Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: SAVE THE PIER!
Topic Summary: a landmark bites the dust...
Created On: 10/23/2014 09:07 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/23/2014 09:07 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

i heard today, from an inside source,
that there are plans to
knock down the cocoa beach pier.

any reliable information?

Edited: 10/24/2014 at 03:34 PM by sandi
 10/23/2014 09:10 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Anyone remember the South Beach pier, how bout the Haulover Pier, Sunny Isles Pier??? Patrick Pier?

Will we one day remember The Cocoa Bch pier? stay tuned....

Are piers an endangered structure? Save the pier?

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 10/23/2014 09:23 AM

seadragon

Joined Forum: 08/01/2004

They're not going to give up the property that extends out into the ocean- it's one of the few that does in Cocoa Beach (check the Property Appraiser maps). My guess is that they are probably improving the structure because it desperately needs it if they want to keep it around and do the projects they have projected for the future.
Obviously, Westgate has a vested interest in keeping the Pier alive, or they wouldn't have paid for it. But, it needs renovation. Don't jump to conclusions before considering all the motives.
No, I'm not especially a fan of developers, and no, I don't work for Westgate.
 10/23/2014 09:36 AM

coastiesurfer

Joined Forum: 03/07/2011

They need to do something with that place. In fact, all of cocoa beach needs a face lift. 

10/23/2014 09:56 AM

freesurfs

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

rumor
WG knows the pier is the attraction
They are still remodeling much of it.

... positioning and selection
 10/23/2014 12:46 PM

Wedgefield

Joined Forum: 12/18/2003

will be rebuilt eventually... "way longer with a kink for better wave break" from what I remember reading awhile back.
 10/23/2014 12:57 PM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Originally posted by: coastiesurfer In fact, all of cocoa beach needs a face lift. 

I hope you like a Disney boutique, cuz that's what it's gonna look like when it's all said and done.

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 10/23/2014 01:28 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The Disney Pier. Admission will $30 for Florida residents with a valid license and entrance fee will include a free half shirt with Disney Pier logo.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/23/2014 01:29 PM

coastiesurfer

So bob, you would much rather keep the strip clubs, section 8 housing, dive bars, etc. rather than have a few Mickey mouse stores? Take a quick ride to NSB and see the difference in beach towns and their housing market. I'll take "disney boutique" any day over the garbage ccb has to offer. 

10/23/2014 02:16 PM

Ppeterson

Joined Forum: 09/15/2011

There are no plans to tear it down.  Go to FDEP Beaches and Shores and research the recently submitted Coastal Construction Conrol Line (CCCL) permit application. Intersting how rumors abound without a little research.
 10/23/2014 02:32 PM

bob3000

Originally posted by: coastiesurfer So bob, you would much rather keep the strip clubs, section 8 housing, dive bars, etc. rather than have a few Mickey mouse stores?
well of course, i said exactly that, didn't i? uhh... no that is not what i said. 0/5 & put some other words in my mouth, and try again.

10/23/2014 02:32 PM

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

Not to add fuel to the flame, but since we are on the topic, what about the other pier that was proposed? When's that one going to happen?

10/23/2014 02:35 PM

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

Originally posted by: bob3000
Originally posted by: coastiesurfer So bob, you would much rather keep the strip clubs, section 8 housing, dive bars, etc. rather than have a few Mickey mouse stores?
well of course, i said exactly that, didn't i? uhh... no that is not what i said. 0/5 & put some other words in my mouth, and try again.

What about Minnie Mouse Strip clubs? Did you say anything about that? LOL.

10/23/2014 02:38 PM

gonebutnotforlong

I happen to spend quite a bit of money in Disney Boutiques.  Would much rather drive 20 minutes north with my wallet than over to Lake Buena Vista.  Right now the only Disney money I fork over in Brevard is sailing on their cruise ships.  

10/23/2014 03:22 PM

coastiesurfer

So which one would you rather have bob? Strip clubs or disney boutiques? Which would be better for the area? Which would most likely bring jobs? Which one would you rather have your kids grow up seeing around their town? I'm not trying to put any words in anybody's mouth. Simply answering a question with a question. Although, Minnie mouse strip club....

10/23/2014 04:58 PM

Pocketman

Joined Forum: 06/13/2007

I went to a great new years eve party there, back in 1987 and got ripped out-of-my-skull. Skeeter will save the pier, but he needs to git on up to the outer banks, come on boy, yeeeeehaaaaw.
 10/23/2014 05:40 PM

bob3000

Originally posted by: coastiesurfer So which one would you rather have bob? Strip clubs or disney boutiques? Which would be better for the area? Which would most likely bring jobs? Which one would you rather have your kids grow up seeing around their town? I'm not trying to put any words in anybody's mouth. Simply answering a question with a question. Although, Minnie mouse strip club....[IMG][/IMG]
what i think does not matter....whats gonna happen is gonna happen...i dont live there anymore , it 's a great place to be from ...& still can be a nice place to visit.

10/23/2014 08:46 PM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

any facts?

inside information?

is the pier history?
 10/24/2014 01:07 AM

seadragon

Joined Forum: 08/01/2004

The most reliable information will come from the City itself, and is best acquired during a public meeting such as a City Meeting where it is covered and recorded by Sunshine Laws. Contact the City Clerk to get in the loop at: cityclerk@cityofcocoabeach.com. The City Clerk will help get you on a subscription list that will keep you apprised of the goings on in the City. The next Commision meeting is the 20th of November at 7 PM according to the calendar. If you are a resident, make plans on being there, or appoint a representative to ask questions on your behalf. I remember so many items just slipping through the system due to apathy of lack of citizen concern until it was too late (different City- no I was a grunt worker, not elected).
www.cityofcocoabeach.org
 10/24/2014 04:52 AM

bob3000

Originally posted by: coastiesurfer I'm not trying to put any words in anybody's mouth. Simply answering a question with a question. IMG]i/expressions/beer.gif" border="0[/IMG]
I'm pretty sure my post was not a question. &

FORUMS : Surfing : SAVE THE PIER!

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .