Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: First Peak Project
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/19/2015 09:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/26/2016 05:27 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The core must have been added when the new jetty was built, but you are missing my point: There was no core when the waves were good.

Worm rock? You are going to attach worm rock to the jetty? I am seriously missing something here, can you post a direct link to your site?

-------------------------
I was right.

Edited: 08/26/2016 at 05:36 AM by Cole
 08/26/2016 07:18 AM

Tiptime

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

The jetty is deftly lacking Phragmatopoma caudata AKA worm rock. more of this between the pilings would help create the bounce.

The Wavecaster
 08/26/2016 10:55 AM

TheFirstPeakProject

Joined Forum: 01/12/2016

Yes Tiptime!  Now this is exactly what we're talking about.  Let's bounce.

Originally posted by: Tiptime The jetty is deftly lacking Phragmatopoma caudata AKA worm rock. more of this between the pilings would help create the bounce.

The First Peak Project is a 501(c)(3) public benefit organization whose mission is to restore the legendary wave First Peak at Sebastian Inlet to its former glory. 

www.firstpeak.org

08/26/2016 11:35 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: TunnelVision

I dont understand a single thing about that site or video. not a single thing.

TunnelVision LOL!!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 08/26/2016 01:06 PM

Ppeterson

Joined Forum: 09/15/2011

Outstanding.  Now we are going to mine some environmentally essential substrate so we can stick it under the jetty.  But everyone complains (rightfully so) when they propose to cover it up for a beach nourishment.  Makes no sense.  Pipe dream is right.

08/26/2016 01:38 PM

Cole

The inlet is within worm reef habitat, yet is doesn't flourish there.

Is it salinity sensitive?

I was right.
 08/26/2016 01:48 PM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

off subject I know, but my wife just cracked up mucho at your sig there Cole! Thanks brah!, laugh'in wife's, make the world go 'roun!

ola ~

08/26/2016 01:54 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

The inlet is within worm reef habitat, yet is doesn't flourish there.

Is it salinity sensitive?

I recall there used to be some build up there but think between the storms/rebuild it was destroyed. Tip or someone else who has also spent a lot of time there can confirm.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 08/26/2016 04:50 PM

Cole

I remember some too and I think there is still a little on the bases of the pilings, but there must be some reason it's not more prevalent.

I was right.
 09/07/2016 10:54 AM

TheFirstPeakProject

Grow [verb] to increase by natural development, as any living organism or part by assimilation of nutriment; increase in size or substance.

Originally posted by: Ppeterson Outstanding.  Now we are going to mine grow (fpp) some environmentally essential substrate so we can stick it under the jetty.  But everyone complains (rightfully so) when they propose to cover it up for a beach nourishment.  Makes no sense.  Pipe dream is right.

The First Peak Project is a 501(c)(3) public benefit organization whose mission is to restore the legendary wave First Peak at Sebastian Inlet to its former glory. 

www.firstpeak.org

09/07/2016 08:21 PM

Cole

It's already there and doesn't grow, that's the point.

And where is the concrete support you were going on about. I looked on Sunday and it's rocks...just like it's always been.

Come on man, seriously, are you joking with us?

I was right.
 12/01/2016 11:13 AM

TheFirstPeakProject

Naw man, we're real.

Check out the new website.

Originally posted by: Cole It's already there and doesn't grow, that's the point. And where is the concrete support you were going on about. I looked on Sunday and it's rocks...just like it's always been. Come on man, seriously, are you joking with us?

www.firstpeak.org

12/01/2016 12:07 PM

Cole

What's the parent name of your charity? I don't see First Peak Project on the charity navigator.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?keyword_list=first+peak+project&Submit2=Search&bay=search.results

I was right.
 12/01/2016 12:12 PM

skatensurf

Joined Forum: 09/28/2006

Originally posted by: Cole

What's the parent name of your charity? I don't see First Peak Project on the charity navigator.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?keyword_list=first+peak+project&Submit2=Search&bay=search.results

Looks like this is them.. Link

I don't see him claiming to be a charity anywhere?
 12/01/2016 12:29 PM

TheFirstPeakProject

The First Peak Foundation, Inc.

It takes the IRS a few months to update the online verification database which feeds down to all other charity types searches and websites. Waiting for the determination was long enough, their database update can happen when it happens.

We're also 501c3 verified through Paypal.  It's all legit.

Make sure you fully understand tax deductions and how they connect with the standard deduction before donating if this really bugs you.

www.firstpeak.org

12/01/2016 04:45 PM

Cole

Just making sure the money goes where it is supposed to go.

Everyone should research before they donate. There are a ton of scams out there.

I was right.
 12/02/2016 05:42 AM

ClaimingDFL

Joined Forum: 01/18/2004

Cole, I feel like the discussion kind of moved away from your questions about the "core" under the jetty. I think you may be thinking that "core" means solid concrete, but in this case it's actually the rock that is piled in between the old jetty legs for the length of the structure. That stuff has always been there and I have watched many folks over the years walk along it at low tide (both before and after the new jetty construction). Seems like the biggest challenge with the worm rock idea is the gap that's there to fill between the new pier pilings. The old pier pilings sat relatively close to the "core" rock that was directly behind them. As a result, the worm rock could attach to the surface of the rocks and grow outward as well as the pier pilings on either side of what used to be much smaller gaps. With the new outer pier pilings, the worm rock really only has their vertical concrete surface to hang onto. It has to grow side-to-side and then quite a ways backward to completely fill the gap and still have solid support that was available in the original jetty's configuration. The photo below (from firstpeak.org) illustrates all of the above. You can see the new pilings in the foreground, old pilings in the background, and rock "core" directly behind them.

Edited: 12/02/2016 at 06:20 AM by ClaimingDFL
 12/02/2016 11:58 AM

TheFirstPeakProject

www.firstpeak.org

12/02/2016 04:03 PM

ClaimingDFL

Joined Forum: 01/18/2004

Great photo! Ladies and gentlemen, want to know where the wedge at first peak went? Here's your answer: It's stuck here, in between the new and old pilings!
Originally posted by: TheFirstPeakProject

12/03/2016 06:26 AM

Cole

FPP was saying it's a solid core, I knew it was rocks. I walked them at low tide looking for lures when I was a kid. The new jetty was built over the old one, the middle is still the same rocks that have always been there.

I was right.
FORUMS : Surfing : First Peak Project

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .