Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Surfing Lightheaded
Topic Summary: don't knock it til you try it
Created On: 02/26/2016 03:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/26/2016 03:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

CERTON

Joined Forum: 04/22/2011

Where: Spessard Holland South Park in Melbourne Beach

When: 9am - 1pm on Saturday, March 26, 2016

Only half of the available spots are left at this time and any blood type is helpful, since the donations will be used for anyone in need within the community, (even though Rydyr's already needed more than 8 transfusions this month so far).  If we fill these time slots, they will supply another bus!

The goal is to suppport a good cause and have a good time with good vibes, so even if you won't be donating blood please feel free to join us at the park and put some faces to names on the forum.   

Hopefully, the waves will be GOOD we can all surf light headed.   

Also, this event is NOT a fundraiser.  If you want to help support finding a cure for childhood cancer you can CLICK ME to donate to St. Baldrick's Foundation.

-------------------------
"Don't count the days, make the days count." -Ali
#rydyrstrong

Edited: 02/26/2016 at 06:26 PM by CERTON
 02/26/2016 05:54 PM

sharkey

Joined Forum: 01/07/2009

I've got an brand new, never wet thruster set of lost MB1 fins with Futures sticker, fin catalog, and $84 retail price sticker on the fin case that I'll deliver to the 2nd Lighter who donates the most money to St. Baldarick's this weekend up to midnight on March 1st.

PM me and I'll make sure you get 'em no matter where you are.

02/29/2016 09:44 PM

chowda

Joined Forum: 02/28/2016

Only 10 spots left! Sign up and donate for a good cause! Go Rydyr! 

03/01/2016 03:49 AM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

Tim, ck pm's. We need to hoot up some olITA's posthaste too!!

ola ~

03/21/2016 04:54 PM

CERTON

All blood donation slots have been filled, thank you to any and all in the community supporting the cause.  

Looking forward to some fun waves, free shave ice, and good times for any who can make it out this weekend.      

#rydyrstrong
 03/22/2016 09:55 AM

TATTOO74

Joined Forum: 10/26/2005

Are they getting a second bus? Day late and a dollar short I guess. I was going to donate since i'm type O- and is pretty rare I think. I'll try n stop by either way.
 03/22/2016 07:44 PM

CERTON

^That's the universal donor blood type we'll make sure you get a spot on the bus!  

Also, I got your message on the miracle fruit being organic and Rydyr is anxious to try it out.  This cycle of chemo is wreaking havoc on his appetite and taste buds.

#rydyrstrong
 03/22/2016 09:27 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

O negative isn't especially rare, but it's very valuable due to the "universal donor" factor.  Here's the Red Cross's info sheet, though I'm bothered by their information on "Hispanics" whose ancestry can be from nearly anywhere. 

I ran into this story on extremely rare blood types.

03/23/2016 10:30 AM

TATTOO74

Originally posted by: CERTON ^That's the universal donor blood type we'll make sure you get a spot on the bus!  

Also, I got your message on the miracle fruit being organic and Rydyr is anxious to try it out.  This cycle of chemo is wreaking havoc on his appetite and taste buds.

I just sent you a PM, I have the miracle fruit. I'll be beachside later today. I live across the street from Paradise Bch. WW, I meant rare being I am screwed if I ever need blood!
 03/23/2016 07:40 PM

CERTON

Please bring the dulci berries on Saturday we'll try them on the spot, thank you for hooking that up.

Oneblood has added new time slots for additional donors... CLICK ME

Surf forecast is looking decent for Saturday too.

#rydyrstrong
 03/24/2016 06:20 AM

TATTOO74

Will do CERTON. I'l book a time slot later today once I figure out my schedule for Saturday.
 03/26/2016 04:40 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

TTT

Dora Hates You
 03/26/2016 11:36 AM

zoomino

Joined Forum: 08/19/2011

It was great to meet you and your family Tim.  Lân said we will wear the bracelets until Rydyr is cancer free.  Well wishes to your entire family GO RYDYR!!!!!!!!!!!

minh

Edited: 03/27/2016 at 11:31 AM by zoomino
 03/27/2016 07:27 PM

CERTON

Pleasure to meet you too, Rydyr was impressed with your boy's skim skills and what cool lil dude with such a great attitude good on you for raising him right.

I've been most impressed with how other kids around Rydyr's age show so much support and maturity when one of their own faces these kind of challenges.  The Edwards boys in the neighborhood made him a 'RYDYR SYRONG CHARGE ON' surfboard inscribed with a note and picture from each member of the family.  Al Rigney had 'RYDYR STRONG' custom printed on bars of wax we gave away with the arm bands.  A few people even shaved their heads after you guys left it was quite a show!

Thank you to all the friends, neighbors, family members, and strangers for your support and taking time out from your normal lives to contribute to something much bigger than Rydyr's illness.  

Matt B was smiling big with his son Jack in his arms and it turns out both his parents are Type O and donated too.  Good luck in Miami this week and keep us posted on your continued progress.  You've come a long way and it was good to see Kerm and Shari too.

Happy Easter!

#rydyrstrong
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .