Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Real Solution To First Peak
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/02/2017 10:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/02/2017 10:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

frothing321

Joined Forum: 01/29/2017

This is the thread where we solve the problem. How will we fix first peak? What is the solution? Read so many different articles that I don't know what is right and wrong. Just want this wave back. Lets band together and make a change. 

02/03/2017 05:03 AM

dropsolo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

We work it into the fine print in the contract of an upcoming large level construction project that is happening across a few states. Why don't we join in?

-------------------------
I type on fone 99% of time. Let the typos slyde. Thanks
 02/03/2017 05:42 AM

eastcoastersrule

Joined Forum: 04/04/2009

Some surf breaks come and go. The Hattaras Lighthouse isn't what it used to be either

But in the case of SI, the initial creation of the waves and now the demise of the waves is entirely due to human interference.

In brief: the Jetty has to be straightened out. The curve no longer works

02/03/2017 05:48 AM

dingpatch

fruitless |?fro?otl?s|

adjective:

failing to achieve the desired results; unproductive or useless: his fruitless attempts to publish poetry.

Dora Hates You
 02/03/2017 05:48 AM

dingpatch

The "core" of the current jetty design/structure is not going to change. Perhaps it would be allowable to make "additions" to the north side of the current jetty. But, then again, the Army Corps of Engineers aint gonna spend one-red-cent on it for the sake of "surfing".

Dora Hates You

Edited: 02/03/2017 at 08:52 AM by dingpatch
 02/03/2017 08:20 AM

frothing321

I have faith is this organization.

https://www.firstpeak.org

would like to see more people on here get behind it. Right now the feeling around this I think is that nothing is going to get done.

Maybe a go fund me page should be started for initial costs to start restoration? Go fund me pages have a way of gaining alot of traction on facebook. 

People of firstpeak.org please comment I know you are on second light. 

02/03/2017 10:09 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

I have an aireal photo of the inlet from back in the day,

The jetty had a curve on it back then.

The difference is that the jetty used to allow sand through into the inlet, so that it stayed deep on the north side closer to shore,this caused a wedge effect as the wave hit the jetty.

Now they rebuilt it and the sand builds up on the north side farther out so the wave has broken before it hits the jetty, so it doesn't build the wedge that used to be.

02/03/2017 10:09 AM

Cloudsurfer

Joined Forum: 03/09/2010

Why don't they just get the cranes back out there and take of th 75 feet that they added. The wave changed after they added that crap!

02/03/2017 04:48 PM

TheFirstPeakProject

Joined Forum: 01/12/2016

Originally posted by: frothing321 I have faith is this organization.

https://www.firstpeak.org

would like to see more people on here get behind it. Right now the feeling around this I think is that nothing is going to get done.

Maybe a go fund me page should be started for initial costs to start restoration? Go fund me pages have a way of gaining alot of traction on facebook. 

People of firstpeak.org please comment I know you are on second light. 

Thank you frothing321!  Huge shaka to yah!

If anyone is honestly and truly interested in joining the First Peak Project, please reach out to us via our website. We have a contribute page by which you can contact us. Someone from our team will get back to you as soon as we can.

Contribute

In the meantime... we're loving this thread.  Just keep running with it.

The First Peak Project is a 501(c)(3) public benefit organization whose mission is to restore the legendary wave First Peak at Sebastian Inlet to its former glory. 

www.firstpeak.org

02/04/2017 06:09 AM

dingpatch

First off, before anyone here gets too excited about any of this again, , , , everybody raise your right hand and repeat after me, , , , "The jetty exists solely to support waterborne navigation. It is an egress and ingress point between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intercoastal Waterway. Nothing else. We are only worthless surfers."

Dora Hates You
 02/05/2017 05:17 AM

Cloudsurfer

Joined Forum: 03/09/2010

Right hand raised ,but words not coming out. This is hard!

02/05/2017 03:00 PM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

It'll never come back, no matter what anyone or any 'body' does, and/or any plan that put in place. The magic that was, was, because of the original design that went in, and the dynamic that came to happen from that '1st' of all those variables that came together, cannot and/or will never ever be repeated a second time, there, with all the changes in the littoral zone from the Cape to there due to,,, the dreaded 'dredge', plus time and construction since, no matter the effort. It was magic, and probably happenstance in the 1st place. I'll take a verse from other,, people, on here. Get over it- May get more mileage from promotion of a 'new' wedge'n jetty project elsewhere. I'm sure I made a buncha friends tell'n this trueff~~   

ola ~

02/06/2017 06:15 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Reeeeely good memories of that place, now its ok
 02/06/2017 07:12 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: equipeola
May get more mileage from promotion of a 'new' wedge'n jetty project elsewhere.

Maybe someone could talk the military into funding reconstruction of the old PAFB pier, under the guise of being an aircraft navigation aid, with secondary purpose of troop recreation and morale.

Design that one from scratch to be a wave-catcher!
 02/06/2017 06:51 PM

PUNCH22

Joined Forum: 05/22/2011

Nobody's going to call out the obvious TheFirstPeakProject fake account frothing321

First Peak went down hill? What about 2ndlight.com? 

I remember when the trolls were merciless to The Surfboard Warehouse/Finatic fakes like Yuppy121.

02/06/2017 07:41 PM

CERTON

Joined Forum: 04/22/2011

Originally posted by: PUNCH22
Nobody's going to call out the obvious TheFirstPeakProject fake account frothing321

@TheFirstPeakProject
I've asked you before and I'll ask you again, since I got no answers and I've tried to read everything available, including the web site.
I'm not interested in contacting anyone offline, just want to see the information posted here and go from there...

1. what are you going to do?
2. and how much will it cost?
3. and how long will it take?

"Don't count the days, make the days count." -Ali
#rydyrstrong
 02/07/2017 07:53 PM

TheFirstPeakProject

Joined Forum: 01/12/2016

Originally posted by: CERTON
Originally posted by: PUNCH22 Nobody's going to call out the obvious TheFirstPeakProject fake account frothing321?   
@TheFirstPeakProject I've asked you before and I'll ask you again, since I got no answers and I've tried to read everything available, including the web site. I'm not interested in contacting anyone offline, just want to see the information posted here and go from there... 1. what are you going to do? 2. and how much will it cost? 3. and how long will it take?

1. what are you going to do? Me, Marty and JimBob are going to drive over to the Home De Pot and cop a couple sheets of 3/4" plywood and some big ass tapcons. Naw, Marty just said he ain't drilling in no stinking concrete so we're gon get some ratchet straps instead. Big ass ones.

2. and how much will it cost? We're going to cash in our coin jugs we've been saving for pool money. We'all figure something around 250 bucks, split three ways. Save some for gas 'cause that inlet is a long ass ways from the home de pot.

3. and how long will it take? Oh, I don't know, give us a flat day and low tide and couple 6-packs and we'll get'er done. Yew! Day or night.  It don't matter. Marty just said he don't like ratchet straps neither, but he has some big ass zip ties.  Industrial grade or whatever. They don't sell those at the home de pot.

(CERTON...that's NOT what we're going to do, but that would work to restore some reflection from the jetty. THINK ABOUT IT. IT'S THAT EASY).

The First Peak Project is a 501(c)(3) public benefit organization whose mission is to restore the legendary wave First Peak at Sebastian Inlet to its former glory. 

www.firstpeak.org

Edited: 02/07/2017 at 09:00 PM by TheFirstPeakProject
 02/07/2017 08:05 PM

frothing321

Originally posted by: TheFirstPeakProject
Originally posted by: CERTON
Originally posted by: PUNCH22 Nobody's going to call out the obvious TheFirstPeakProject fake account frothing321?   
@TheFirstPeakProject I've asked you before and I'll ask you again, since I got no answers and I've tried to read everything available, including the web site. I'm not interested in contacting anyone offline, just want to see the information posted here and go from there... 1. what are you going to do? 2. and how much will it cost? 3. and how long will it take?

1. what are you going to do? Me, Marty and BillyJoe are going to drive over to the Home De Pot and cop a couple sheets of 3/4" plywood and some big ass tapcons. Naw, Marty just said he ain't drilling in no stinking concrete so we're gon get some ratchet straps instead. Big ass ones.

2. and how much will it cost? We're going to cash in our coin jugs we've been saving for pool money. We'all figure something around 250 bucks, split three ways. Save some for gas 'cause that inlet is a long ass ways from the home de pot.

3. and how long will it take? Oh, I don't know, give us a flat day and low tide and couple 6-packs and we'll get'er done. Yew! Day or night.  It don't matter. Marty just said he don't like ratchet straps neither, but he has some big ass zip ties.  Industrial grade or whatever. They don't sell those at the home de pot.

(CERTON...that's NOT what we're going to do, but that would work to restore some reflection from the jetty. THINK ABOUT IT. IT'S THAT EASY).

Seriously though, can you describe what you are going to do in detail? I've read through your website multiple times but I still don't have a definitive idea of what your going to use donation money for (besides website maintenance costs like it says on the website). I created this thread hoping your non-profit would gain some more traction. Please give us a real answer and lets use this thread to discuss the issue and ultimately come up with a solution.

I think if you had a specific plan that people agree with many more people would donate financially. 

02/07/2017 08:08 PM

frothing321

CERTON and PUNCH22, I am not firstpeakprojects fake account lol. I'm a 22 year old Mel Beach native who has been on second light before with a variety of different accounts. Im kind of a troll. But I created this thread because I wanted to start a real discussion. And I dont know why I wrote that I have faith in firstpeakproject. I initially really liked their website but like you CERTON, they are not giving us a straight answer on what exactly they will do.

02/08/2017 05:15 AM

dingpatch

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
'Till it's gone

Dora Hates You
FORUMS : Surfing : The Real Solution To First Peak

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .