Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Roca Bruja y Potrero Grande Charter
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/14/2017 08:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/14/2017 08:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

occy

Joined Forum: 02/20/2012

If the swell looks right, 4 of us would like to leave out of marina Papagayo, for a full or half day charter to the waves up north. Does anyone have any company, boat, or captain recommendations? I have not been in 9 years. What is the going rate like now, 350?

-------------------------

Ask me how to take almost free surf trips anywhere.

01/14/2017 10:49 PM

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

Boos Adventures is a good tour company but $480-500 a boat (for 1-4 people) LINK. North Pacific Tour Company is new but costs $350 for Witchs Rock and $400 for both Witchs and Ollies. LINK. And Ollies Point Surf Camp is $420 for 5 people and $480 for six. LINK(+ the $15 pp park entry fee for all)

http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf
 01/15/2017 08:23 PM

occy

Thanks Greg. I was looking at one of those two if no one comes through with a bro deal suggestion.

01/17/2017 09:43 AM

Kimo63

Joined Forum: 04/22/2012

That's a little over 20 miles by boat , how long does that usually take them ?
 01/17/2017 10:02 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

You can try Walter Lotz at 506.8871.5967 at Go South. Great boat and guide.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

01/17/2017 10:15 PM

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

The trip to Witchs takes about 40 minutes from Playa el Coco. Walter is a good suggestion, too, for a boat captain. Just make sure they have permits or if your boat gets caught they will kick you out of the park. (It's in Santa Rosa National Park)

http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf
 03/24/2017 08:52 AM

occy

Used Go South for the charter with cpt. Nicholas. Excellent service and at a fair price. Thanks for the referral!

03/24/2017 11:53 AM

daner

Glad it worked out.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

03/24/2017 01:02 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

About 2 years ago I went with Go South on Greg's recommendation. Got the permits first, easy. ( Playa del Coco ) Went straight to Ollies on a Saturday. 2 of us were the only ones out for 3 hours in 3-4' clean . Then Walter's second boat showed up with 6 Braziliians.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 03/26/2017 10:53 AM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Ugh. 6 Brazilians is like 30 showing up. Happened to me and a buddy at Avellenes years ago. The 2 of us. 2 California guys and s guy from Oregon (who was wearing booties). All having a ball. Share and share alike. Then 5 Brazzy's show up. Fun over. Absolutely no regard for anyone in the water. Even their own buddies! I was solidly in one of those nice lefts off the reef. One of them is paddling out, looks me right in the eye and turns on it and takes off on me. I was f*cking livid!!

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 03/27/2017 06:15 AM

daner

Opposite experience. 4 of us were booked for the trip and at the last momnet we were told 2 new guys had just signed up -2 BRAZILIANS! I whispered Oh Shit and my son gave me a quizzikle look. I said Brazialians are inconsiderate wave hogs and Ollies is a point break. Turned out they were laid back, polite and courteous surfers. Don't pay to generalize!

03/27/2017 03:17 PM

surfnole

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Originally posted by: jdbman About 2 years ago I went with Go South on Greg's recommendation. Got the permits first, easy. ( Playa del Coco ) Went straight to Ollies on a Saturday. 2 of us were the only ones out for 3 hours in 3-4' clean . Then Walter's second boat showed up with 6 Braziliians.
Wow....permits.. Times have changed. It can be frustrating at Ollies when multiple boats show up and you have a few longboarders snaking everything. That was my experience 10+ years ago. We managed to camp at Ollies and get 2-3 hours to ourselves before the boats showed up. We met some older Brazilians in El Sal a few years ago, and they hated Brazilians too! If it's still around, Witches Rock Surf Camp may be able to help you, but don't stay in the rooms above the bar.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .