Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Surfing in Cocoa Beach just got a little more expensive
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/21/2016 04:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/23/2016 05:21 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dan

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

The waves are terrible in Cocoa Beach ayway....

05/23/2016 10:01 AM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

Originally posted by: Cole Yes Dab, I read the moneys section. Four questions: 1) Where can I find the percentage breakdown for money that stays in Cocoa Beach... and what leaves? 2) Where can I rind the revenue numbers for the golf course? 3) Is it true that a large chunk of our hotel taxes are going to fund sports teams out of Osceola county? 4) Why the #$&% is the Minuteman project taking so long? I watched them build mile long sections of 192 - including culverts - in less time than it's taking to re-do a one block section of Cocoa Beach?

Hey Cole- all great questions. But, they are all outside of my ability to answer without doing the research and reading necessary.

All of the COCOA Beach financial transaction should be disclosed in the Cocoa Beach annual report. 

All the BREVARD County financial transaction should be disclosed in the BREVARD County annual report. 

As for the Minuteman project, it's disclosed in the annual report. I can't quote the pages off hand. But it has to do with funding priorities. If you look at the report the project has a lot of input from multiple government agencies. Which is again outside of my ability to answer. But, you remember when the fuel truck burned on the overpass of Courtenay on 528? How fast that got repaired. It came from a special emergency fund setup by FDOT for such occurrences. It bypassed all normal channels for roadways funding processes.

Not to be snarky, that is why some people are called investigative journalists and others reporters. I'm neither one. Was just pointing RC and you to some links that might help get you started with answering your questions.

Most, but not all government activities are in the public trust domain. Unfortunately, in many cases the data is not easily accessed even by the people who should be able to access it easily. So, you will probably have to do some work to get the facts about your questions.

-------------------------
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

05/24/2016 04:49 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Thanks Dab, just thought I'd ask.

This stuff should be easy to find, but it's not.

I do know we used the contractor that built the new fire station to do the road improvement. I hope the were cheap.

With any luck, the proposed sports deal for the stadium fell through, considering that five years of our tourist tax was also included in the funding.

I was right.
 05/24/2016 12:19 PM

dab

Joined Forum: 08/08/2003

Originally posted by: Cole Thanks Dab, just thought I'd ask. This stuff should be easy to find, but it's not. I do know we used the contractor that built the new fire station to do the road improvement. I hope the were cheap. With any luck, the proposed sports deal for the stadium fell through, considering that five years of our tourist tax was also included in the funding.

It can be aggravating to get the data. But, it's public.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

05/24/2016 01:55 PM

Kimo63

Joined Forum: 04/22/2012

thanks for the info

Edited: 05/24/2016 at 02:15 PM by Kimo63
 05/24/2016 05:35 PM

mikedaniel

Joined Forum: 01/11/2012

Speaking of tourism tax dollars, Brevard has about $10M of them set aside for the "Mid Reach Project'', which is a boondoggle of a ''beach project''.

The FDEP reports that the beaches in that area are getting wider by themselves. Has Florida ever done a beach project on a beach that is already getting wider?

That money should be spent on Indian River Lagoon projects....

05/25/2016 04:53 AM

leatherneck

Joined Forum: 01/16/2008

get it while you can a-holes its all underwater in 80yrs anyways

05/25/2016 03:02 PM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

05/28/2016 12:26 PM

LagoonSurfer

Joined Forum: 07/06/2009

Meter at the street I surfed today is already broken!

Brother, when you get a minute, could I get a list of the words that trigger these fits?

Hey. Where are we going? (And what are we doing in a hand-basket?)
FORUMS : Surfing : Surfing in Cocoa Beach just got a little more expe...

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .