Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Halloween Hype Thread
Topic Summary: Not Scary Big But...
Created On: 10/23/2014 07:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/23/2014 07:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Looking like some potential for late next week.

-------------------------
Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

10/24/2014 07:03 AM

daner

Another weekend swell...

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

10/24/2014 07:56 AM

long_flaco1

Joined Forum: 09/25/2003

Hype > Hope!?!?! Yessssss!

SK8 AND DESTROY
 10/24/2014 09:46 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/24/2014 07:10 PM

HIPPY1

Joined Forum: 02/19/2004

Originally posted by: johnnyboy 1991
Biggest ever!!!!

It's not how big the wave is! It's how you surf it!

Primus sucks!
PLayalinda sucks!!!!

GO BRONCOS!!

The #1 cause of accidental death 4 yrs and younger is drowning!! 407-855-SAFE!!! infantswim.com
 10/26/2014 08:53 AM

Lounge-A-Rama

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I was working on the island in Palm Beach at the time, I forget the exact timeline, but as I recall it, I walked down to the end of the street Friday afternoon (maybe it was Thursday) I'd never, ever seen it that big anywhere. The house on the south side of the street facing the beach had like a boathouse, but it wasn't a boathouse, more like a cottage. Very high, above sea level. And the waves looking out to the horizon were ever so much higher. I climbed on top of the cottage and the waves were higher! Didn't surf until that Saturday, much smaller, but still HUGE at Hobe Sound!

Life is a garden*Dig it!
 10/26/2014 09:41 AM

PepperDeath

Joined Forum: 09/27/2014

I was 2 at the time, but yall sparked my curiosity and I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFkIUiBaZQQ

They said 17ft @ 22s. And the footage is pretty unreal.

Unfortunatley, from looks today (a week out), We'll have to wait until the calendar says November for just maybe a 1/3 of that.

'Out of step' - Ian Mackaye

10/26/2014 12:30 PM

daner

yea the swell is looking like the onset of VAS.

10/26/2014 02:17 PM

Steve T

Joined Forum: 01/10/2004

10/26/2014 02:21 PM

dkaye

Joined Forum: 08/19/2007

lol...

https://www.instagram.com/dj_kaye_/

10/27/2014 07:06 AM

tingo

Joined Forum: 09/22/2004

I Know its an old topic but.

Allow me to venture to say it was biggest in Boynton Beach(I can hear you laughing). It was only a few feet overhead in the morning and the Boynton inlet was perfect but the current was 100mph.

So a buddy of mine and I walked 1/2 mile down the beach so by the time we got out we would be in the mouth of the inlet where it was absolutley dredging. 

I was almost out when I took the first big set to reach Palm Beach County directly on the head and it buckled my board. You could have fit three school busses in the tube and the lip was four feet thick. I saw it coming and i said to my friend Holy shit thats gonna land right on our heads. He said good luck and he swam for the bottom. I was too afraid to let go of my board but faster than instantly I got blown off. So I start to paddle in when I realize the jetty is coming before I can reach the beach. I take two huge white waters on the head and now Im almost next to the jetty ready to be lodged in it. In a last moment of clarity I remove my leash and paddle for the pump house as fast as I can and  hold on to an I-beam support. I take another huge white water while bear huggy the barnacle encrusted beam. The wave passes and i climb up the I beam then up the pump hose itself and over to the pump house building, jump the fence and land on the jetty at the same moment some buddys are standing on the jetty watching the waves and they scold me and said I should have known better than paddel out next to the jetty. I was too happy to be alive to say anything plus I had to get my board where ever it was. I found it in two pieces. Ill never forget it

10/27/2014 01:23 PM

daner

Halloween Hype.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/surfers-like-getting-dressed-up-for-halloween-too/vi-BBblvpN

10/27/2014 01:31 PM

BLat

Joined Forum: 10/28/2010

^^Now that's a story.

Not as exciting when it comes to jettys and pump houses but I remember during Sandy down in Delray Beach my buddy and I paddled out on that Friday of the peaking swell at the wayyy North end of Delray beach, almost G.Bush Blvd. We finally made it out past the breaking sets after drifting past the Marriot hotel on atlantic ave and both of us were hesitant to take any waves bc we had never seen waves move that fast, it was nearly impossible to paddle into with our standard performance shortboards. So we finally drifted past south end (~1mi of drift so far) and we both said, Fuck it we need to go for one, and my buddy went for the next set and cleary didnt make it. Of course due to murpheys law the next set is even bigger and breaking even further out...i say a prayer for my buddy in the impact zone and scratch for the horizon until I make it over the next set of elephants - turn around - buddy is nowhere to be seen - figure its time to call this moronic session a wash and try and take a small one in. We had drifted nearly to Highland bch at this point and i catch a wave in, make the drop, and belly board the whitewash all the way to the beach. The first thing I see on the beach is the nose of my buddy's board snapped clean in half...oh f*ck - start running back up North to ask some bystanders if they saw another surfer in the water. they said they saw us drifting down and saw one of us take a set on the head but haven't seen him wash up on shore yet. a mild panic sets in, nearly just before I decide to call some help for search & rescue I see my buddy come walking out of the dunes with half of his board strapped to his ankle - we both praised sweet baby jesus and went to the bar...I'll never forget that "session"

the next 3 days unfolded with the best FL surf I've ever seen

10/27/2014 03:04 PM

SunriseSurfer

tingo ...

...hell of a story. Gave me tingos ...ahh tingles as I read it.

"... another huge white water while bear huggy the barnacle encrusted beam. ..." ...

OUCH

Puerto Rico 11 - 24 - 2013
 10/28/2014 01:30 PM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Originally posted by: long_flaco1 Hype > Hope!?!?! Yessssss!
i second that emoticon, X 2 & raise you a & good call, daner. Everyone go to epicenter-nsb!!!

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 10/28/2014 02:27 PM

SunriseSurfer

road trip ?

epicenter ??

If the forecast holds true, I may be

"On The Road Again" for Sat, Sun, and
for sure on Monday,
( overnight Sunday night ?? ) ....if ....that's IF this holds true.
(remember daylight saving time change)

You decide
c'mon hype !!

Puerto Rico 11 - 24 - 2013
 10/29/2014 04:28 AM

onebuck

Joined Forum: 01/27/2008

Originally posted by: SunriseSurfer road trip ? epicenter ?? If the forecast holds true, I may be "On The Road Again" for Sat, Sun, and for sure on Monday, ( overnight Sunday night ?? ) ....if ....that's IF this holds true. (remember daylight saving time change) You decide c'mon hype !!

10/29/2014 04:46 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

I like how that forecast tells you what is the best board to ride. LOL.
 10/29/2014 06:03 AM

daner

Originally posted by: Central Floridave I like how that forecast tells you what is the best board to ride. LOL.

7S must be one of the site sponsors...

10/29/2014 12:20 PM

Waverider969

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Any one want to comment why the reports for Ft. Pierce on SwellInfo are saying clean WNW for Saturday through Monday  while spots just to north and south are wind blown. Odd. I don't buy it!

FORUMS : Surfing : Halloween Hype Thread

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .