Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: spirit airlines - recent experience
Topic Summary: no longer for masochists
Created On: 01/22/2017 10:37 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/22/2017 10:37 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

nsbkook

Joined Forum: 12/07/2011

We've all had our share of spirit airline horror stories. And I used to think that being a spirit airlines frequent flyer was a badge of shame, and showed that you have poor judgment, low self-esteem, are a masochist, or suffer from some combination of the three.

However I'm pleased to report that my recent round trip to PR was flawlessly executed - on time both ways and without a hitch. I didn't bring a board bag this time, but my previous trip to El Sal was with board bag and also went well.

thought you would like to see a positive review for a change. Kudos spirit - hope you keep it up!
 01/22/2017 10:40 AM

GoldySurFL

Joined Forum: 01/27/2010

On the 4 trips me and friends have taken on spirit never had any issues.  **knock on wood**

-------------------------
"Music gives a soul to the universe,wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to every thing." -Plato
 05/09/2017 05:42 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: nsbkook Kudos spirit - hope you keep it up!

I don't think they got your message...

05/09/2017 05:52 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: StirfryMcflurry

Originally posted by: nsbkook Kudos spirit - hope you keep it up!

I don't think they got your message...

indeed!!

Spirit Airlines cancels flight, passenger brawl breaks out

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 05/09/2017 06:09 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

My Mom just flew Frontier from Tampa to NJ and had a a great experience. Go figure.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

06/22/2017 01:14 PM

Joined Forum: 01/26/2005

I just flew down with my lady and grom to the PR Farm. We were on the typical masochist redeyes out of MCO to BQN. We were delayed in FLL for quite a while on the way down, but eventually got there in time to break out the lawn chairs, crack a medalla and play some dominoes in the front yard before the sun got above the mountain. On the Redeye back, our FLL to MCO leg got cancelled before we even took off out of BQN. We waited in a long line to determine our fate, during which time I was listening in to all passengers ahead of me interact with the one agent handling the cancellation. I feel like I and the guy ahead of me got really lucky, because we were given a driver service to San Juan, booked on a non-stop JetBlue Flight to arrive an hour or so after our original itinerary had us landing, meal vouchers ($7 each, despite her saying $21 each), and 2 RT ticket vouchers each to be booked within 60 days, but with no blackout dates.

Until everything is booked, I can't help feel a little skeptical, but I spoke to one of their Indian/Paki answering service reps today and he assured me of the RT tickets..."terms and conditions apply" ...but they don't seem too too bad.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
 06/22/2017 01:40 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I am booked for late July. I have my expectations so low that when they do disappoint me again, I will still be surprised. They get me every time.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/22/2017 06:59 PM

frothing321

Joined Forum: 01/29/2017

except for the fact that the seats are plastic and the fold down tray is actually a 6inch by 2 inch metal thing, i agree, not bad. free water too! 

06/23/2017 05:33 AM

KP

Joined Forum: 07/28/2006

Booked my flight to CR this summer on jet blue. Can't bring myself to go back to spirit yet for flying outside the country. To many variables for them to mess up....

Time and tide wait for no one.....
 06/23/2017 11:34 AM

satbch

Joined Forum: 09/19/2006

Flew Spirit to El Salvador from Ft Lauderdale last month. Flight there, no problem except they charged me for two board bags. I had 3 boards in one bag. Their limit is two surfboards but in the past I get 3 boards through by putting two boards in a day bag and 1 on top of that. This time they opened it and looked around and found the third board.
The real meat of the story is the return flight. I arrived at the airpot in San Salvador about 45 minutes before my flight. Line was moving so slow that I though I would miss my flight. Finally about 10 minutes to take off when I got up to the counter they informed me the flight had been cancelled. They made a great offer of putting me on their flight the next day. I know from experience Spirit flights in this part of the world are almost always full so I said no thanks and walked over to American Airlines and booked a one way ticked for a flight 2 and half hours later. It was expensive but I got home that same day.
The worst part of it was I received an email from Spirit about 6-7 minutes before the flight was supposed to take off saying it was delayed but I should come to the airport at least an hour before takeoff (haha) in case it was a short delay. I had already been told the flight was cancelled. I continued receiving delayed emails all day. Never once did it say it was cancelled. Since they put me on the flight the next day I received email updates. The flight the next day was delayed too. I received 5 notices of delay. The following day after that I received delayed notices until about 8pm when I received boarding notification.
Best of luck on your flights with Spirit. I have used them in the past but because of the bad notifications I won't fly them again. P.S. When I went to American Airlines that day of the first cancellation they asked which airline I was on that cancelled the flight since they should have not problem putting me on their flight because of the cancellation. When I told her Spirit she laughed and said oh, sorry. They don't offer that to their customers.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .