Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: El Salvador info needed
Topic Summary: 8 of us; Hotel suggestions? maybe around K59/61 area
Created On: 01/20/2015 10:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/20/2015 10:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

surfnmlb

Joined Forum: 02/16/2011

Planning to go down around the end of March. Budget is low to medium, but looking for a safe place. Any suggestions?

01/20/2015 11:10 AM

NorthJettySurf

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

8 pack!?! OUFFFFFFFFFF

-------------------------
____/\___\o/____ AHHH a SHARK!!!
 01/20/2015 11:10 AM

ootrucstopoo

Joined Forum: 01/09/2006

Went down there Oct 2 years ago. We got a private cab from the airports to El Tunco and surf La Punta Roca. We would take a bus from El Tunco(San Zul) for about $.25-.50.....8 people is a lot of people to go on a trip with so I would be extremely carefully.
 01/20/2015 11:43 AM

phreshmango

Joined Forum: 12/05/2005

http://www.k59surftours.com/ Edgar/Louis are the contacts

Can be hard to communicate with but never has failed us. Been there a few times, right in front of the break. Best spot IMO. 50 min from airport, picks you up, in the water in an hour. Beer waiting for you when you get out. Great food and service. Rooms A/C and very decent. You can also go surf the other breaks anytime you want, $10 per person per trip.
 01/20/2015 12:00 PM

RogueSurfer

Joined Forum: 01/20/2015

In june of 2006 I stayed at the house right on K59 which I believe is ran by K59 surf tours.  Although it was not the cheapest accomidations it was definetly worth the extra money.  They had surf guides that would take you to the local spots and make sure you didnt find yourself in trouble with the local locos. 

While I was down there I saw a kid leave his board on the beach out front of the house ( outside of the gate of the property) for less than 10 minutes before the board was snatched by a local gang memeber.  They (employees of the camp) knew who it was but were to afraid of the gang to even ask for it back. 

I also talked to a guy that was roughing it staying in La Libertad at a hotel for 5 or 10 dollars a night.  He said he was walking back to his hotel at dusk after a session and had a crack head stab his surf board with a machete while trying to rob him. 

But I also spoke to another american that stayed in cheap spots and had no issues.  He was by himself and pretty spanish looking. 

The waves down there are great but spending a little extra for security could greatly pay off in the long run.  Good luck!

01/20/2015 01:04 PM

tingo

Joined Forum: 09/22/2004

...are you Brazilian???

bwaa HaHaha lol......

01/20/2015 01:07 PM

CERTON

Joined Forum: 04/22/2011

This spot is on my list for this year but not for end of March

"Don't count the days, make the days count." -Ali
#rydyrstrong
 01/20/2015 01:17 PM

TipTyme

Joined Forum: 12/20/2013

Check out Mizata Point Resort- 10 min from K 59 and its super easy to arrange transport a few times a day from there if you like - George, the owner, is really nice and the food is unbeatable...Oh yea, Mizata point happens to be its own little Right Point break that hardly anyone around there goes to. It has the potential to get really good and you have basically exclusive access to it in the mornings. As for safety, theres armed guards who work tirelessly around the clock. I swear I don't work for them; I just had a really good time!

01/20/2015 05:38 PM

surfnmlb

Joined Forum: 02/16/2011

Thanks guys !

01/30/2015 10:23 AM

CERTON

El Salvador = BOOKED

Word is where we're going makes you forget CR even exists

#rydyrstrong
 01/30/2015 02:36 PM

surfnole

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

http://www.k59surftours.com/ Edgar/Louis are the contacts Can be hard to communicate with but never has failed us. Been there a few times, right in front of the break. Best spot IMO. 50 min from airport, picks you up, in the water in an hour. Beer waiting for you when you get out. Great food and service. Rooms A/C and very decent. You can also go surf the other breaks anytime you want, $10 per person per trip.
Edgard screwed us one year. The first trip there went off without a hitch although sometimes Edgard would not return calls or emails. The second time we booked with Edgard, he emailed us about two-three weeks before the trip and told us he no longer had room at the hotel. He told us he would find us another place, but he never did, and he never replied to subsequent phone calls and email. We ended up going to Las Flores area instead. We heard he had a bigger group take over most of his hotel so he kicked us out. We figured if his hotel was completely full, plus the other places nearby, we wanted to surf elsewhere.
 03/17/2015 10:46 AM

CERTON

very solid pulse of pacific side central american surf all next week for the lucky ones...  

#rydyrstrong
 03/17/2015 11:01 AM

windstev

Joined Forum: 11/18/2004

I know a guy with a private house overlooking a popular spot down there...its reasonable but only sleeps 6...so if you shed some fat...I can hook you up

Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .