Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: mexico
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/04/2016 07:49 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/04/2016 07:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SonSurf

Joined Forum: 10/13/2010

Any info one trips to Mexico would be great . The wifey and I are on a new adventure plan for next year . And yes we have been to many places many times NOT NEW AT THIS ....  Some good points some ruins to explore ect . GO!

12/04/2016 08:15 AM

LostSherpa

Joined Forum: 05/02/2012

Yes I second this. Any info on Oaxaca would be helpful. Also, any good hostels and/or nieghborhoods in Mexico City any of you can recommend?  sry to potch your post SonSurf. 

-------------------------

The Dude Abides.

http://www.rollerphotography.com/

12/04/2016 08:29 AM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

I have a buddy who's been staying at Corky Carrol's place in La Saladita for years and raves about it. Left point break out back and you get to surf with a legend.

http://www.corkycarroll.com

-------------------------

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 12/04/2016 09:19 PM

goynleft

Joined Forum: 01/12/2010

Yes, Baja Sur.  Lots of uncrowded breaks on the sea of cortez, surf san jose del cabo, find your way to todos santos cerritos beach.  Out on the East cape there are a ton of legends residing, I was lucky enough to see Flippy Hoffman out.

12/05/2016 10:14 AM

artz

Joined Forum: 10/30/2014

Where to start? mexico has a very very long coast. A lot depends on what time of year you plan to travle will it be a road trip and camping or fly in get a place and stay in one place. Rent a car do some local waves in the area?   Here are a few Places in Mexico that I happen to like. Baja the north part of baja has cold water due to a current that drops into baja just south of San Diego. Some excellent surf and on week days not crowded. Legandary place like K38 and San Miguel You could also take a boat trip out to toto Santos if you havea gun and and have the balls.  You can rent a condo right at K38 at the Marina Club.  Lots of places to stay around Ensenada.  The soutren Tip of Baja is best in summer and fall. lots of Breaks only have a south swell window but there are places like Todo Santos that have a larger window.  The Place is being ruined by a big massive development displaceing a lot of locals big battles over water rights.  Sad to see this happen it was for along time kind of a  secret.  

Mainland Mexico has  so much to offer Corky Callors place is around Ixtapa with avery long left point river mouth a good quality wave. a fun wave not a brown stains in your board shorts wave.  Lots of other places around there as well between Troncones and Ixtapa lot of place to saty and good places to eat.  North od there is a area I love North of puerto Vallarta up to San Blas Punto mita will hold any size wave. A good friend surferd it on a not BS 20 foot + day. I surfed it on a well overhead swell 3 days of of magic. North of there is Sayulita crowded now a nice easy left . on up the coast are some unnamed gems and there isa nice left in Santa Cruze and then the famus stoners Point and Beach breaks of San Blas. The river mouth use to havea really fun wave that was very sharky.  the wave would open up with a very powerful tube short but sweet. We did not hear about the shark problem untill after we had surfed it a couple of days.  

FORUMS : Surfing : mexico

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .