Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: URGENT....2-14y/o boys lost at sea
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/27/2015 09:13 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/28/2015 07:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

brandnewsurfstik

Joined Forum: 09/18/2006

All these people bashing the parents are apparently illiterate...they've said like five times that the boys weren't allowed to leave the inlet...learn how to read and give these parents a break...

-------------------------
poopsuit
 07/28/2015 07:54 AM

ClitEastwood

Joined Forum: 06/16/2015

my opinion has nothing to do with whether or not they were allowed to leave the inlet you simple minded twit, i wouldn't let them out in the rivers alone, not at 14.
 07/28/2015 09:55 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

^^^^^^ if I were using a childish brd name like that, I would pretty much refrain from passing judgment on anyone for damn near anything.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 07/28/2015 10:09 AM

sneetek

Joined Forum: 09/05/2006

So ok the parents should not let kids use the boat alone... period.... oh well... they did.... so fast forward.... these kids are probably better sea people than 90% of our site as that has been stated and I'm sure the parents arent that stupid.... tyhe kids broke the rules it happens.... if this were in the fishing thread and they had the 300lb grouper everyone would be praising them..... these kids are probably out all of the time and caught by nature.... could have happend to you stinky clit

SURFERS SUCK 

SHOOT THEM ONSITE

BICE CREW

07/28/2015 10:17 AM

schmidtstick

Joined Forum: 09/23/2003

Originally posted by: daner

I pray for these kids in what must be the most terrifying experience of their young lives. This is a forum for discussion however and I doubt anything we say here will be read by the parents and, if it is won't be anything they haven't heard or thought about themselves. But if there is one 14 year old reading these discussions or one parent in charge of young water man and they learn something that keeps them from getting into a similar situation, then maybe talking about mistakes made by both parents and the boys are not such a bad thing.

If they were such good watermen they should have known to stay with the boat. They'd probably be safe now. There is a good lesson that no matter how close land looks stay with the boat. You can't fight the gulf stream.

In the meantime lets do everything we can to help find them. Good job posting this thread PW.

This

There is nothing better than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?
 07/28/2015 12:44 PM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Un-confirmed report from a Captn in the Jupiter Inlet area that ALL boats were running hard to get to the inlet out of the ocean when the storm was brewing/off in the distance EXCEPT for one small boat with two young kids onboard heading straight out the inlet to sea.  Not sure if it is true

07/28/2015 01:14 PM

Sparky

Joined Forum: 02/09/2005

Guess I am a bad parent too. I let my teen agers run a boat too. They are much safer on the water than mixed up with all the idiots on land. Most boaters look out for another. You can rarely say that about all the ass wipes on land.

I hope they find those boys and they get a bigger boat and keep charging!!

07/28/2015 10:08 PM

Av8Surf

Joined Forum: 09/05/2014

So they found the Seacraft 67 miles offshore? if they are moving with the current, they will be way north now. 

Even a smart phone would show them the radar. Too bad they did head in. 

Also I would never buy a Seacraft. 

i wish for there return. 

Trading Surfboards for Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Send me Bitcoin 1Dk8oJnprZfvXGDfZpxkuoko8SSVf5Tpp2

Boards For Sale: SUPs 11 foot and 12 foot BRAND NEW. Fair prices.
 07/29/2015 05:29 AM

PigglyWiggly

Joined Forum: 06/29/2010

Originally posted by: Av8Surf So they found the Seacraft 67 miles offshore? if they are moving with the current, they will be way north now. 

Even a smart phone would show them the radar. Too bad they did head in. 

i wish for there return. 

The search is now concentrated in Georgia into South Carolina.

07/29/2015 07:17 AM

chopola

Joined Forum: 09/04/2004

Originally posted by: daner

You can't fight the gulf stream.

supposedly that football star did a while back, I'm still calling BS
 07/29/2015 08:40 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

The Gulf Stream flows parallel and even somewhat towards shore south of the Palm Beach/lake worth inlet.
Many Hatians and Cubans end up landing near Palm Beach.
It starts flowing away from shore north of the Palm Beach inlet.
 07/29/2015 08:56 AM

shapewright

Joined Forum: 07/18/2010

It's a tough one to figure out, a pal of mine that lost his engine in rough seas and spent 2 day a drift mulled over what might have happened.

A simple captsizing and they would have been able to stay with the boat ? A bad hunk of chop and both were bounced overboard and the boat throttled out of reach before it was captsized, were they wearing their PFD's ?

A parents nightmare, God be with them

07/29/2015 08:56 AM

havanabama

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

A simple EPIRB would have made all the difference in the world. ANY boat that goes out past the site of land should have one. I always have. Plus if I had a 14 year old who thought he knew about boats and swore he wouldn't go offshore, I'd for sure have an EPIRB on the boat, cause a 14er won't listen but is at least smart enough to turn an EPIRB on when the shit hits the fan.

Ah, religion, bigotry dressed up as morality.
 07/29/2015 11:10 AM

Arioch

Joined Forum: 09/14/2003

They were found

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7706851/ns/us_news/t/two-teens-rescued-after-days-adrift/#.VbkWUm9RF00

Nm I guess it was two other boys. Thats crazy

Edited: 07/29/2015 at 11:16 AM by Arioch
 07/29/2015 11:34 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: Arioch They were found

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7706851/ns/us_news/t/two-teens-rescued-after-days-adrift/#.VbkWUm9RF00

Nm I guess it was two other boys. Thats crazy

Brilliant in a very sick and twisted way.... whoever started circulating that 10 year old news on social media.

Been chuckling at it all afternoon, can't help myself.

07/29/2015 11:41 AM

tingo

Joined Forum: 09/22/2004

That story had me all pumped up until I started reading it. What a let down.

Maybe people posted it as a way to show there is hope.

07/29/2015 06:42 PM

TyroneShoelaces

Joined Forum: 07/27/2009

Originally posted by: Av8Surf  

uhhh older Seacraft is probably the most sought after hull there is. I'd take one in a second. Very capable hull design.Beautiful riding boats, when they are hull side down. 

I wonder if the kids didn't break down. Why would the engine cover be off? Maybe couldn't get it started and storm came through and boat got swamped and turtled. So tragic.  

07/29/2015 08:16 PM

colesurfin

Joined Forum: 03/30/2010

Originally posted by: ClitEastwood my opinion has nothing to do with whether or not they were allowed to leave the inlet you simple minded twit, i wouldn't let them out in the rivers alone, not at 14.

Im not sure why people keep making a huge deal about these boys being 14 years old. There are plenty of educated kids that age running boats with more knowledge than most of the people around this area who come out for labor day weekend, fourth of july etc.. This kind of tragedy could have happened to any age person not knowing how quickly an afternoon thunderstorm can turn the ocean into a dangerous situation. And for someone to say that this was bad parenting is beyond me. Kids these days can't hide behind their smartphones until they get out of the house.

YES an SOS EPIRB would have been a great thing to have on the boat, but with not expecting their boys to be offshore this was NOT a concern at the time. This is a tragedy and thats that. All there is to do now is hope for the best and hope the boys have some serious determination to fight through this.  

07/29/2015 08:44 PM

Av8Surf

Joined Forum: 09/05/2014

Many times a leaking bait well pipe or bilge pump fitting below the water line breaks.  It something that happens a lot and few prepare for. Especially old boats. 

I would be surprised the seas got so rough to turtle the boat. There was no swell. maybe a funnel cloud. 

14 years olds brains aren't developed enough to predict bad outcomes. With that said, I would let my 14 year take a proper newer boat out, with the right communication gear. One call on 16 or 911 and this would all be avoided. 

Trading Surfboards for Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Send me Bitcoin 1Dk8oJnprZfvXGDfZpxkuoko8SSVf5Tpp2

Boards For Sale: SUPs 11 foot and 12 foot BRAND NEW. Fair prices.
 07/29/2015 09:50 PM

Bev

Joined Forum: 02/14/2015

oh ya, the man ^ with all the answers.  

however, what is it you think others with reason think of the one who could make this statement? quote "14 years old brains aren't developed enough to predict bad outcomes. With that said, I would let my 14 year old take a proper newer boat out," wHAt?? 

FORUMS : Surfing : URGENT....2-14y/o boys lost at sea

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .