Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Puerto Rico
Topic Summary: Things to do besides surf??
Created On: 02/11/2016 06:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/11/2016 06:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

samclean00

Joined Forum: 05/16/2011

Have been many times..

However this trip has a some extra people who do not surf.

Anybody have any insight on Island activities?

02/11/2016 07:14 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

the Waterfall (San Sebastion I think), San Juan old town, drive the scenic route through the middle of the island, eat at a local side road cafe (mmm mondongo!!).  I really liked the scenic drive through the middel of PR looks small on the map but takes a few hours.  El Yunque rainforest.  If you are up to it some towns in the middle of PR have rooster fights.

02/11/2016 07:24 AM

Julianuribe23

Joined Forum: 05/21/2012

Tamboo and all the bars near it are a greaaaaaat time during spring break

02/11/2016 07:25 AM

dan

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I'm in the same boat, my first time there was with "the guys" and all we did was surf but this time the family is coming so I am looking at some non-surf related stuff to do.  I found this site to have some interesting stuff.

http://www.mypuertoricoconcierge.com/?p=251

02/11/2016 08:01 AM

big rick

Joined Forum: 02/20/2005

drive around the island
visit ponce, go to el yunque, check out the Cultural de Caguas Botanical Garden,
check out old san juan, the bacardi distillery across the way from there, go to isla
de culebra, go to luquillo beach, Bioluminescent Bay in Fajardo, check out parador
villas del mar hau which isn't too far from playa jobos, check out some of the water
falls, go towards carolina when you get out of the airport... follow the road and
eventually, you'll get to Miguel Angel Coffee House Of PiƱones

thank me later for that one

drink fresh coconut water, look at all of the beautiful women, go to any side of the
road shack that you see someone cooking at and buy the food.

just explore everywhere you possibly can and enjoy the island as much as possible
it's a beautiful land and the people are amazing

-------------------------
hey, i don't know if you read this yet ----------> I <3 16streets.com

thank you Sean O'hare

Delicious beer comes from here
 02/11/2016 08:28 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

National Park Service has a nice guide to historic sites.  Hacienda Buena Vista near Ponce is recommended.  

02/11/2016 08:43 AM

ILM

Joined Forum: 04/08/2011

Head to Arecibo to Cueva Ventana (window cave) bring a small light for center of cave,  Camuy river is pretty cool if you are into underground caverns.  The waterfall near san sebastian is cool although could be a bit of a task for younger kids to get there if rained recently. park in teh guys front yard on the curve and give him 5$.    Horse back riding and snorkling at Shacks. 
 02/11/2016 09:36 AM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Has anyone went to the large telescope?  We went on a Tuesday and it was closed?  I think it would be jusy OK not great , maybe a tourist trap...anyone want to share htheir opinions on if it if worth the drive/$ to enter?

Also be careful of Big Rick's "check out the amazing women"  Although I am not "Big" Surfermic...Machismo is deeply rooted in PR's culture, seen a fight breakout at Jobos when a gringo tried chatting up a local's GF.  Dark sunglasses required.

Get off the beaten path and go explore PR is a HUGE island with friendly locals, I also "think" they have 4 wheeler offroad tours...that would be cool and get you into the deep mountains offroad.

02/11/2016 10:54 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Snorkel, fish, hang out on the beach. Experience Puerto Rican Rums. ( I am partial to Don Q Cristal ) Try some "gasolina" ( sold in grocery and convenience stores, its a mix of tequila, rum, vodka, with fruit juice in a soft package like a kids juice pak. )

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 02/11/2016 11:17 AM

TunnelVision

Joined Forum: 10/02/2003

pickup chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, or HIV
 02/11/2016 01:02 PM

SgtHulk

Joined Forum: 04/07/2011

leave those extra people at home.

02/11/2016 07:10 PM

mushyman

Joined Forum: 10/09/2013

San Sebastian water falls were nice, i climbed up and jumped off the first one. Grab Pizza at Junior Pizza in Jobos. Hang at the Ruins. Hang in Aguada and shop and enjoy a really good cup of coffee. Sunsets on the west side. Drive South to Rojo Cabo, enjoy the day down there. Check out guajataca tunnel. Playa Hermina has amazing sights as well...giant heads and homes carved into mountain sides...only our second day here, all while surfing tons...

Do you know what Wubba-LubbA-Dub-Dub means in BirdPerson language?
 02/11/2016 07:33 PM

KP

Joined Forum: 07/28/2006

Originally posted by: mushyman

San Sebastian water falls .

I 3rd that!!! I was so impressed at their efforts to keep the park clean. If it's not a corporate scenario. Feels like someone's property up in the hills that they maintain for people (mainly locals) to come and enjoy. It was very homey feel with friendly family's enjoying nature. Go early and you could be by yourself in nature.

Time and tide wait for no one.....
 02/13/2016 06:28 AM

ILM

Joined Forum: 04/08/2011

Best rum Ron Del Barillito 2 star,  3 star is good too but gets too caramelly.   Very unique flavor and never had a hangover from it.  

02/13/2016 08:37 AM

theslasher

Joined Forum: 06/16/2008

sounds like going with big rick is the tik!

02/13/2016 11:36 AM

surfnole

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Scuba diving, sailing, windsurfing, kitesurfing, paddleboarding, snorkeling. What part of PR?
 07/25/2016 11:45 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I just got back from a week long family vaca (i.e. no surfing). We enjoyed P.R. It was my first trip there. Its a good place to go to be a tourist. I'll probably go back in the winter when there is surf.

I'm currently suffering from Mofongo withdrawals...
 07/25/2016 11:54 AM

DaveFL76

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

the Arecebo telescope is pretty cool if you're into science. It's worth seeing. The visitors center is closed Mondays and Tuesdays. See it while you can because it sounds like there's not much funding left for it to stay open a whole lot longer.
 07/25/2016 01:08 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

One of my classmates' dads worked at the Arecibo 'scope, so we got a field trip.  First time I saw a clock with a digital readout.   By now, it's ancient.  China has a similar, bigger one.  

07/25/2016 06:24 PM

jettyparksurfer

Joined Forum: 07/25/2009

There are flights leavind daily from aguadilla and san juan so they have a couple options.

FORUMS : Surfing : Puerto Rico

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .