Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: anyone else tremendously disappointed?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/25/2016 12:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/26/2016 05:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

psydlady

Joined Forum: 07/01/2015

I thought weekend was really good, wish I hadn't missed Friday, but grateful just the same.  Saturday the best of it for me...caught shoulders at the streets, close outs diminished some with incoming tide.  Streets were far more crowded than usual but certainly not so crowded that folks couldn't catch their fair share.  Good for longboard and shortboard alike.  I deemed it a success lol. 

-------------------------
"The best surfer out there is the one having the most fun."
~Phil Edwards
 09/26/2016 05:04 AM

mushyman

Joined Forum: 10/09/2013

Was also in the crowd at the streets! Definitely fun, plenty of waves! It seemed like there were a lot of beginners in the water there.

Do you know what Wubba-LubbA-Dub-Dub means in BirdPerson language?
 09/26/2016 05:15 AM

dkaye

Joined Forum: 08/19/2007

so many places with no crowds - its your fault for not searching around man - this weekend was a blast!

https://www.instagram.com/dj_kaye_/

09/26/2016 05:18 AM

meaty

Joined Forum: 08/13/2009

yeah i know same old story, 'hidden secret uber cool perfect spot with head high barrels no one in sight perfect money'

Whatever jerkoff.

09/26/2016 05:23 AM

SonSurf

Joined Forum: 10/13/2010

Funny post BRA!   Surfed fri -? with a hand full of friends . I read an artical once that was titled "the crowd is where ya make it". we have a spot that we gaurd with a few rules .#1 anyone can show up . #2 start cutting us off and you will get told to go down the beach. #3 have as much fun as you can, speak kindly and love your neighbor like yourself . SOOOOOOOO many miles of surf behind homes/condo's/sand dunes around here .......

09/26/2016 05:30 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

1.  It was too easy to get out,

2.  there were too many places breaking, and worst of all,

3.  caught waaay too many all the way to the beach and had to endure that..., oh yeah, see #1.

I agree with the OP, a disappointment.

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 09/26/2016 05:31 AM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

Originally posted by: BLat NFL sucked. Wondering why so many college kids move here for surf...

I didn't think it sucked, but it was not epic either. I've also seen much better conditions than this one on a similar size swell, direction, period, etc, so I know it could have been better.

The bars are all messed up where I was, waves were decent during a short window. I'm glad the AM wind cooperated and made it clean and super glassy, which was nice for a change.

You knew it was gonna be crowded. Every weekend warrior, fair weather surfer was out there hungry like a starving animal, and they were gonna sit at the peak where they see the people are, because after not having surfed regularly, they have ZERO clue about any other spots that could be working

09/26/2016 05:40 AM

dkaye

Originally posted by: meaty yeah i know same old story, 'hidden secret uber cool perfect spot with head high barrels no one in sight perfect money'

Whatever jerkoff.

playalinda

melbourne beach

indialantic

bethune

anywhere between spanish house and ocean ave

you go surf rc's and complain about crowds - lol

09/26/2016 05:41 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: BLat

NFL sucked. Wondering why so many college kids move here for surf...

The jags sucked but the waves were pretty sick!!??

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 09/26/2016 06:11 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Fins win and Jags and Bucs within a touchdown of victory.  Marked improvement!

09/26/2016 06:14 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Jensen. What a great time.

Was so surfed out from Saturday, couldn't get out of bed Sunday.
Found a spot north of public with nobody out, really nice setup there.
Was so glassy, could hardly see the waves, terrible!

09/26/2016 06:25 AM

TodoBien07

Joined Forum: 08/07/2012

Don't surf anywhere there is a parking lot

Brevard county is crowded these days and surfing has become more popular than ever, avoid those breaks with parking lots and you will catch any wave you want.

09/26/2016 06:29 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

There were 5000 people at RCs including a swarm of spongers for a while. Meanwhile, just down the beach between there and another busy spot, was a peak that was reeling off on every set wave being surfed by myself and a couple of other people who were paying attention. Three days in a row and the peak worked every day and there wasn't more than 6 people on it at any given time while I was there.

09/26/2016 06:35 AM

dan

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: miker There were 5000 people at RCs including a swarm of spongers for a while. Meanwhile, just down the beach between there and another busy spot, was a peak that was reeling off on every set wave being surfed by myself and a couple of other people who were paying attention. Three days in a row and the peak worked every day and there wasn't more than 6 people on it at any given time while I was there.

Exactly Miker.  This always leaves me scratching my head.....I see people surfing a mobbed peak and then I scan down the beach a couple hundred yards and see the same looking peak and only like 5 people on it....you know what they say "nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd"  

09/26/2016 06:35 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Originally posted by: meaty

yeah i know same old story, 'hidden secret uber cool perfect spot with head high barrels no one in sight perfect money'

Whatever jerkoff.

HaHa. Don't ask the question if you don't want to know the answer. Sorry to rub it in your lame ass post.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

09/26/2016 06:37 AM

dkaye

Originally posted by: miker There were 5000 people at RCs including a swarm of spongers for a while. Meanwhile, just down the beach between there and another busy spot, was a peak that was reeling off on every set wave being surfed by myself and a couple of other people who were paying attention. Three days in a row and the peak worked every day and there wasn't more than 6 people on it at any given time while I was there.

we walked 100 yards down the beach from another named spot and had the same situation - nbd

09/26/2016 06:38 AM

stevea

Joined Forum: 11/20/2009

COMPLETE shit out there.?????????????????????????????????

Same spot three days straight, PLAYALINDA!!!!! Crowds, umm no way, maybe 10 to 15 of us got all bunched up when drifting around the rips, but soon spread way out!

Looks like someone needs to spend more time in the water! Me I still can't feel my shoulders and my ankels for some weird reason! More waves soon please

09/26/2016 06:50 AM

havanabama

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

If you were disapointed by this swell, you surfed in the wrong place. I surfed Friday and Saturday morning till lunch at 16th and had a blast. The Saturday crowd was well spaced out and cool. With 6-9 waves per set, the itchy guys would take the long lines to the closeout, but if you can wait till the 5-6 wave, it had a great shoulders. Some of my longest rights and left in a long time. The water was perfect and no bait around.

Ah, religion, bigotry dressed up as morality.
 09/26/2016 07:04 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

its like Obama says, don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/26/2016 07:07 AM

Tiptime

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

The Wavecaster
FORUMS : Surfing : anyone else tremendously disappointed?

<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .