Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Snorkle fins: not sure where to post, so it ends up here
Topic Summary: swim fin for snorkle recommendations
Created On: 06/21/2016 11:57 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/21/2016 11:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Wedgefield

Joined Forum: 12/18/2003

In the market for 2 pair of good snorkeling fins, pls share brands/models you like
 06/21/2016 07:49 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

I think snorkel enthusiasts in Florida like bigger fins, but Dafin, designed for lifeguards in the surf environment, is worth checking.  

06/22/2016 05:20 AM

Wedgefield

Originally posted by: ww I think snorkel enthusiasts in Florida like bigger fins, but Dafin,">http://dafin.com">Dafin, designed for lifeguards in the surf environment, is worth checking.  

Kinda short, but look to last forever... thanks for the tip. Any other plugs from spear guys etc ?
 06/27/2016 07:43 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Kind of off the wall....I hadn't heard of these guys, but they must be serious if they're making military fins to be worn over boots.  Everything made in USA.  Based in Santa Barbara.

Force Fin

06/30/2016 05:11 PM

paddleout

Joined Forum: 07/31/2003

I prefer to use my good ol Churchill swimfins when snorkeling. They are smaller and easier to transport, plus alot easier to walk in if needed.

You don't need a ton of freedive power when just snorkeling.

Plus I can use them with a bodyboard if conditions get nice and big.

Fin socks and fin savers are also recommended

http://www.amazon.com/Churchil...Swimfins/dp/B007R6U9WE
 07/01/2016 05:07 AM

RocketSurf

Joined Forum: 03/20/2014

I have always had problems with foot "pocket" fins. (Churchill, Duckfeet....etc) Bad blisters and bad cramps in my feet. I finally found some called "Flips" swim fins. They incorporate Teva like sandals straps and a flat hard plastic flipper. Your foot is incased by the straps which also go through a hard plastic flipper. The power of the up kick is supported by a strap across the middle of your foot not your toes.......Free toe movement plus no compression on your feet make these really comfortable so no fin sock needed. And since they are already strapped to your feet there is no need for fin savers if kneeboarding or sponging. The are super lightweight and fit in any luggage or backpack. They made two styles, surf and diver. The surf were shorter and wider for quick speed pushing for a wave. The diver were longer and thinner for cruising. I purchased a pair of each in the early 90s and this is the only thing I can find about them on the web. Both pair are still in great shape and have been used often.

Swimflips

watch at least 22 seconds so you can see them when they are out of the bag.......

Edited: 07/01/2016 at 05:13 AM by RocketSurf
 07/01/2016 06:32 AM

Wedgefield

got a pair of these for now fins, SwimFlips look promising for my next trial. Thank you for all the feedback.
 07/02/2016 04:22 AM

surfersensei

Joined Forum: 12/02/2003

I used to have a pair of flips. They worked well but lost their snap after about a year. They went out of business several years ago so you probably won't be able to find them. I have gone through a lot of fins and DaFin is by far my favorite. They have a lot of surface area compared to most bodyboard fins so they work well as an all around fin and would be fine for snorkeling. They are very comfortable so you can use them all day without blistering up your feet. They run a little small. I have a size 10 1/2 to 11 foot and I wear the large which is marked 11-12. If they are a little too big you can just add a strap pad to take up the slack or wear a reef bootie.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .