Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Surfing with Sunglasses
Topic Summary: What are my choices?
Created On: 10/21/2014 12:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/21/2014 12:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Av8Surf

Joined Forum: 09/05/2014

My retinas are burning! Especially during those sunrise sessions.

What are my options either with a strap or floating glasses? Is there anti fog product?

I heard about Bombers floating sunglasses with foam taped to inside. Still could lose those. 

Thanks in advance? 

-------------------------
Trading Surfboards for Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Send me Bitcoin 1Dk8oJnprZfvXGDfZpxkuoko8SSVf5Tpp2

Boards For Sale: SUPs 11 foot and 12 foot BRAND NEW. Fair prices.
 10/21/2014 12:31 PM

jeff kennedy

Joined Forum: 09/30/2004

Welcome to the forum. Most of the topics you are posting have been discussed at great length. Please use the search forum to lookup said topics before another repost. Yes there is info on Costa Rica and who makes the best board etc. Enjoy!

www.happyponysurf.com
 10/21/2014 12:53 PM

Av8Surf

Thanks for the welcome aboard. 

I did a search and the last post was in 2009. Look for more relevant options.

10/21/2014 01:20 PM

jeff kennedy

http://www.2ndlight.com/fuseta...=sunglass Heres what I do. Park my truck at cheats, put on my sea specs, and surf the pier til I see Walker and then well head north to KSC. Thread is from 2012. same info as 2009 and now. Sunglasses don't change much. Even if the thread is old you can post to the topic which will make it relevant and also keeps the useful info more linearly? available... Oh yeah, Welcome!

www.happyponysurf.com

Edited: 10/21/2014 at 01:30 PM by jeff kennedy
 10/21/2014 01:26 PM

Tiptime

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Don't surf without them anymore, you only have two eye's, protect them end if story!!

The Wavecaster
 10/21/2014 01:26 PM

dropsolo

I second the use of search button before posting on certain topics. I've lurked in another forum that had a pinned list at the top of the page listing faux paw topics. Might be something to consider. I mean I'll say it now> I give it a month till the ol "which wetsuit?" Topic pops up.

I type on fone 99% of time. Let the typos slyde. Thanks
 10/21/2014 01:42 PM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Originally posted by: dropsolo I second the use of search button before posting on certain topics. I've lurked in another forum that had a pinned list at the top of the page listing faux paw topics. Might be something to consider. I mean I'll say it now> I give it a month till the ol "which wetsuit?" Topic pops up.

Do a search. It already has! ha

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

10/21/2014 02:22 PM

dropsolo

wetsuit tops two months ago which is right in the smack dab of summer. that's early!

10/21/2014 04:18 PM

Av8Surf

My quest is to find info on how to not lose my sunglasses after a wipe out or duck dive. Floating glasses maybe with a clip. 

10/21/2014 04:19 PM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

@ dropsolo----global warming, (cooling?) that was easy.... which is btw up there with - should i move to cali, ? and shortboard / longboard ... followed by ... local shaper or popout? SUP? av8? u need a bobber, or a leash. next question?

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 10/21/2014 04:25 PM

jeff kennedy

Originally posted by: Av8Surf   My quest is to find info on how to not lose my sunglasses after a wipe out or duck dive. Floating glasses maybe with a clip.   
www.pinterest.com

www.happyponysurf.com

Edited: 10/21/2014 at 04:45 PM by jeff kennedy
 10/21/2014 04:36 PM

dropsolo

Originally posted by: bob3000

@ dropsolo----global warming, (cooling?) that was easy.... which is btw up there with - should i move to cali, ? and shortboard / longboard ... followed by ... local shaper or popout? SUP? av8? u need a bobber, or a leash. next question?

this discussion of played out topics is in itself, played out. I've been down this road on here twice before.

Holy GroundHog Day! (bill murray 90s)

10/21/2014 05:16 PM

Tiptime

Originally posted by: Av8Surf   My quest is to find info on how to not lose my sunglasses after a wipe out or duck dive. Floating glasses maybe with a clip.   
Its real simple!! fishing line, shoe lace or what I use is the draw string that comes with the pouch that protects the SeaSpecs when not in use. just attach the line/string to the back end of the head strap with enough room to slip it over your head, its just too easy!! 7 years and count haven't lost a pair yet. And that's the Tip

The Wavecaster
 10/21/2014 05:43 PM

DownSouthSlidah

Joined Forum: 09/16/2006

These (sorry for the no clicky...):

http://www.kurtisusa.com/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwiJiiBRDh3Z-ctPfS5MgBEiQAAlkbQj4RRYxvR-DPYeecvFXg1E8-sl7nc83pWZHRv0Pknx0aAkX98P8HAQ

These come with a leash. I've had mine four years and still going strong. SeaSpecs work great on the water but I have owned three pairs and the rubber cushioning on the arms came unglued on each pair and nothing I used to repair held. The Kurtis specs are expensive but very comfortable and offer much better peripheral vision. Plus, they don't fog up and are very durable.

10/21/2014 07:05 PM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Surfed for 10 years with a pair of Ray Ban balorama's (prescription). Drilled small holes near the end of the plastic ear pieces. Used stainless fishing swivels (with bearings), leader wire and a bobber (to keep it afloat) when I lost it (which happened a couple of times) it washed back up after a while. Used stainless crimp sleeves all tied to some kind of leather necklace I had with 10lb test mono line. Biggest problem was drops on the lens...still is I guess. God then created Rain-X, but it's still not perfect. Now I wear a cheap ass pair of sunglasses with the same fish tackle setup with floating croaker lanyard. I can still see well enough to face plant on a perfect left.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 10/21/2014 07:13 PM

ummm

Joined Forum: 03/24/2014

If your going to surf with sunglasses you might as well go ahead and get a life jacket and aqua sox for your sesh. Jimmy Slade would do it.

10/21/2014 07:22 PM

Av8Surf

Originally posted by: eibla Surfed for 10 years with a pair of Ray Ban balorama's (prescription). Drilled small holes near the end of the plastic ear pieces. Used stainless fishing swivels (with bearings), leader wire and a bobber (to keep it afloat) when I lost it (which happened a couple of times) it washed back up after a while. Used stainless crimp sleeves all tied to some kind of leather necklace I had with 10lb test mono line. Biggest problem was drops on the lens...still is I guess. God then created Rain-X, but it's still not perfect. Now I wear a cheap ass pair of sunglasses with the same fish tackle setup with floating croaker lanyard. I can still see well enough to face plant on a perfect left.

I would love to see a pic of this setup. 

Here is a video with Cablez and a fishing bobber. 

http://youtu.be/M45HGvuCkVU

10/22/2014 02:16 PM

crnawolfman

Joined Forum: 01/06/2014

I use Amphibians....reasonable price, replaceable lenses, they don't fog...good strap... use to have Sea Specs but they fog quick....

10/22/2014 04:28 PM

water

Joined Forum: 02/14/2010

I perfer surfing with a hat.  The water drops on the sunglasses agravate me.  At least thats some protection for my eyes and face.

10/22/2014 08:03 PM

Northjetty101

Joined Forum: 08/20/2010

My eyes have been getting torched for years and years. Finally got a pair of Sea Specs but still only use them seldom. But I agree with Tip, there has to come a time where protection becomes priority. I have to remind myself of that more often.
FORUMS : Surfing : Surfing with Sunglasses

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .