Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hayden Shapes HyptoCrypto - ever tried it
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/11/2016 08:17 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/11/2016 08:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

TunnelVision

Joined Forum: 10/02/2003

If there's one board that's caught my attention for a while, its gotta be the HyptoCrypto. Looks so fun and versatile. Anyone on here ever ridden one? If so, what did you think?
 10/11/2016 09:08 AM

Julianuribe23

Joined Forum: 05/21/2012

Never thought a board would beat the Dumpster Diver's hype from 6 years ago. Guess I was wrong lol

10/11/2016 09:10 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Never ridden one, but have ridden a similar shape by 7S, fullish nose and round pin, and it worked really well.

All the feedback I have from friends about the hypto is great just a lil pricey!

-------------------------
I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 10/11/2016 11:30 AM

wavearzt

Joined Forum: 07/16/2010

Had this board for about a year now and ridden in all different conditions. Seems to work best in clean swell. Its super fast, light, gets into waves early, and turns well due to the pulled in tail (fairly backfoot dependent). It does tend to need a more drawn out turn in the pocket when coming off the bottom due to wider nose outline as with most boards with this shape, however can still go vertical in tight spaces with proper backfoot placement. As with any board very dependent on fins (I use Futures WCT techflex). Overall,one of the staples in my quiver now.

10/12/2016 05:54 AM

TunnelVision

Originally posted by: wavearzt Had this board for about a year now and ridden in all different conditions. Seems to work best in clean swell. Its super fast, light, gets into waves early, and turns well due to the pulled in tail (fairly backfoot dependent). It does tend to need a more drawn out turn in the pocket when coming off the bottom due to wider nose outline as with most boards with this shape, however can still go vertical in tight spaces with proper backfoot placement. As with any board very dependent on fins (I use Futures WCT techflex). Overall,one of the staples in my quiver now.

Thanks for the feedback, definitely helpful. Seems like it suits the kind of waves we get in this area well (fairly lined up). Thanks for the tip on the fins too. I'll check thise out
 10/12/2016 06:18 AM

Branch

Joined Forum: 03/29/2005

Hayden Works in everything FL has this last year. I'm 5'10" 170# and ride the 5'6"
 10/12/2016 04:37 PM

Tiptime

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Branch Hayden Works in everything FL has this last year. I'm 5'10" 170# and ride the 5'6"
And you are absolutely killing it on that board Branch

-------------------------
The Wavecaster
 10/16/2016 07:41 AM

TunnelVision

Just came across the FW Creeper a few days ago. Seems very similar to HyptoCrypto. Both of these seem to be a perfect fit brevard county waves. Both pricey though. Local shapers should be taking note and taking inspiration from these 2 boards IMO. Make us the same overall board, but slightly cheaper. FW Creeper
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .