Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Best Surf Cams for FL
Topic Summary: What do you use?
Created On: 10/22/2014 04:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/22/2014 04:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Av8Surf

Joined Forum: 09/05/2014

Right now Im using Surfguru.com and love the site but alot of the cams are down.  Surfline charges 69/yr or 13/month.

I have also found these:

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/boardheads2/surfcams.html

http://magicseaweed.com/Florida-Live-Surf-Webcams/20/

If I had a condo on the beach I would definately stream.

Cams should be stickied.

-------------------------
Trading Surfboards for Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Send me Bitcoin 1Dk8oJnprZfvXGDfZpxkuoko8SSVf5Tpp2

Boards For Sale: SUPs 11 foot and 12 foot BRAND NEW. Fair prices.
 10/22/2014 06:21 PM

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

You don't need the cams, if you know how to check the bouys. You can also check 16streets for a daily morning pic report and Wavecaster for the Indiatlantic area, but the best way is just to get out there and check it yourself. Plus with the cams the surf always look small anyways.

10/22/2014 06:49 PM

Pablote

Joined Forum: 07/19/2009

oh, that was helpful^~ If cams are what works for your lifestyle, I'd suggest just paying the 69 and using surfguru too, Tip's site, and Mr. Bob Freemans site. That'll probably help you make the decsion to go or no. cheers!
 10/22/2014 07:48 PM

TunnelVision

Joined Forum: 10/02/2003

I agree - dont trust the cams. It can look awful on cams when it is actually very good. Might be in between sets, or bad tide. Know the buoys, the tides, and which breaks do good on which type of swell and tide
 10/23/2014 03:50 AM

STR8SHOOTR

Joined Forum: 07/16/2013

I use Surfline. Its not just cams it has forecasts, bouy reports,updates, the whole nine yards. Definitely worth the $ IMO

PRAY for Waves!!!

10/23/2014 05:11 AM

dan

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

What's that one up in CC?  Twopalms or something....it's OK but doesn't show a wide shot, very focused in on one section.....but it's something.I don't trust many cams or reports anyway, I like putting eyes on it.  I'm not a total weather nerd but if you ask me it's generally pretty easy to tell what's going on with the waves based on listening to a VHF weather radio, they are cheap and offer a wealth of information.
 10/23/2014 06:44 AM

Tiptime

Surfline by far has the best live cams plus has rewind options

The Wavecaster
 10/23/2014 06:50 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

yep, what tip said. 69 bucks is not that much. I will admit that I have given my log in to a few people. I change the password after awhile. Surfline is great for places that have swells that come from far away and do not have wind conditions that change by the hour. The locals in Fla have it on surfline for forecasting.
thanks to tip...et all.....

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 10/23/2014 06:51 AM

Jack'

Joined Forum: 04/27/2005

I use two palms freemans and surf gurus to get an idea of the surf. Also use apps for my phone Wisuki, Buoy weather, and Live Weather also are good apps.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
 10/23/2014 08:29 AM

Sector9surf

Originally posted by: Pablote oh, that was helpful^~ If cams are what works for your lifestyle, I'd suggest just paying the 69 and using surfguru too, Tip's site, and Mr. Bob Freemans site. That'll probably help you make the decsion to go or no. cheers!

I'm just saying that the cams aren't always your best option. I've skipped many good days of surf because I checked the cam and thought it looked too small or the other way around and went surfing on crappy days. Surfguru and Bob Freeman's are the same cam I think. I don't recall the wavecaster having a cam,(which is tiptimes report, I think) but maybe he does. If you're headed way south I think Sebastian Inlet has a cam too. I'm sure there are a few cams in Satellite Beach or Melbourne.

10/23/2014 09:04 AM

FlatFloridaSurf

Joined Forum: 08/03/2011

http://www.sebastianinletcam.com/

10/23/2014 09:42 AM

Tiptime

Originally posted by: Sector9surf
Originally posted by: Pablote oh, that was helpful^~ If cams are what works for your lifestyle, I'd suggest just paying the 69 and using surfguru too, Tip's site, and Mr. Bob Freemans site. That'll probably help you make the decsion to go or no. cheers!

I'm just saying that the cams aren't always your best option. I've skipped many good days of surf because I checked the cam and thought it looked too small or the other way around and went surfing on crappy days. Surfguru and Bob Freeman's are the same cam I think. I don't recall the wavecaster having a cam,(which is tiptimes report, I think) but maybe he does. If you're headed way south I think Sebastian Inlet has a cam too. I'm sure there are a few cams in Satellite Beach or Melbourne.

That's right No live Cam owned by the Wavecaster, but plenty of good links, cams are good for a round about visual but if you don't know the area/location sandbars you can be skunked

The Wavecaster
 10/23/2014 09:54 AM

freesurfs

SurfGuru's cam is mid-way up the pier on the S side.
Mine (partnered with Surfline since 1999) is top of the last restaurant looking out over the S and N sides of the pier. A 3 minute program scans back and forth.

... positioning and selection
 10/23/2014 11:26 AM

ReedBeach

Joined Forum: 09/28/2007

I signed up for the Surfline 2 week free trial and then missed my cancel day. I was bummed until the swell that hit CA a few months ago. I hooked my laptop up to my TV and watched Wedge shorebreak. wow....  Not sure i'll sign up when my year is up. It is a bit expensive.

10/23/2014 12:38 PM

Av8Surf

Joined Forum: 09/05/2014

My friend got a surfline login. Has a great Cocoa Pier cam. But the 69 does seem high. I would be in for half that if someone wants to split a membership. Cams are great for finding a general area to target. If I had a condo on the beach I would stream. It doesnt cost anything.

Trading Surfboards for Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Send me Bitcoin 1Dk8oJnprZfvXGDfZpxkuoko8SSVf5Tpp2

Boards For Sale: SUPs 11 foot and 12 foot BRAND NEW. Fair prices.
 10/23/2014 12:50 PM

Pablote

Joined Forum: 07/19/2009

19 cents a day
 10/23/2014 02:37 PM

Sector9surf

^All we need is one subscription. We can split up among all the 2ndlight members and it would only cost us about 1 penny/ day.

10/23/2014 03:37 PM

SunriseSurfer

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

That's BS !!
Pay for your own damn subscription.
I do. LOL

What is it??? $69/yr
For me, just the cost of doing buisness...ahh, surfing.
Just like the parking stickers.

Ohh hell....how much does a golfer pay each time he plays a round of golf ... 16 holes?
$20 - $30 ?? you mean....each week if I play weekly??

How much do you pay each time for a surf session?

I'm going surfing

Puerto Rico 11 - 24 - 2013
 10/23/2014 04:22 PM

Sector9surf

Originally posted by: SunriseSurfer That's BS !! Pay for your own damn subscription. I do. LOL What is it??? $69/yr For me, just the cost of doing buisness...ahh, surfing. Just like the parking stickers. Ohh hell....how much does a golfer pay each time he plays a round of golf ... 16 holes? $20 - $30 ?? you mean....each week if I play weekly?? How much do you pay each time for a surf session? I'm going surfing

If I have to pay for the extra food I eat, then probably about $20/ session. But it doesn't cost me anything when I have time to stop at the homeless shelter.

10/24/2014 01:35 PM

freesurfs

quickie views on Surfline's cams are free

... positioning and selection
FORUMS : Surfing : Best Surf Cams for FL

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .