Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Full suit info
Topic Summary: ...Winter is coming
Created On: 08/24/2016 09:59 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/24/2016 09:59 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

LIV2SURFDT

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

Oneil psychofreak 3/2 zen zip SSW fullsuit. Any reviews out there? Shopping now to avoid Winter rush. HAve been wearing billabong solution gold for over ten years. Love it but time for new. The bong XLS is just a little too snug on my upper body. ANyone have one of these Oneils???? Opinions wanted...
 08/24/2016 10:22 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

I was pretty happy with my Psycho RG8 I got 6 years ago. Taped seams starting cracking and flaking off though 2 years ago. It kept me ultra warm until then.

I know that doesn't help outside of the brand.

08/24/2016 01:57 PM

ootrucstopoo

Joined Forum: 01/09/2006

Originally posted by: LIV2SURFDT Oneil psychofreak 3/2 zen zip SSW fullsuit. Any reviews out there? Shopping now to avoid Winter rush. HAve been wearing billabong solution gold for over ten years. Love it but time for new. The bong XLS is just a little too snug on my upper body. ANyone have one of these Oneils???? Opinions wanted...
Ive owned 4 o'neill suits and they all sucked. Seams would fall apart after one season and the materiel is absolute shit. Best suits I've used are 1.) Xcel or 2.) Ripcurl....Best in the market is patagonia but that patagucci is going to run you about $600 and up
 08/24/2016 02:14 PM

keithncocoa

Joined Forum: 07/27/2003

i have the psychofreak 3/2. great suit super warm super stretchhhhyyyy... perfect for cfl.
i have been a big fan of oneil since they fit my body style. i also have a few ripcurls.
the old xcel (before buyout by bong') fit very well also but changed afterwards.

fact: all the new super stretchy suits are very warm esp if you have taped seams and welded panels..
- the down side is the stretchy materials do break down sooner than old school wetsuits.
it is just a fact... so plan on every 2-3 years doing an update on wetsuits, dont wait 10 years.

-------------------------
support small business - get a new board every 6 months :)
Fatcatsurfboards - hecto en estados unidos - fatcatsurfboards.com
fatcatsurfboards@instagram
 08/24/2016 03:09 PM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: ootrucstopoo  Ive owned 4 o'neill suits and they all sucked. Seams would fall apart after one season and the materiel is absolute shit.

What suits did you have, because I get O'neill because imo they're one of the best..... I had a Psycho2 that I couldn't kill, and here in St. Aug we need a full from thanksgiving through march.... just replaced with a Quik Cypher and had to send that thing back as it fell apart in a few months.

Xcels are good also, but the most important thing is how they fit you

08/24/2016 03:20 PM

NSIsharkbait

Joined Forum: 09/16/2005

Planned obsolescence or built-in obsolescence in industrial design and economics is a policy of planning or designing a product with an artificially limited useful life, so it will become obsolete (that is, unfashionable or no longer functional) after a certain period of time.

https://i.imgur.com/rMXKWWK.gifv
 08/24/2016 03:48 PM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

Looking at Xcel revolt or O'Neill hyper freak. Anyone had any experience with either? 

Last wetsuit was billabong revolution model I believe. It pretty much sucked and fell apart in year 2-3

08/24/2016 03:58 PM

bus

Joined Forum: 10/01/2007

Originally posted by: ootrucstopoo
Originally posted by: LIV2SURFDT Oneil psychofreak 3/2 zen zip SSW fullsuit. Any reviews out there? Shopping now to avoid Winter rush. HAve been wearing billabong solution gold for over ten years. Love it but time for new. The bong XLS is just a little too snug on my upper body. ANyone have one of these Oneils???? Opinions wanted...
Ive owned 4 o'neill suits and they all sucked. Seams would fall apart after one season and the materiel is absolute shit. Best suits I've used are 1.) Xcel or 2.) Ripcurl....Best in the market is patagonia but that patagucci is going to run you about $600 and up

You can get a Patagonia R2 for about tree-fitty. Thatshould be plenty of warmth for CFL

08/24/2016 04:44 PM

miker

Originally posted by: bus
Originally posted by: ootrucstopoo

You can get a Patagonia R2 for about tree-fitty. Thatshould be plenty of warmth for CFL

The 2016's use a new material for them... Sustainable rubber? Wonder how that will affect performance and durability.

08/24/2016 05:51 PM

sharkey

Joined Forum: 01/07/2009

Turned onto O'Neill psychos by my buddy in Ventura a few years ago & have bought a new one every couple of years as a quiver for me and (same sized) visitors. Awesome suits.

He told me something I couldn't believe: "wetsuits aren't an issue." When I stepped into one of his, 6 hours later I was a believer. Been back every year.

Still like a couple of high end Xcel's, too.

Buy the best you can in a size and feel you like.

08/24/2016 05:57 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I've had an Excel short sleeve spring for going on six years now and it's still sealed.

The rubber hasn't turned to cardboard either. I have 3 or 4 cardboard Oneill fullsuits in my garage if anyone is interested.

I just saw one of these and it was pretty impressive. Very techy. Anybody ever heard of them?

I was right.
 08/24/2016 06:51 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 11/22/2016 at 10:17 AM by nukeh2o
 11/19/2016 10:17 AM

LIV2SURFDT

Pulled the trigger on the psychofreak. Ordered from HBCSurf. Great price and nobody else had my size in stock. Winter is coming...
 11/19/2016 03:41 PM

azboarder23

Joined Forum: 03/19/2007

Check out the website seshday.com just got the Xcel drylock suit which is top of the line for Xcel suits for $246. Grant it I got 25% off on top of the discount already on site so I paid for next day shipping. Before that I have had JetPilot A-Tron, Rip Curl E-Bomb and the Billabong Gold Solution, and out of all of these suits I can agree the Bong was an awesome suit for the money. Now this Xcel is pretty damn good too and I bought it at a great price. Best of luck buddy. http://www.seshday.com/Search....l=00090064109800000000

Ride the mountain.
 11/19/2016 03:54 PM

matt_t

Joined Forum: 10/21/2003

Originally posted by: LIV2SURFDT

Pulled the trigger on the psychofreak. Ordered from HBCSurf. Great price and nobody else had my size in stock. Winter is coming...

Did the same for the same reason.. Ordered from Hansen surf though.
 11/19/2016 05:48 PM

miker

Originally posted by: azboarder23 Check out the website seshday.com just got the Xcel drylock suit which is top of the line for Xcel suits for $246. Grant it I got 25% off on top of the discount already on site so I paid for next day shipping. Before that I have had JetPilot A-Tron, Rip Curl E-Bomb and the Billabong Gold Solution, and out of all of these suits I can agree the Bong was an awesome suit for the money. Now this Xcel is pretty damn good too and I bought it at a great price. Best of luck buddy. http://www.seshday.com/Search....l=00090064109800000000

Yeah you can get some good deals on the existing wetsuits when the new models come in. It is they way to go on top end wet suits unless there is something in the latest model that makes the extra expense worth it.

11/19/2016 09:16 PM

dropsolo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I have a xcel revolt.

Love it and would recommend it.

I type on fone 99% of time. Let the typos slyde. Thanks
 11/20/2016 09:23 AM

spindrift

Joined Forum: 10/28/2016

the quiksilver and hyperflex are slightly larger xls size than others. oneills are great but pricy. im selling nice hyperflex 3/2 cyclone 2 over on the for sale area. also quiksilver syncro 3/2 and 4/3. all have sealed seams and flushguard, back zip [best invention since sliced bread]

spindrift

11/20/2016 09:23 AM

LIV2SURFDT

I also loved my Billabong solutions gold. And its in super good shape for being around ten years old. Its just too darn tight around my chest or I would have got another bong this time. No fun feeling constricted and struggling to breath on a cold pumping day. The Oneill fits my upper body way better...
 11/20/2016 12:10 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

FORUMS : Surfing : Full suit info

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .