Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Official HYPE thread for 10/25
Topic Summary: ya think?
Created On: 10/20/2014 10:19 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/22/2014 01:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ograbac

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

TC - I too have Oceanography and meteorology experience, but that doesn't matter much when it comes to simple math.

With your first comment:We should be paying attention to a rather small storm 2800 miles away? We see large storms near the Azores several times each year. How often do they produce waves for us?

You know you were trying to step on my toes.

And yes, we should be paying attention to a storm 2800 miles away, not to mention NEasters well over 1000 miles away .
Maybe your feeble mind (check your spelling) ought to know we get swell from tropical storms appx 2000 miles away (don't know if you remember that part). This current storm will be able to put out 12 sec period swell, especially since it has been sitting and spinning for days. Most storms in the Azores are MLL and have almost no fetch pointed toward us.

Now, as long as it doesn't get torn apart by a lot of opposing wind and swell, we should see something from it. Small, but swell nonetheless.

Good day....!

10/22/2014 01:49 PM

ncsurf

Joined Forum: 02/23/2011

Originally posted by: ograbac TC - I too have Oceanography and meteorology experience, but that doesn't matter much when it comes to simple math. With your first comment:We should be paying attention to a rather small storm 2800 miles away? We see large storms near the Azores several times each year. How often do they produce waves for us? You know you were trying to step on my toes. And yes, we should be paying attention to a storm 2800 miles away, not to mention NEasters well over 1000 miles away . Maybe your feeble mind (check your spelling) ought to know we get swell from tropical storms appx 2000 miles away (don't know if you remember that part). This current storm will be able to put out 12 sec period swell, especially since it has been sitting and spinning for days. Most storms in the Azores are MLL and have almost no fetch pointed toward us. Now, as long as it doesn't get torn apart by a lot of opposing wind and swell, we should see something from it. Small, but swell nonetheless. Good day....!

I really don't know why I am bothering to respond to you because you obviously don't really know what you are talking about. You know just enough terminology to say things that impress some people apparently or like to think you sound smart. I dealt with plenty of people like you when I was getting my met degrees. Anyway, enjoy your <1' at 12-13 seconds on Sunday and Monday if you can determine which knee high line can be contributed to that storm. It might be difficult with the chop on top of it.

10/22/2014 02:05 PM

Joined Forum: 10/22/2014

Originally posted by: ncsurf
Originally posted by: ograbac TC - I too have Oceanography and meteorology experience, but that doesn't matter much when it comes to simple math. With your first comment:We should be paying attention to a rather small storm 2800 miles away? We see large storms near the Azores several times each year. How often do they produce waves for us? You know you were trying to step on my toes. And yes, we should be paying attention to a storm 2800 miles away, not to mention NEasters well over 1000 miles away . Maybe your feeble mind (check your spelling) ought to know we get swell from tropical storms appx 2000 miles away (don't know if you remember that part). This current storm will be able to put out 12 sec period swell, especially since it has been sitting and spinning for days. Most storms in the Azores are MLL and have almost no fetch pointed toward us. Now, as long as it doesn't get torn apart by a lot of opposing wind and swell, we should see something from it. Small, but swell nonetheless. Good day....!

I really don't know why I am bothering to respond to you because you obviously don't really know what you are talking about. You know just enough terminology to say things that impress some people apparently or like to think you sound smart. I dealt with plenty of people like you when I was getting my met degrees. Anyway, enjoy your <1' at 12-13 seconds on Sunday and Monday if you can determine which knee high line can be contributed to that storm. It might be difficult with the chop on top of it.

I didn't say it would be large surf.  There are several fronts that will be pushing against it to kill most of it, yes.  And yes, it won't be much to surf on 2-3' if, and that is IF, it wasn't even blown down.

I didn't say I was extremely educated in the field, but neither are you.  So what, you have an oceanography degree.  Not hard to get by the way.

Why the hell did you have to start crap with me anyway?

Please, just don't reply to any of my posts anymore.

Hope you have good sessions coming up... enjoy the surf.

10/22/2014 04:09 PM

ncsurf

Joined Forum: 02/23/2011

Originally posted by: 1234
Originally posted by: ncsurf

I didn't say it would be large surf.  There are several fronts that will be pushing against it to kill most of it, yes.  And yes, it won't be much to surf on 2-3' if, and that is IF, it wasn't even blown down.

I didn't say I was extremely educated in the field, but neither are you.  So what, you have an oceanography degree.  Not hard to get by the way.

Why the hell did you have to start crap with me anyway?

Please, just don't reply to any of my posts anymore.

Hope you have good sessions coming up... enjoy the surf.

No oceanography degree here...what would you do with that anyway except go back to school? I have a couple of pieces of paper that prove I earned my met degrees. Its been a few years since i did the grunt work but the knowledge is up top somewhere! Can't speak for the oceanography degree but depending on your program you can definitely get easier than earning a degree in meteorology.

10/22/2014 07:42 PM

Northjetty101

Joined Forum: 08/20/2010

Tipper's on to something.

The models don't seem as gun shy at this point.

The Gulfster's may get a nice channel swell if it comes up between the Yucatan and Cuba like Wilma did. That's the deep water delivery that Gulf locals watch for. The other bonus is that area's to the north of the Low get E and SE winds (offshore) with incoming ground swell. I was in Bradenton for Wilma and we had a surprise visit by Wardo. It was over head with offshore winds. He was ripping the shit out of it. Packed up the crew and headed back to north beach (3+ hours) and then woke up the next day to Wilma bearing down an exit wound just to the south of us. Light poles bent over down the Island. No power. Didn't even prepare well. But considering the day we had west side it was all worth it...
 10/22/2014 09:00 PM

Fletchmon

Joined Forum: 01/27/2007

Former TD #9 now....
 10/23/2014 05:58 AM

Northjetty101

Joined Forum: 08/20/2010

Gulfster still seems to think that the remnants are going to stick around and get pulled up into the gulf with the next front. I'm not entirely sure why aside from a wishful optimism:

Thursday October 23rd Anna Maria Island 8:30am The dry front has passed and with it has brought in some cooler, fresher air. Absolutely flat on the beach, but the NE winds will be gusting for the next few days and the kiters will find plenty of ripe wind. Low pressure will persist down in the Carib, and hopefully later next week when the next front drops in, it will pull this ball of energy up into the Gulf. The chances are still there for further formation, but I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist. Have a great day. -- Tommy D. Gulf Temp 81°

10/23/2014 09:25 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

and like that, he's gone

'Tropical Depression Nine moved inland in Mexico between Campeche
and Ciudad del Carmen just after 23/0000 UTC. The depression was
declared to be a remnant low after landfall. The 1004 mb low
pressure center is in Mexico near 19n90.5w. Convective
precipitation...numerous strong from 19n to 21n between 85w and
87w off the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula in the northwestern
Caribbean Sea

-------------------------
"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 10/23/2014 03:18 PM

orlandork

Joined Forum: 09/08/2003

So it went Kyser Soze
 10/23/2014 03:29 PM

KeyserSoze

Joined Forum: 03/30/2011

Yes ?
Did you call me??

Who is Keyser Soze?

10/23/2014 05:43 PM

orlandork

Joined Forum: 09/08/2003

In the zone like Keyser Söze, Always the Usual Suspect, No check all I got in this game is my respect
 10/25/2014 04:28 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! it ain't flat!!

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 10/25/2014 04:40 AM

Lounge-A-Rama

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

bob3000, is Kramerica Industries hiring? Looking for an intern position.

Life is a garden*Dig it!
FORUMS : Surfing : Official HYPE thread for 10/25

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .