2013

Just got back from guiones, nosara last week. By far the most consistent waves I've seen in CR. It was really crowded in the mornings but almost empty during mid day sessions. Nice accommodations and breaks through all tides. It was only a 2-3 foot swell and was at least head high on sets every day. Spend the money and fly into Liberia or you are driving about 5 hours from San Jose. Hope this helps 

03/19/2017 03:46 PM

surfnole

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

I was in Playa Palada near Nosara years ago over Thanksgiving. There was a nice little rivermouth just under the old hotel on the point. Perfect 2 foot glass that peeled for a while. Rented a longboard. It was a family trip so I didn't mind. I would surf from sunrise until about 8:30 am when the family started waking up. Guiones is a great place to kick back and relax. It wasn't commercial back then and the entire beach is a state/nation park so no development on the beach.
 03/20/2017 05:00 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

El Salvador has right points!!!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 03/20/2017 06:20 AM

Skunkape

Joined Forum: 08/03/2015

Byron bay Australia.

03/20/2017 06:26 AM

CERTON

Joined Forum: 04/22/2011

Originally posted by: stokedpanda El Salvador has right points!!!

+1

George Davis owns and runs Mizata Point down there go check it out, they'll take good care of you... you can surf the entire trip out front or travel to right points all over within short drives from his spot.

CLICK ME - HOME PAGE

CLICK ME - TRIP ADVISOR

"Don't count the days, make the days count." -Ali
#rydyrstrong
 03/20/2017 07:14 AM

jdbman

I'm thinking I might be able to get some old surfer mojo tomorrow at a secret Cocoa Beach Street.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 03/20/2017 06:10 PM

surfnole

Originally posted by: stokedpanda El Salvador has right points!!!
And packed with surfers in the Las Flores / Punta Mango area. "East" When is a decent size the beach breaks don't work and everybody gets funneled onto the same two breaks.\ Regarding Mizata, anybody who advertises on the internet does not have uncrowded waves all year round. It was uncrowded when I saw it, but the waves were marginal.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .