Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Croc bite at Tamarindo
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/22/2016 02:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/27/2016 12:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Originally posted by: Cole

I ain't watching it.

I still picture the Jaws poster when I'm sitting alone on the outside on a big choppy day. I sure as sht don't need to add croc attacks to the mental image.

ditto

-------------------------
Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

07/27/2016 12:32 PM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

That is horrifying. I made the walk across that river before as well. Never thought of any thing attacking other than a sting a-ray or something.
 07/28/2016 07:09 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I surfed guacallillio. We called it crocky point. The crocs we saw were not in the lineup and some locals were surfing with us which was why we paddled out but it did feel like a dangerous needless addition to a surf spot.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/28/2016 07:56 AM

tingo

Joined Forum: 09/22/2004

Quacalillos: another super spooky spot. Did you ever catch it good. I was there it was head high and mushy and scary. I didnt stay out too long.. Lots of trash caught on the beach/cove. The tarcoles river mouth is not far away. Tarcoles, the crocodile bridge on the way to jaco 

07/28/2016 08:13 AM

freesurfs

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

For me... after approx 30 surf trips to Costa, beginning 1986... and having surfed some notorious croc zones... consider myself fortunate to have not been attacked, and to have only had one stare down with a monster coming our from that jungle covered rivermouth at Tivives whle I was crossing after a fun sesh in front of the caves.

Prob just surf the better beach breaks there from now on.
... just saying

... positioning and selection
 07/29/2016 05:07 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Originally posted by: freesurfs

For me... after approx 30 surf trips to Costa, beginning 1986... and having surfed some notorious croc zones... consider myself fortunate to have not been attacked, and to have only had one stare down with a monster coming our from that jungle covered rivermouth at Tivives whle I was crossing after a fun sesh in front of the caves.

Prob just surf the better beach breaks there from now on.

... just saying

I camped at Tivives. Sweet break. I was always more concerned with Fer du Lances than crocs.
 07/31/2016 08:03 AM

shapewright

Joined Forum: 07/18/2010

Balsa Bill and I scoped out Isla Damas, we were warned NOT to paddle that far out, especially on an outgoing tide because of the Crocs

07/31/2016 03:46 PM

SCshredmachine

Joined Forum: 01/04/2016

Originally posted by: finward if they would just feed all the "coke weed girls" peddlers to them they might get sick of the taste and move on

i agree 100% tamarindo was my first time out of the united states and what a impression it made.

08/03/2016 04:45 AM

fausteddie

Joined Forum: 08/10/2009

Originally posted by: tingo Quacalillos: another super spooky spot. Did you ever catch it good. I was there it was head high and mushy and scary. I didnt stay out too long.. Lots of trash caught on the beach/cove. The tarcoles river mouth is not far away. Tarcoles, the crocodile bridge on the way to jaco 

I caught it good, but sooo dirty and sketchy. My buddy and I were the only two out and it was wrapping around the point perfectly. You couldn't see your hand in the water it was so dirty.

FORUMS : Surfing : Croc bite at Tamarindo

<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .