Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Slater to open wave pool.
Topic Summary: But not to you.. :-(
Created On: 04/29/2016 07:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/29/2016 07:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

NSIsharkbait

Joined Forum: 09/16/2005

link

Bastard!!

Kelly Slater's Wave Pool Finally Opens Its Doors!
A-listers get the invitation of all invitations.

POSTED
44 HOURS AGO
Elton John's Grammy's afterparty is no longer the hottest ticket in town. It doesn't matter who you are, a text from Kelly Slater is a thrill. But, it's a face-meltingly-good day when it arrives with the following missive: Would you like to join me in Fresno to surf (and test) my new wave pool?
Yup, Slater's opening his pool to his nearest and dearest pals over the next few weeks.
The most talked-about surf locale on Earth this year isn't Pipeline, Teahupoo or Skeleton Bay. It's a wave that's 100 miles from the ocean and a wave that has only ever been surfed by Kelly Slater. But, that's all about to change.
Kelly has organised three different pool days. One with he and John Florence. One day with Carissa Moore and Steph Gilmore. And, a final day with all of his Momentum-era bros. We're talking everyone from Jason Weatherly to Ross Williams. Rights, and lefts.
Kelly Slater Wave Pool 0
The details are foggy, but there's just one rule: No cameras. So, it's very likely that it'll still be some months before we see anything new from the wave. And, given the secrecy of the KS wave pool camp since the former waterski park was bought in January 2014 and the first look revealed at the end of December 2015, security will be tight.
These sessions are likely in place to see what world class surfers think of the 45-second ride, and determine what the future of the pool might be. Stab reported recently that an event is slated here for early August, and this follows talks of a potential world tour event here as early as 2017.
When this clip dropped in December last year, there wasn't a surfer on earth who wasn't talking about the wave. Turns out, it wasn't just surfers freaking on his creation. No, not Elton John, but word on the street is that Mr Kanye West texted Kelly asking if he could play at the pool and potentially collaborate in some way with KS. Can you imagine the all-CAPS tweets from Yeezy draped in OuterKnown, poolside, fanning out on KS!

-------------------------
https://i.imgur.com/rMXKWWK.gifv
 04/30/2016 11:06 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I plan on getting an invite once I recover from hip surgery.

Next spring is fine, that place looks too cold in the winter.

I was right.
 04/30/2016 01:18 PM

TunnelVision

Joined Forum: 10/02/2003

Prediction. KSWCO will be listed on the NYSE within 2 years. After the public funding, we will see 100 of these being developed concurrently in the US alone.
 05/01/2016 08:50 AM

Zillion

Joined Forum: 07/29/2014

only pro standups and well off business partners, so numbing. surfing in this country lacks passion at the pro (paid well) level all surfing like slater, not as lovingly artistic.  one hundred wave pools and NYSE sounds like the quicksilkver route to low cash flow. A wave with personality can not be mechanically produced. Watch slater scurf the pool it takes his greatness and flushes although may make inferior preformers a notch better at reaching an  emotion.

05/01/2016 01:34 PM

Cole

I don't think any of us will give up surfing in the ocean. Wave pools are a novelty for coastal people and always will be.

I was right.
 05/04/2016 09:41 AM

stashy4

Joined Forum: 03/20/2006

Bunch of new videos on Vimeo under the Kelly Slater Wave Co. account.

KSWP_MONTAGE_MASTER from Kelly Slater Wave Company on Vimeo.

05/04/2016 09:43 AM

stashy4

Joined Forum: 03/20/2006

05/04/2016 10:21 AM

Cole

A wave with personality can not be mechanically produced. - zillion

Actually, that waves does have different faces.

Watch the different clips and you will see what I mean.

I was right.
 05/04/2016 11:27 AM

HBrandNSB

Joined Forum: 03/16/2004

Kelly needs to build one in Central Florida. He knows how much the waves suck here at certain times. Come on, bro!! Hook your home state up!!!
 05/04/2016 11:44 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Originally posted by: HBrandNSB

Kelly needs to build one in Central Florida. He knows how much the waves suck here at certain times. Come on, bro!! Hook your home state up!!!

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 05/04/2016 12:44 PM

johnnyboy

I agree with you Cole, but damn, getting tubed like that in a stand up barrel for a standing ten count is pretty damn good.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/04/2016 12:45 PM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

Why is it a right?

05/04/2016 01:50 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: seaspray

Why is it a right?

I see that as a flaw too. Everyone knows lefts are better.

I was right.
 05/04/2016 02:10 PM

SoHiGH

Joined Forum: 07/10/2015

Originally posted by: johnnyboy I agree with you Cole, but damn, getting tubed like that in a stand up barrel for a standing ten count is pretty damn good.

By "stand up barrel" do you mean crouched so low they can all smell their own assholes?  (yeah, I'm jealous... kind of)

Man, it's flat out there in Lake Atlantic... Puff puff, pass

05/04/2016 06:20 PM

theexile

Joined Forum: 02/14/2014

Im sorry but its wierd seeing a wave like that

05/04/2016 07:01 PM

johnnyboy

It's weird. It's different for now. One day it will be a draw for lots of inland water parks. Soon, a surfer will emerge from one in Arizona. He will travel to Hawaii and meet a turtle. His journey will put him under a master whose board selections will follow the sport of surfing from its inception all the way to the 80's. He is a diamond in the rough that gets so polished that he beats the handsome bully laird all the while falling in forbidden haole love.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/06/2016 03:19 AM

Sparky

Joined Forum: 02/09/2005

I am guessing they can charge whatever they want for that wave. What would spend to travel to a location with similar waves? This should prove to be extremely succesful. Good for those guys!! 

05/06/2016 04:14 AM

Cole

It beats the beejesus out of Typhoon Lagoon and we've all paid to surf there.

I was right.
 05/06/2016 11:35 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: Cole

It beats the beejesus out of Typhoon Lagoon and we've all paid to surf there.

And that required a 200-yard sprint to get back in the lineup w/o missing your turn.

Kelly's place even provides jet skis for that long paddle back out!
 05/06/2016 11:48 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

I've been to TL twice. The second time because I took my son. No desire to go back again no matter how long the summer blues last. Slater's wave, I think I could go back once a year, year after year and enjoy it. Big difference.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

FORUMS : Surfing : Slater to open wave pool.

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .