Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Found surf board.
Topic Summary: Found board, looking for owner
Created On: 08/14/2016 05:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/14/2016 05:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Muncie03

Joined Forum: 08/14/2016

Yesterday I found a surfboard stuck in some bushes. We were out at the beach park for a few hours and well into the night and it was still there and not a car around. I brought it home and now I'm putting an add here to find the owner. If you have lost a surfboard on Saturday, August 13th. Give me specifics about your board and if it's yours you can come get it.

Thanks.

08/14/2016 06:16 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Hmmmmm, , , , ", , , ,stuck in some bushes, , ,".

Back in my day, , , , that would have been someone's "board stash" for when they skipped class for good surf (did not need to go home and get discovered).

Oh, and, , , , , what were you doing in the bushes "well into the night"?

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 08/14/2016 06:42 AM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

"Yesterday I found a surfboard stuck in some bushes."

That statement right there tells the world you didn't 'FIND' anything. You discovered somebody's hiding spot. Do you actually think the forces of nature stuck the thing far up in the cover that made it disappear from view? Since it isn't yours, you simply stole it. You need to haul ass back there and return it to it's rightful place. 

ola ~

08/14/2016 07:23 AM

Muncie03

Joined Forum: 08/14/2016

It was sitting on top of bushes at a bunch of empty parking spaces next to a1a when we got to the beach.  We were there for three hours and it was 9 when we left.  I didn't go dig through the bushes, it was sitting on top getting delaminated by the sun.  Instead of giving me a hard time, why don't you hit up your buddies and find out if they forgot a board at the beach.  

08/14/2016 08:51 AM

SunriseSurfer

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I think you did the right thing.

Whether trampling through the sand dunes and bushes or just finding it lying on top,
Muncie03 did the right thing.

After it being there for several hours, maybe it was 'stashed', maybe not.
I sure wouldn't stash any of my boards anywhere in this day and age.
( maybe it was 'stashed' from someone else stealing it and hiding it till later )

Look at the date Muncie03 joined 2ndLight .... today ... just to post
that he has the board.

That's good enough for me to believe him.
He could just as easily taken it to the pawn shop and got $100 but he didn't.

I feel you did it the right way.
dingpatch is living in the past, ... he's O-L-D but he does have a good memory.

Good on you Muncie03 and welcome.

Puerto Rico 11 - 24 - 2013
 08/14/2016 12:44 PM

equipeola

It goes without saying if he found it simply lying on top of some bushes, to take it home and do what he did, howEVER, you said you found it "stuck in some bushes".  Welcome dude, as Sunrise say's, this is a great place, just don't be like trumpbrah and claim what you meant isn't what you said. Gitsum, it's break'n a li'l now!  

ola ~

08/14/2016 12:58 PM

Long Beard

Joined Forum: 05/13/2007

whoever left it or stashed it is gonna be stoked that an honest person found it and is searching for the owner. Good on ya. Most people these days would keep it or sell it. Don't let the haters shake ya from doing the right thing again next time. Cheers to you brother.

R I P Mama G.

@Salt.And.Savagery.Fishing

@Laserwolf.Laserwolf
 08/14/2016 01:22 PM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

equipeola Suck a Donkey d!#*

08/14/2016 06:38 PM

equipeola

Ya I'll take that once 'cause of the politic, but my message is if ya find a stick stashed up in the sticks, leave it alone. Dude did the good thing since it was left out for anyone t'grab. I agree, cheers-

ola ~

08/15/2016 08:38 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

If it's delaminated maybe they don't want it back.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

08/17/2016 06:02 AM

IK

Joined Forum: 05/29/2006

I knew it was possible! Thank you for being an honest person! I'll Pm you!

BarrierIsle.com
 08/17/2016 06:10 AM

IK

Joined Forum: 05/29/2006

I had three kids in various stages of decorum, a kayak, paddle, kayak cart, other miscellaneous beach items, and the long board. Threw the board on the bushes to go in last and by the time all the other things were settled into the car...

Muncie03 did the exact right thing. If he hadn't it probably would be sold on craigslist by now. Thank you again!

BarrierIsle.com
 08/17/2016 06:40 AM

mushyman

Joined Forum: 10/09/2013

And there we go! It was a good deed after all!!!

Do you know what Wubba-LubbA-Dub-Dub means in BirdPerson language?
 08/17/2016 09:36 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Originally posted by: IK I had three kids in various stages of decorum, a kayak, paddle, kayak cart, other miscellaneous beach items, and the long board. Threw the board on the bushes to go in last and by the time all the other things were settled into the car... Muncie03 did the exact right thing. If he hadn't it probably would be sold on craigslist by now. Thank you again!
Awesome!
 08/17/2016 09:53 AM

easyrider4

Joined Forum: 02/02/2011

thanks muncie. Little things like this that make our surf community a tight knit one.

08/17/2016 11:25 AM

CrazyTom

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Thank you Muncie for taking the time to do the right thing. Oh, and welcome to the "forum" it can be entertaining, informative and it's a good local community, with people from all walks. IK-"YA BIG DUMMY!" Just kidding, glad you got your board back.

Peace, Love and SOUL!
 08/17/2016 02:12 PM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Karma Points Awarded!
 08/18/2016 08:53 AM

sharkey

Joined Forum: 01/07/2009

Good on ya, Muncie03!

I joined this site after a 2ndlighter placed a "lost board" post on my behalf after mine flew off the top of my car and was gone in 60 seconds.  Another 2ndlighter who'd had my board sold to him then contacted me after seeing the post.  He even kept contact details of the dirty dog who'd found my board and flipped it.

Always nice to hear about people making good news.

08/19/2016 01:28 AM

artman

Joined Forum: 03/10/2009

Awesome, this site and it's members have worked together to return several boards throughout the years

When I first started surfing in the early eighties I would ride a BMX bike over the EauGallie causeway with a surfboard under my arm, I was one of those guys that stashed their board in the bushes, there were far more Palmettos along the beach back then...I never lost one... Welcome to the forums Muncie03!!
 08/19/2016 09:16 AM

bus

Joined Forum: 10/01/2007

Many years ago (when 6 was 10), we left school, um early, to do some , uh, research at P-land f0r a school project. 

We had to be back before my buddies parents would expect him to be home from after-school activities.  While changing out of our wetuits he put his board in the palmettos, sticking up nose first. Of course we (he) forgot to put it on the surf racks and he left it there. While at the BK right over the causeway he noticed it wasnt on the car.  It was getting dark. We couldnt make it back before the gate closed.

Luckily these old (well my age now) guys pulled up asking if we left a board.  Thank sto these honest dudes he didnt get busted by his parents and we enjoyed the finest cuisine that BK had to offer. 

We did go back to P-Land the next day before school to make sure we didnt leave anything else there. All we found was barrell after barrell...

Moral of the story: Sometimes boards sitting there are left behind and P-Land can get you shacked.

FORUMS : Surfing : Found surf board.

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .