Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Bali and Lombok pics
Topic Summary: went from 6/12 to 6/28
Created On: 06/29/2016 08:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/29/2016 08:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

Just got back from my trip. It was incredible, waves from chest high to double overhead, empty lineups in Lombok, and clean conditions at Uluwatu.

Check HERE for the pics. PM me if you want more info.

-------------------------
http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf
 06/30/2016 04:53 AM

Waverider969

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Greg, I'll be going to Bali in a week. Staying a few nights on cliff near Uluwatu then a few days in Legion. Any advice or tips you can pass on? Due to a few stops before Bali I opted not to bring my board but rather buy or rent there. Hopefully its easy to get good boards in that area.

06/30/2016 05:15 AM

vwsurf

Joined Forum: 06/15/2004

I'm here right now at Padang Padang.

Surf all day, polka all night, everything is alright.
 06/30/2016 05:40 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Nice shots! I bet that was an epic vaca!
 06/30/2016 05:51 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Wow, top of the bucket list
 06/30/2016 06:36 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Sounds like quite an exciting adventure!

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

06/30/2016 07:32 AM

bigpapapump

Joined Forum: 07/06/2004

Originally posted by: GREG Just got back from my trip. It was incredible, waves from chest high to double overhead, empty lineups in Lombok, and clean conditions at Uluwatu. Check HERE for the pics. PM me if you want more info.
Man these bring back memories. I went to Indo for 2 months 5 years ago. Oh how time flies. Most people find Gerupuk pretty boring and mellow compared to most waves in Lombok, but with the right board it is such a blast. I rode it on a 6'0'' egg.

How is the road to Mawi? It used to be complete shit. You always knew when someone went cause their feet were either cut or burned from the motos.

Ekas was actually one of my favorite waves on Lombok. I visited 3 times, but only surfed it twice. Both times with no one else out but the people I went with. I've done the drive and boat route, and then also driven the whole way around and then paddled out from the beach. Talk about a long swim.

06/30/2016 08:23 AM

Waverider969

Like I said I'll be in Ulu and Padang Padang around July 15th-19th. If anyone is going be there gimmy a shout.  

06/30/2016 02:14 PM

GREG

Joined Forum: 08/20/2003

Uluwatu is always a few feet bigger (less crowded the farther up the point you go) and I saw Dreamland best at dead low. Higher tides at Padang Padang were less closed out. Midday sessions seem to be good since many already surfed all morning and winds are still offshore. have fun! Try the curry at The Mango Tree and the breakfast sandwich at the Mex spot in Padang Padang. And at Uluwatu, try Wade Balin - right above the cave. Good breakfasts and views! There are hundreds of quality shortboards boards at Uluwatu walking down the hill to the break. Plenty of longer boards too but the quality and selection is more limited. Costs about 100k a session for a board (~$7) and to buy, from $200-280 for a good used board.

This was a bucket list trip, but now seeing and surfing there, I will be back. I liked the culture of the Balinese but the traffic was maddening in the busier towns (not too bad from PP to Ulu) and the breaks crowded. Lombok had nearly empty roads and you could find empty peaks. I stayed in Kuta (Lombok) which was central between Mawi and Gerupuk. The main roads are well paved, the track to Mawi was fair, as it was dry for a week, but if it rained then I bet it would be very muddy, which is hard to ride on with a motorbike with no tread on the tires. It took 45 minutes from Kuta to Mawi (17km) by motorbike, 20 min to the boats at Gerupuk, and 30 min to the boat dock at Awang (to Ekas)

http://www.crsurf.com ~ CR Surf Travel Company

http://www.vacationsbygreg.com
Instagram - @crsurf
 06/30/2016 03:32 PM

bigpapapump

Joined Forum: 07/06/2004

Originally posted by: GREG Uluwatu is always a few feet bigger (less crowded the farther up the point you go) and I saw Dreamland best at dead low. Higher tides at Padang Padang were less closed out. Midday sessions seem to be good since many already surfed all morning and winds are still offshore. have fun! Try the curry at The Mango Tree and the breakfast sandwich at the Mex spot in Padang Padang. And at Uluwatu, try Wade Balin - right above the cave. Good breakfasts and views! There are hundreds of quality shortboards boards at Uluwatu walking down the hill to the break. Plenty of longer boards too but the quality and selection is more limited. Costs about 100k a session for a board (~$7) and to buy, from $200-280 for a good used board. This was a bucket list trip, but now seeing and surfing there, I will be back. I liked the culture of the Balinese but the traffic was maddening in the busier towns (not too bad from PP to Ulu) and the breaks crowded. Lombok had nearly empty roads and you could find empty peaks. I stayed in Kuta (Lombok) which was central between Mawi and Gerupuk. The main roads are well paved, the track to Mawi was fair, as it was dry for a week, but if it rained then I bet it would be very muddy, which is hard to ride on with a motorbike with no tread on the tires. It took 45 minutes from Kuta to Mawi (17km) by motorbike, 20 min to the boats at Gerupuk, and 30 min to the boat dock at Awang (to Ekas)
Last time I was there the road to Mawi was paved but might as well of been dirt it was so pothole ridden. Lombok is my favorite. Man I miss eating at all of the Warungs along the beach in Kuta, Lombok. I stayed almost a month. Hiking Rinjani is one of the best/hardest hikes of my life.

As you now see the further east the better. I don't like Bali. Java is good though. Sumbawa and Flores are both amazing, especially the diving in Flores.

07/01/2016 04:25 AM

dkaye

Joined Forum: 08/19/2007

I hate FLOLrirda so much

Very jealous, sick shots man. Wish I didn't have a job that I couldn't be gone for only 4 or 5 days at a time without the place falling apart. Good Shit.

https://www.instagram.com/dj_kaye_/

07/01/2016 04:42 AM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

Originally posted by: dkaye   I couldn't be gone for only 4 or 5 days at a time without the place falling apart.

No such thing unless whatever it is, is running disfunctionally right?!

ola ~

07/05/2016 07:51 AM

Waverider969

Greg, thanks for the great info!! Im days away for my venture across the big pond. First stop Thailand (for a few days)  and next is Bali. Wow this weekend Ulu was reportting 17-20ft. Wholey crap!!!  Im not ready for that,  coming off a mostly flat florida summer. My heart starts racing just thinking about huge waves over a sharp reef. LOL I'm sure there are different peaks to warm up on over there. I hope. lol

Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .